The Elder Scrolls Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just a heads up, Zenimax is charging cards the monthly sub fee when you sign up instead of waiting for the 30 days fee game time to expire.

There's definitely a problem. Game is supposed to come with 30 days game time. But got charged today, and account says next charge is May 4th.

From the official forums:

Bank Account Being Charged?
ZOS_JessicaFolsomZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin
12:03AM edited 12:10AM in Customer Support - English
Upon setting up your subscription plan you may see an initial transaction against your account however this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided and will be removed once the authorization check is complete.

Exceptions to this general rule are Webmoney, ideal, PaySafeCard, and Giropay.
Post edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom at 12:10AM
Jessica Folsom
Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Support
Wtf is this shit? Some of the decisions Zeni makes and the way they go about things are just baffling.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's definitely a problem. Game is supposed to come with 30 days game time. But got charged today, and account says next charge is May 4th.

From the official forums:

Wtf is this shit? Some of the decisions Zeni makes and the way they go about things are just baffling.
This is simply not how you do things in the real world. That excuse is fucking pathetic and probably an outright lie. Something in the billing fucked up and instead of coming clean they are going with this bullshit excuse.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The #1 thing pissing me off is the rollbacks. That's unacceptable. I can ignore broken quests, NPCs bugging out, SLI not working, etc, but not rollbacks.

Hows everyone else liking the game now that it's been a few days? I see a few folks poopsocking through the veteran ranks or whatever it's called already :p

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The #1 thing pissing me off is the rollbacks. That's unacceptable. I can ignore broken quests, NPCs bugging out, SLI not working, etc, but not rollbacks.

Hows everyone else liking the game now that it's been a few days? I see a few folks poopsocking through the veteran ranks or whatever it's called already :p
What did they rollback? I logged off about 7am pst. Is that progress gone? I can't check. I'm at work.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
This is simply not how you do things in the real world. That excuse is fucking pathetic and probably an outright lie. Something in the billing fucked up and instead of coming clean they are going with this bullshit excuse.
Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days??? - General Discussion - Elder Scrolls Online Forums at MMORPG.com

mmorpg.com to the rescue and explain it.

You're fucking crazy, Abe. It's just an auth charge.
tongue.png
Everyone in the thread is yelling at the guy who posted they charged his AMEX saying HE'S the dumbass for not knowing this is normal.

Mike B- "As many others have stated and linked to, it's an auth charge."

So much drama with this game right now, and I thought the TOR launch was funny.
Rollbacks are 'semi'-normal. I've seen them in several launches and even afterwards. Never been charged upfront though, ever. Not even for a clear playing any mmo.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Can anyone explain/show me how to get sweetfx working with an Nvideo 570gtx. The Radeon download doesn't seem to recognize my card.. Thanks in advance..

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Greenshade rollbacks are a fucking nightmare. Definitely skip everything to do with greenshade once you're done with grahtwood--I hear cyrodiil is nice this time of year.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I prepaid Green man Gaming for imperial copy and no emails today yet sad face.
So you just got yours?
"You will not be able to redeem the Main Game and Explorer?s pack codes until 00:01 GMT, April 4th when the game launches."
Ya, got the codes but its all mixed in. I wish they put in a description line per code so you know what each is or better yet split the codes per order. When I ordered it with the discount at the time, it wouldnt apply the discount to the 2nd copy in the cart thus having to do a 2nd order for my second copy with the discount. I should have gotten 2 emails with equal number of codes. I then would know for sure what set of codes are for which account.

The only thing I see on GMG support is a phone number and no email at this time. I see there Kbase but no option to email them in any way just call. My other option is to just enter a code at a time and watching how it registers within my account on ESO. Given that the first 3 code are for one order and the last 3 are the next order.

Hoping ESO has the coding set to not allow a 2nd copy of the game or explorer's pack to be allow on an account. This will get messing if those codes are mixed up and ESO account allow for multiple redeems! I know the beta keys were blocked when i was trying to input more than 1, so here's hoping!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The only thing I see on GMG support is a phone number and no email at this time. I see there Kbase but no option to email them in any way just call. My other option is to just enter a code at a time and watching how it registers within my account on ESO. Given that the first 3 code are for one order and the last 3 are the next order.
I had problems finding their support too from their site, however if you google green man gaming support, you get a link to

Green Man Gaming : Submit a request for assistance

That should send them an e-mail to

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

which is their official e-mail support (and the e-mail you reply back to when you get a response). I used that when I had problems with my first order not working, took around an hour before they replied back, and around 10-15 minutes per reply after that. They were actually quite helpful and fast.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I had problems finding their support too from their site, however if you google green man gaming support, you get a link to

Green Man Gaming : Submit a request for assistance

That should send them an e-mail to

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

which is their official e-mail support (and the e-mail you reply back to when you get a response). I used that when I had problems with my first order not working, took around an hour before they replied back, and around 10-15 minutes per reply after that. They were actually quite helpful and fast.
Thank you very much. That will be very helpful.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just gonna leave it there : itwouldseem ZOS policy regarding account sharing to race world firsts (lvl50, VR10, etc) is quite harsh and final, if you catch my drift.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days??? - General Discussion - Elder Scrolls Online Forums at MMORPG.com

mmorpg.com to the rescue and explain it.

You're fucking crazy, Abe. It's just an auth charge.
tongue.png
Everyone in the thread is yelling at the guy who posted they charged his AMEX saying HE'S the dumbass for not knowing this is normal.

Mike B- "As many others have stated and linked to, it's an auth charge."

So much drama with this game right now, and I thought the TOR launch was funny.

Rollbacks are 'semi'-normal. I've seen them in several launches and even afterwards. Never been charged upfront though, ever. Not even for a clear playing any mmo.
What's even more hilarious are auth charges are usually a dollar, not 14.99.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Auth chargers are frequently the rough cost they want to charge you. It happens all the time and people getting uppity about it after they learn it's just an auth charge are being silly.

I'm just gonna leave it there : itwouldseem ZOS policy regarding account sharing to race world firsts (lvl50, VR10, etc) is quite harsh and final, if you catch my drift.
spill the beans!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I got vampire last night at level 19. In order to do the quest you need to solo 1v1 level 42 mobs. I managed to just stun lock them as a NB and win. Stun -> Heavy Attack which knocks them down is key. You start off with Drain Essence that channels damage and restores 150% of the damage as health and stamina. You can only use it once per mob though. It's fucking OP in PVE grinding. To get level 2 vamp requires 90k experience (I think). Level 19->20 is 22k exp for reference. At least now I can start grinding out the levels.

So I finally morphed Weakness to Elements into the Magicka return from elemental damage. Won't work right now with dual wield unfortunately. I need a lot of enchantment cooldown reduction.

Anyone here fully using Destro staff? What abilities are you slotting?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Anyone here fully using Destro staff? What abilities are you slotting?
Not fully, but I'm playing around with it some. I only have 2 skill points in it, mainly for Wall of Elements. So far I have skill points in Dual Wield, Destro, and Bow. I love swapping weapons out and guild abilities as it keeps things fresh.

The more I play, the more I really like the class/skill design. It and the graphics are the high points of the game, since I haven't done a ton of PVP yet.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
So, in fairness to ZOS, as it turns out, something in the Comcast infrastructure has totally grudge-pounded my upload speeds; still 60Mbps down, ranging from 3 Mbps down to 300Kps up, down from 12Mbps normally. When I started bitching about crashes, I am betting that is the main culprit. Hopefully the premises tech tomorrow can find where whatever is shitting up my signal is, and I can spend the weekend slowly working through questville.

Fake edit: It looks like they found the issue in their infrastructure and remediated it overnight. Hurray!