The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
We held another raid tonight in Auriel's Bow. Early this morning our Oceanic and Australian allies kicked up a hornet's nest by getting Emp and all 6 scrolls.
There was some whining about that on the official forums this morning. People were claiming it wasn't fair that Oceanic and Euro players could conquer most of the map while Americans were sleeping.

There were a few replies welcoming them to 24/7 RVR and telling them to suck it up.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There was some whining about that on the official forums this morning. People were claiming it wasn't fair that Oceanic and Euro players could conquer most of the map while Americans were sleeping.

There were a few replies welcoming them to 24/7 RVR and telling them to suck it up.
link dat drama son

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I couldn't get mine working. I'm probably retarded.
No, installing SweetFX for ESO is not as straight forward as in other games.

SweetFX is one of my favorite enhancements and I use it for every MMO that I play. Simply put, Sweet FX is a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, which allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games with little to no impact in performance. It's a powerful tool that can customize your gaming experience to satisfy even the most discerning eye. Unfortunately, it's not as easy to install in ESO as it is with other games. With that in mind, I thought it would be helpful to pull together a guide to walk you through how to install it.

Before we get started, let's answer a few questions...

What kind of results can I expect?

I use it to get sharper textures but it can be customized to get better lighting, darker shadows, deeper contrasts, etc. Here are some examples...

Screenshot - Pure (The Elder Scrolls Online)

Will I get banned for using SweetFX?

No, you will not be banned. For more specific details, click the "spoiler" tag below.

It is safe,I got in touch with ZOS about using this beautiful SweetFX. Here are the emails if interested. Reason I asked this was because the last post had a lot of concern over using this in ESO.

Me: I read a forum where someone has enabled SweetFX in The Elder Scrolls Online. This SweetFX removed the red tint which honestly is much easier on the eyes and an overall more clear look! Now this is just my opinion and I understand that, but my question is would it be okay if other players and I used SweetFX in The Elder Scrolls Online? Without the concerns of a ban or something else? I respect ZOS which is the reason I'm asking this, plus I'd hate to see other players banned for this. Thanks for your time, and hope to see you in Tamriel!

ZOS: Greetings traveler!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team

In order, to better assist you with this question we will be transferring it to our mod team. They will get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Warm regards, and yes see you in Tamriel!
The Elders Scroll Online Team

Me: You guys over at ZOS respond so quick and you listen/respond to community feedback so well, it's awesome. Which just makes my physical collector's edition purchase I made back in February even better. Tell everyone around you I said thanks for the customer service. I work at Amazon and love when another company is so friendly. Okay I'm done lol!

ZOS: Greetings Traveller!
Any software that you use without it influencing other players is okay for us, as long as it?s on your system only. We do not support any 3rd party software obviously, but if you want to try, there?s no harm done. =)
If there?s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Kind Regards Cedric The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Me: Thanks Cedric! One last question, would you be okay if I posted this email response from you on the reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline subreddit? If not, I completely understand. Reason is will be to give peace of mind to players that are not sure if this SweetFX is something that could cause a ban.

ZOS: Hey again. =)
I can?t explicitely say yes or no, that?s actually up to you. Me personally - I?m ok with it, if it helps other players.
Kind Regards Cedric The Elder Scrolls Online Team

TL
biggrin.png
R - ZOS said it is okay to use SweetFX
With that out of the way, let's get started.

SweetFX Installation Guide

Download the Tools

Step #1 : Download and install RadeonPro. This must be done regardless if you own a Nvidia or ATI/AMD GPU.

Step #2 : DownloadSweetFX v1.4. For this installation, you must use v1.4 as other versions will not work.

Step #3 : Extract SweetFX v1.4 into the root directory for RadeonPro you installed in Step #1. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro

Step #4 : Download the SweetFXpresetcalledPureor download your own. Place the file "SweetFX_Settings_The Elder Scrolls Online_Pure.txt"into the root directory for RadeonPro you installed in Step #1. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro

Step #5 : Open RadeonPro

Set-up RadeonPro

Step #1 : Within RadeonPro click on the "gears" icon. This will bring up the RadeonPro Settings window.

rrr_img_64524.jpg

Step #2 : Inside RadeonPro Settings window, click on "SweetFX setting"

Step #3 : Click the box next to "Enable SweetFX integration"

Step #4 : Ensure that the SweetFX root location matches directory you installed RadeonPro.

Step #5 : Pick a Toggle hotkey. I recommend any key that doesn't already have a predefined setting in ESO (such as Scroll Lock).

rrr_img_64525.jpg

Step #6 : Click Save in the bottom right hand corner and the window will close.

Set-up a Profile

Step #1 : Within RadeonPro click on the "plus" icon. This will bring up the "Open" window. The goal of this is to direct RadeonPro to your ESO executable.

rrr_img_64526.jpg

Step #2 : Go to the directory where you installed ESO and go to the "client" folder.

Step #3 : Select "eso.exe"

Step #4 : Ensure it is in the "File Name" box.

rrr_img_64527.jpg

Step #5 : Click "Open" in the bottom right hand corner. This will close the window and your profile will now appear.

Upload your Preset

Step #1 : Within RadeonPro click on the "SweetFX" tab to the right.

Step #2 : Click on the "Import settings..." at the bottom. You may have to scroll down depending on how large your RadeonPro window is.

rrr_img_64528.jpg

Step #3 : Go to the directory where you saved the Pure preset. It should be the same directory you extracted SweetFX to. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro

Step #4 : Select "SweetFX_Settings_The Elder Scrolls Online_Pure.txt" file

Step #5 : Ensure it is in the "File Name" box.

rrr_img_64529.jpg

Step #6 : Click "Open" in the bottom right hand corner. This will close the window and your settings are now installed.

Final Steps and Launch Game

Step #1 : Within RadeonPro click on the "Visual" tab to the right.

Step #2 : Click the box next to "FXAA".

Step #3 : From the drop down box, select "Ultra". Note: Step #2 & #3 must selected or SweetFX will not work.

Step #4 : Right-click on the "ESO" profile and select "Play" to launch the game.

Congratulations! You've successfully installed SweetFX and it should be working properly. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

F.A.Q.

Question - to launch the game do I have to right click the profile and launch every time?
No, you do not need to launch the game everytime from RadeonPro, however RadeonPro must be open in order for it to work.

If not, then what is the hotkey for?
The hotkey allows you to enable/disable SweetFX in-game in real time.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So I hit 50 and still kind of in the dark what to do. I didnt do the quest line into coldharbour but teleported, should I go back and do that or does it not matter? I was told in order to get into veteran areas I need to do the main quest line in cold harbour.. not sure which one that is but I'll do them all. Going to finish my main story quests also, and fighters guild. Is there any guilds out there doing serious veteran or raiding type stuff? I feel like guilds are a clusterfuck atm just being used for guild store and hard to find people that know what they're doing at veteran rank or higher. I'm ebonheart if that matters but seems we can group with any of the 3 alliances.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So I hit 50 and still kind of in the dark what to do. I didnt do the quest line into coldharbour but teleported, should I go back and do that or does it not matter? I was told in order to get into veteran areas I need to do the main quest line in cold harbour.. not sure which one that is but I'll do them all. Going to finish my main story quests also, and fighters guild. Is there any guilds out there doing serious veteran or raiding type stuff? I feel like guilds are a clusterfuck atm just being used for guild store and hard to find people that know what they're doing at veteran rank or higher. I'm ebonheart if that matters but seems we can group with any of the 3 alliances.
You won't be able to get access to the other two faction areas until you complete the main story line. That quest can not be deleted so if you haven't completed it yet most likely all you need to do is go to the Harborage to continue.

Your last sentence is incorrect. You can never group with members of the two opposing factions. However, you can be in the same guild as them but all that gives you is access to guild chat and the guild store.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Oh ok so when people say to finish main story line in cold harbour they just mean the quest journal category "main story" which yeah is level 36 atm and wants me to go to the harborage. Here I've been grinding and trying to figure out which quest line to finish etc. I really think I'd rather grind veteran dungeons than go to the other lands and do their quests.. can we just grind in their lands too? Thanks for the info.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I need like a pre-veteran area check list lol.
- skyshards check
- do all dungeons for skill pts
- do fighters guild/mage guild

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Do all these dungeons (pre veteran) give skill pt? I'm up to the level 28 set (city of ash etc) and some guy had said some of the ones on that list dont give skill pts.. but do they?ESO Dungeons and YouFigured I'd knock em out before veteran dungeons

Level 12
Fungal Grotto
Spindleclutch
The Banished Cells
Level 20
Elden Hollow
Wayrest Sewers
Darkshade caverns
Level 28
Arx Corinium
City of Ash
Crypt of Hearts
Level 34
Direfrost Keep
Volenfell
Tempest Island
Level 40
Selene's Web
Blackheart Haven
Blessed Crucible
Level 47
Vaults of Madness

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Banhammer from ZOS:

Community ManagerJessica Fulsomposted an announcement today of the studio's opening shots against evil-doers: "Today, we made our first major strike against those who choose to cheat inESO, permanently banning thousands. This is only the beginning of our ongoing efforts to keep the game free from botters, speed hackers, and gold spammers. We want to thank everyone who has sent in-game reports about these individuals inESO-- your reports helped us identify many of the accounts we banned today."

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How long till a reddit thread pops up with people crying how they got unfairly banned. I always love those, especially when the company has enough balls to respond and call the people out for lying.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How long till a reddit thread pops up with people crying how they got unfairly banned. I always love those, especially when the company has enough balls to respond and call the people out for lying.
They obviously only banned stolen credit card accounts and some high profile bots (looking at you mssvdd). The kind of "people" not caring about Reddit at all. Since CS is all about priorities, I don't think they have a bunch of GMs, wandering around logs / maps hunting for TOS violators. They're on launch release mode, they'd get more praise handmoving "rightful" customers from them Coldharbour bugged quests than banning "chinese convicted number xxxx" because he abused client side memory. Every AAA MMO launch we have the same rightful laconic "we banned cheaters" PR message, assuring customers they have people "working on it". It's mostly a PR stunt, it's too costly to fight them unless you get a nice spreadsheet of stolen credit card numbers. It's supply and demand.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
what are some of the essential UI add-ons I need? I'm actually getting into this game, I've made like a dozen test characters, testing builds and stuff and finally settle on DK. Going to roll my main tomorrow but want everything set up. links would be appreciated.