The Elder Scrolls Online

Vitality

HUSTLE
You may be able to solo in VR+ content, but it's not by design as evidenced by the fact the mobs are on steroids like Bondurant alluded to, they take a lot longer to kill, and you have less room for screwups. You also alluded to it by pointing out how duoing makes it much simpler, which was my point all along. Grouping up to do VR content is how the game was designed to be played.
This is absolutely not true. The mobs are not on steroids what-so-ever. Some of the bosses take a minute to kill solo, sure. But that's it.

The only thing truly designed for 4 man group difficulty in this game are the instanced dungeons.

The rest can be solo'ed or duoed if you are even remotely decent at this game.

Anchors and Some bosses and group torches require a partner to complete unless you're exemplary at this game. VR content was most definitely not tuned to challenge a 4 man group.

Now if your 4 man group is skill-challenged, that's a different story all together. If it's an issue of moving out of the fire or dying, I doubt that constitutes as being on steroids. Only noobs think red circles are challenging.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Source? Because to me its the same was 1-50 with longer TTK and you have to actually block/avoid attacks. Besides obvious group content(Anchors, Public dungeon, group dungeons and WBs) nothing in the VR content said to me "This looks like it was all designed to be group content".
My source? I read it on the PTS forums a couple months back. Additonally, you and Vitality have confirmed it in your replies. You just said the TTK for PVE mobs is a lot longer and you have to dodge/block to avoid dying. That is completely opposite of the 1-50 game where mobs die in a few seconds and the penalty for missing a block/dodge is not near as severe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's three classes of difficulty here:
1. faceroll solo
2. medium difficulty solo, faceroll group
3. medium difficulty group, nearly impossible solo

Is difficulty #2 group content? I'd say not really.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My source? I read it on the PTS forums a couple months back. Additonally, you and Vitality have confirmed it in your replies. You just said the TTK for PVE mobs is a lot longer and you have to dodge/block to avoid dying. That is completely opposite of the 1-50 game where mobs die in a few seconds and the penalty for missing a block/dodge is not near as severe.
Stealth surpise attacks one shots VR1-10 basic mobs. Just as it does in the 1-50 zones.

Let's face it, PTS testers were largly inefficient and majorly bad if they all made claims that VR content was challenging to a full group. I mean for fucks sake, you're citing the same crowd that got nameplates turned off on the grounds of immersion, when there's goddamned battle-axe mudcrabs running around.

I'd rather you cite your own personal experiece here so I can guage your expertise.

My personal experience: I lead a group of guys through VR zones 1-5, we rofl stomped it in less than 6 hours. The most challenging aspect we faced were the loading screens, because holy shit were they broken.

The second most challenging aspect were some of the group-torch quests that required us to complete up to 3 laps around the torch to finish.

Other than that, only one or two assholes died to standing in the red. Of which they were appropriately ridiculed.

Mostly because you have to be practically AFK to die this stuff.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This is absolutely not true. The mobs are not on steroids what-so-ever. Some of the bosses take a minute to kill solo, sure. But that's it.

The only thing truly designed for 4 man group difficulty in this game are the instanced dungeons.

The rest can be solo'ed or duoed if you are even remotely decent at this game.

Anchors and Some bosses and group torches require a partner to complete unless you're exemplary at this game. VR content was most definitely not tuned to challenge a 4 man group.

Now if your 4 man group is skill-challenged, that's a different story all together. If it's an issue of moving out of the fire or dying, I doubt that constitutes as being on steroids. Only noobs think red circles are challenging.
Whether you are doing it intentionally or not, you are resorting to a strawman argument. Nowhere did I assert that VR content was tuned to challenge a 4 man group. You are changing the argument there. What I said was that VR content was designed for grouping. Duoing is grouping by the way.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Whether you are doing it intentionally or not, you are resorting to a strawman argument. Nowhere did I assert that VR content was tuned to challenge a 4 man group. You are changing the argument there. What I said was that VR content was designed for grouping. Duoing is grouping by the way.
Roughly 10% of VR content is designed to be done with a group. I'm done contributing to this subject.

Your second hand information makes for stale argument.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Stealth surpise attacks one shots VR1-10 basic mobs. Just as it does in the 1-50 zones.

Let's face it, PTS testers were largly inefficient and majorly bad if they all made claims that VR content was challenging to a full group. I mean for fucks sake, you're citing the same crowd that got nameplates turned off on the grounds of immersion, when there's goddamned battle-axe mudcrabs running around.

I'd rather you cite your own personal experiece here so I can guage your expertise.

My personal experience: I lead a group of guys through VR zones 1-5, we rofl stomped it in less than 6 hours. The most challenging aspect we faced were the loading screens, because holy shit were they broken.

The second most challenging aspect were some of the group-torch quests that required us to complete up to 3 laps around the torch to finish.

Other than that, only one or two assholes died to standing in the red. Of which they were appropriately ridiculed.

Mostly because you have to be practically AFK to die this stuff.
Are you claiming you cleared five VR zones with a group in 6 hours? If so that is pretty impressive.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Make your argument and move on. Answering a final statement with two questions that contain no information is bad form and just makes it look like you want to play patty-cake instead of come to an informational conclusion.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'd post proof of this, but it will likely get me in even more trouble now that I've been fired/quit - you'll be seeing free-to-play at the start of the next investment quarter. The sub numbers are abysmal compared to projections to say the least. This was a pump-and-dump MMO. The dupe bugs and database issues won't be fixed anytime soon because they let the majority of staff go due to the limited sales.
FWIW someone named Garbrac linked to this post on the official forums asking if it were true. A ZOS employee stated there have been no layoffs yet.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Make your argument and move on. Answering a final statement with two questions that contain no information is bad form and just makes it look like you want to play patty-cake instead of come to an informational conclusion.
Personally I think resorting to strawman arguments and putting words in people's mouth that they never said is bad form. Why anyone even wants to argue over it is beyond me. Numerous posters here have stated VR content is more challenging. Pointing out that is by design to encourage grouping should not be controversial, especially since a lot of posters in this thread have complained that TESO does not do enough to promote grouping.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not siding one way or the other but how often are companies truthful about the state of their employee pool in a public forum? Besides, I think you would have to be delusional if you didn't think layoffs were forthcoming in some form or another. It's pretty much par for the course on huge projects like this. And if the game isn't doing that well then the likelihood of a large layoff is even greater. Once the game settles into the "core" players, it always becomes evident that the size of the team supporting it doesn't line up properly. The two primary outliers to this is Everquest, which saw a slow increase in numbers which peaked around PoP, and WoW, which I don't need to really explain.

I think it's too early for something like this to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's internal unease in the rank and file because they know it's coming, they just don't know when.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Right there with you Moon, I'm not entirely convinced this is baseless, mainly due to the fact that the patch notes recently are completely skeleton bare bones.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Somethings up just from looking at their recruitment pages. My best guess would be they're moving on to making a Fallout MMO having cashed in on TES.

ZeniMax Careers

Majority of those are senior positions, which is where the guy on here said they were moving people on.

Whatever, I'm with Vit and Moon. Miss Folsom might want to seek clarification on her info.