The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It was me..Next time don't make your password fuckyoufiror.
Lol
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan, how do you suppose they hacked your yahoo account? Do you use the same passwords/security questions on both ESO and your yahoo account?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Yahoo was hacked earlier this year. If Ut hadn't changed his account since January, they probably still had access to it currently.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sure was. People at work were telling me that they were getting fucking spam mails from me. I was like WTF?

So I upgraded all my yahoo shit, linked my phone to the account so now in order to change passwords they would have to hack my phone as well.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Oh Jesus Christ stop the defending bullshit. You have a God Damn excuse for everything to deflect from ZO. There is * No * chance I was hacked other than something through their service. Nothing else was effected. Only this email account, only this game. Period. I have never been hacked, nor will ever again. Have multiple emails for multiple game registrations, with multiple passwords across different auth schemes. The very fact that somehow this is the game that was hacked at the same exact time I was requesting a refund the day after a mysterious email comes in saying I was trying to change my password (Which I didn't click) and both the email registration and TESO account both get hacked at the exact same time...

Give me a break.

At least you can do yourself the genuine defending service of blaming the SSL Sercurity hole that they won't be able to allocate resources to fix because they are so fucking busy trying to make sure guild banks hold their items in them.
rolleyes.png
You really have to be desperate to classify my reply as defending ZOS.

Based on your past history of completely fabricating stuff out of the blue, my first impression was that this was another one you figured you could get away since a lot of people were jumping ship.

You yourself said you got the email about the attempted password change the day before you requested the refund. It just sounded fishy to me.
Had you said you got the password change email AFTER you requested the refund, then that is a different story.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yahoo was hacked like 2weeks ago, it was kinda everywhere on the news sites. If you hadn't changed your pass then it wasn't secure. Not that it doesn't suck but eh. Search Heartbleed+yahoo on google for details.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It was me..Next time don't make your password fuckyoufiror.
BTW one thing I do agree was a collosal bad idea on ZOS part was making your account name publicly visible to everyone playing. If Utnayan is actually telling the truth and his game account was hacked, whoever did it already knew what his account name was. All they had to do
was crack the password.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
BTW how do you even know your account got hacked? If you called ZOS customer service and got a refund, then by default you should not be able to login anymore. Perhaps instead of getting hacked, you just don't have a valid game key and/or active account to log in to?

Zantox_sl

shitlord
While I don't know how ZSO does it, typically you keep your account and lose access to a game. Rarely do they delete the whole account altogether.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
BTW how do you even know your account got hacked? If you called ZOS customer service and got a refund, then by default you should not be able to login anymore. Perhaps instead of getting hacked, you just don't have a valid game key and/or active account to log in to?
Well, I am putting 2 and 2 together here. One, I can no longer access the registered email account. The password was changed, along with the secret answers. 2) My refund hasn't hit my financial institution yet. 3) They called me yesterday but I wasn't able to answer. Hoping they call again today to look at it. 4) I had a password request change on Sunday that I didn't conduct. 5) You should check to see when the last time I logged in as since you are on my friends list. Let me know if there have been any login's in the last 2 weeks. If there have been, it hasn't been me.

SSL

Yeah Pyros my bad on that one.

Not sure how they got the password. But, I use various emails with one password for that game associated with it. So the passwords were identical. I suppose it could be heartbleed... But how would an email password change notification hit that specific yahoo email, then once ignored, my email account goes right along with my TESO account. Did TESO suffer from the same SSL gap? And more importantly, has it been fixed?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Well, I am putting 2 and 2 together here. One, I can no longer access the registered email account. The password was changed, along with the secret answers. 2) My refund hasn't hit my financial institution yet. 3) They called me yesterday but I wasn't able to answer. Hoping they call again today to look at it. 4) I had a password request change on Sunday that I didn't conduct. 5) You should check to see when the last time I logged in as since you are on my friends list. Let me know if there have been any login's in the last 2 weeks. If there have been, it hasn't been me.

SSL

Yeah Pyros my bad on that one.

Not sure how they got the password. But, I use various emails with one password for that game associated with it. So the passwords were identical. I suppose it could be heartbleed... But how would an email password change notification hit that specific yahoo email, then once ignored, my email account goes right along with my TESO account. Did TESO suffer from the same SSL gap? And more importantly, has it been fixed?
So you don't know for certain if your TESO account got hacked. It's your personal email account you are having a problem with. The fact you can't login to TESO is expected since you got the refund and your game key should no longer work. Perhaps it's just coincidental timing?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\/\ I went to check and that's when I found out my email was hacked. I also couldn't get into my account after that. Nothing on my financial statement has said it was refunded and it's been since Monday.

So you don't know for certain if your TESO account got hacked. It's your personal email account you are having a problem with. The fact you can't login to TESO is expected since you got the refund and your game key should no longer work. Perhaps it's just coincidental timing?
I haven't received the refund yet. They wanted my information I had sent before, and said they would take care of it. When I went to log into my email for that game/account to check the email to make sure they received the information they had requested, I found the email account was hacked. At that point I tried to log into TESO from the account page, and it said I had the wrong password/invalid username.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Utnayan, how do you suppose they hacked your yahoo account? Do you use the same passwords/security questions on both ESO and your yahoo account?
Same Passwords for the email account I create for the game it is associated with.

The thing that is weird here is that I received a password request change I never initiated from the TESO Account Site, which also said if I didn't initiate the password change request to ignore it. I deleted the email. The next day, my email was hacked, and I could no longer access my TESO account.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So a rough timeline:
A couple weeks ago: Yahoo's email system gets hacked
A few days ago: You cancel your ESO account
A couple days ago: You get a password request notification
Yesterday: You can no longer log into your gaming email account or your ESO account.

Conclusion:
My TESO account has now been officially somehow hacked. Along with my email account. There is literally no way this happens this coincidentally.
Sorry you got hacked bro, but that's a coincidence. There's tons of people that get hacked because the market for MMO accounts is huge. Hackers get your account, liquidate it, then use it for a mule/spam account / laundering / sales etc.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So a rough timeline:
A couple weeks ago: Yahoo's email system gets hacked
A few days ago: You cancel your ESO account
A couple days ago: You get a password request notification
Yesterday: You can no longer log into your gaming email account or your ESO account.

Conclusion:

Sorry you got hacked bro, but that's a coincidence. There's tons of people that get hacked because the market for MMO accounts is huge. Hackers get your account, liquidate it, then use it for a mule/spam account / laundering / sales etc.
Yeah I understand that. But I tie an Email Address to each individual game. The password request notification came from TESO. And was only tied to one email account.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
BTW one thing I do agree was a collosal bad idea on ZOS part was making your account name publicly visible to everyone playing. If Utnayan is actually telling the truth and his game account was hacked, whoever did it already knew what his account name was. All they had to do
was crack the password.
Let's say your character name in TESO is "Flight" but your TESO account name that you use to login to the game is "PRX-Flight". When you type something in chat, it displays "PRX-Flight" instead of "Flight". A hacker can just monitor zone chat and write down account names and they already have half of your authentication info.

Months ago on PTS the testers were telling ZOS it was a bad idea to no avail.