The Elder Scrolls Online

Blackwulf

N00b
I want to see the next PTS notes. I'm still having fun. 7ish days /played. Certainly has flaws, but fun factor is strong. I'm sure playing with my longtime guildies is a factor too.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Meh, gonna drag myself to the all-call tonight with PRX but I think it might be my last night. Feel like im letting them down, love the environment, but the game just isn't pulling me in.
Same here. And after tonight's all-call I will likely try for a refund. I still have a bunch of broken story quests that I could never go through. At first I wasn't going to do the refund thing, then I remembered they did the Pay to win bullshiat where they put mounts and RACES behind a paywall. So yeah no....

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hey didn't I make an avatar bet with someone about ESO sales? They aren't releasing numbers yet though, right?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hey didn't I make an avatar bet with someone about ESO sales? They aren't releasing numbers yet though, right?
Wasn't that Blackwulf and myself? Something about hitting the 500k mark or something if I recall but that was a while ago.

It certainly has not hit 500k.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure this statement is rhetorical.

I doubt "I'm no longer having fun in this game" or "I'm tired/bored of ESO" is something we'll see typed from either you or Rescorla. Ever.

Not a dig, just a reality.
Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm fairly certain by the 4-6 month mark I will be moving on to some other game. That's pretty much been my MMO history for the past 10 years or so even if it's a MMO I like.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sure, I'll bet on the 2+ million. Did about 9 hours of pvp this weekend with 3 guildies and it was fucking fun. I'm not happy with everything, but I'm not going to list details cause I like my beta access.
Found it.

The Elder Scrolls Online Faction: Aldmeri Dominion. Campaign: Auriel's Bow - Page 225

I absolutely guarantee you this didn't sell 2 million. Not even 500k.

Let's fire up Blackwulf's new avatar.
smile.png

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Wasn't that Blackwulf and myself? Something about hitting the 500k mark or something if I recall but that was a while ago.

It certainly has not hit 500k.
No idea how accurate the info is, but a website called vgchartz.com is estimating 300k box sales after 2 weeks. Don't know if that number includes digital downloads directly from Zenimax.

Blackwulf

N00b
No idea how accurate the info is, but a website called vgchartz.com is estimating 300k box sales after 2 weeks. Don't know if that number includes digital downloads directly from Zenimax.
Correct. And that's not digital.

Gonna need more than utnayans speculation for this wager!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing that it's no where near 2mill but without getting any kind of information anywhere I can't enforce the bet.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So anyone able to get a refund if the bought through GMG?

I have something like 6 or 7 hours played, level 11 so far.

No desire at all to log in really, so might as well get a refund if I can.

Nybling_sl

shitlord
- VR1-10 content (which will get nerfed as soon as filthy casuals and stay at home dads will figure how "hardcore" it is right now) : here, we developed 3 factions with 3 leveling contents, there's no way you'll only grind one !
- Lack of social / guild / community / PvP features in PvP.
- Guild Store is an awful idea and it was developed by evil people who like to make other people suffer. You'd better spam that chat to sell that sword.
Fuck, I'm with you on the vet nerf. I suspect it's going to come and it's going to come hard despite the content not being THAT much more difficult. I mean for fucks sake they nerfed the shit out of the Mannimarco fight already, and that one clannfear from the first mages guild quest because it was "too hard".
frown.png

I agree, guilds need to be revamped. Guilds in ESO are some of the most unsocial things I've seen in a long, long time in an MMO and it's very head-scratching.

And yes, WTB a global AH. Please god.

Also - there should be a reason to go and claim a keep. Currently it provides your guild with nothing. They should change that, make it more interesting to defend your guilds keep at all costs.

headspace

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game is doing just fine based on my time tested game population estimation voodoo. I am having a lot of fun personally. I didn't have any pre-conceived ideas of what I wanted the game to be going into it though. It's the first game since EQ that I have enjoyed just grinding mobs to level in. It goes fast enough to feel rewarding, and the drops are good thanks to not having a global auction house (PoE has made me come around to the idea of auction houses being bad news). My only gripe is the very generic loot. It's the same crap that we have had in every MMO since WoW. I fucking hate the standard tiered crap with with preset groups of mods it can roll. I miss EQ's shit pile of completely unique drops. The screenshot below is from a black market account trading site. This is the first time I have seen a game's forum come close to WoW's level of viewers. The posts are a pretty even mix of WTB and WTS. For most games it's largely just WTS posts. The subreddit for it has been growing steadily as well.

rrr_img_65425.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing that it's no where near 2mill but without getting any kind of information anywhere I can't enforce the bet.
We would have seen a press release had it even come closer to their expectations.