The Elder Scrolls Online

Nybling_sl

shitlord
Oh and about the "all low pop campaigns", this was taken last night at 10pm on Eu megaserver :

860PUDB.png
So there are 4 campaigns worth a fuck. :p Four. I am really curious as to what sub numbers will look like come next month.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you hate AoE caps, or if you just want to express Zenimax your love for their official forums, followthis link.
voted and posted.

But they probably won't change until ZeniMax (not ZeniMax Online Studios) gets notification of first month sub results and pulls these dicks in a meeting and asks them wtf are they doing. I expect in 6 months we'll see some shit likeSimCity With Offline Play Now Available - EA News"You asked, we listened!".

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
It's a pretty dumb mechanic, there's nothing worse than hitting some AoE and knowing it only affects 6 targets, it's like shooting with blank shots. GW2 did that too and it was quite bad. They should just double the ressource cost of some AoEs and / or lowering damage coefficient so people won't spend hours spamming them while being full mana. While I understand bad players concern aka stand in the red circle dilemma, I think it's a pretty bad change, it will totally kill any incentive for small scale optimized PvP roaming groups to have the possibility of taking down larger groups. Everyone and their grandmother will group up in huge raids, and this will become GW2 all over again, Zerg Vs Zerg Vs Zerg chasing their own tails.
I find it interesting that when Warhammer was made/failed, a lot of people were putting it squarely on Jacob's shoulders. When they were reminded that Jacobs made Mythic's DAoC which made the most successful tri-realm PvP game ever, responses were"Oh, Jacobs didn't do shit. It was all Firor running the show."

Now that he's had five years to develop the PvP as the lead guy in ESO or at least a major contributor to it from the ground up, it will be interesting to see what people say six months from now if it goes south.

Jacobs is probably smiling a bit right now when he reads these patch notes as he follows this game, especially considering he's trying his own PvP-based tri-realm game right now.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
So there are 4 campaigns worth a fuck. :p Four. I am really curious as to what sub numbers will look like come next month.
Considering this game's strength will hinge on it's PvP... not good. If people care this little about the 'best' part of this mmo now..."later" is farked.

Tuco and his PRX posse are ruining the goddamn game by beating everyone and making them quit!
tongue.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I find it interesting that when Warhammer was made/failed, a lot of people were putting it squarely on Jacob's shoulders. When they were reminded that Jacobs made Mythic's DAoC which made the most successful tri-realm PvP game ever, responses were"Oh, Jacobs didn't do shit. It was all Firor running the show."

Now that he's had five years to develop the PvP as the lead guy in ESO or at least a major contributor to it from the ground up, it will be interesting to see what people say six months from now if it goes south.

Jacobs is probably smiling a bit right now when he reads these patch notes as he follows this game, especially considering he's trying his own PvP-based tri-realm game right now.
Firor had nothing to do with the pvp of this game. It was it's only saving grace and that was wheeler. Firor has no clue on how to run a company and who to hire promote and what not. Sage and sage alone is responsible for this cluster fuck abortion.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Firor had nothing to do with the pvp of this game. It was it's only saving grace and that was wheeler. Firor has no clue on how to run a company and who to hire promote and what not. Sage and sage alone is responsible for this cluster fuck abortion.
Ohh. I thought that's why he was brought onboard; DAoC experience. Why'd they bring him in then if not for his main 'area of expertise' in the industry?

I mean, it's the same reason SWTOR brought over that PvP lead from Warhammer. They thought he could bring something to the table lol.

Blackwulf

N00b
voted and posted.

But they probably won't change until ZeniMax (not ZeniMax Online Studios) gets notification of first month sub results and pulls these dicks in a meeting and asks them wtf are they doing. I expect in 6 months we'll see some shit likeSimCity With Offline Play Now Available - EA News"You asked, we listened!".
Voted and posted also. I said that AOE caps break my immersion. Well - it's kinda true, that shit doesn't make sense. Nybling, to play devil's advocate, my guild really likes PVP, but we only play a couple nights a week, as we're all trying to get higher VR ranks first. I'm sure we aren't alone.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Since Wheeler is in charge of PVP, sounds like he is the one who made the call to nerf AOEs in PVP.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Since Wheeler is in charge of PVP, sounds like he is the one who made the call to nerf AOEs in PVP.
The entire Mythic crew's reaction to anything that might be fun is to nerf. I'm hoping they've learned and don't go that route this time around.

I trust Mark Jacobs a lot more than Sage, Wheeler, Firor, or Ut. I'm hopeful his game has the PVP I want.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL Jesus

I leave for work for two weeks come back and half my friends have quit.

Cinge and tucos I take it are still hanging and banging ?

Blackwulf

N00b
To add a little explanation, all area-of-effect abilities in ESO--except a few edge cases (the ones we fixed)--have always had some sort of a cap. We simply fixed the handful that did not, and were supposed to. We haven't touched any of the others. We're editing the note to make it a bit more clear.
Huh. Any idea which ones they changed?

Blackwulf

N00b
In other words they accidently good game mechanic and had to patch that shit for consistency.
For instance I play a DK, and use burning talons - when I make a pull with lots of little trash mobs, I can grab up 15+, but I notice that some don't get grabbed. So there IS a cap. Did they lower this cap? Or is this a skill that already had a cap that was working as intended? This note is too vague without some testing. I assume people on PTS are testing it, and shit will come to light.

selis

Molten Core Raider
I like the AvA, some work could be used in terms of socialization and such. There is no presence as to who is doing what and no form to facilitate this. e.g. in DAOC there were "Alliances".

VR Ranks are not fun and since hitting VR1 I haven't left Cyrodiil. Sadly, I'm only gained 15% VR exp. Likely hood of subbing for more then a month (if even that) is getting lower.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For instance I play a DK, and use burning talons - when I make a pull with lots of little trash mobs, I can grab up 15+, but I notice that some don't get grabbed. So there IS a cap. Did they lower this cap? Or is this a skill that already had a cap that was working as intended? This note is too vague without some testing. I assume people on PTS are testing it, and shit will come to light.
They shouldn't have a cap period imo. Not having a cap gives you a shot for destroying zerg balls and promotes people spreading out. Is there some vocal group on the boards that were complaining about spells not having a cap or something? I don't get why you would break something that is working perfectly as a mechanic.

Caliane

I think alot of you have forgotten how retarded bright wizards and sorcs were in warhammer.

Aoe counters zergs yes. (I want more chain lighting skills. lets take some path of exile stuff. fork, aoe explosion on hit, chain, corpse explosion..)
And capping it is counter productive.

but AoE is quickly OP in mass pvp. As while it counters zergs, zergs can use it too.

The main flaw is probably a number of core design problems in how these pvp areas are designed from the ground up.
Doorways, stairwells, doors, keep lords, static trebs, static rams, flags. instead of
"winning" almost always requires entering, and often standing on top of a chokepoint.
This shit needs to be rethought entirely, instead of blindly copied over and over.

And there is a 50/50 chance that AoE will ignore walls/doors/height anyway. It was really bad in war. but even GW2 aoe through doors. Aoe the edge of walls, when direct attacks wouldnt work, etc.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ohh. I thought that's why he was brought onboard; DAoC experience. Why'd they bring him in then if not for his main 'area of expertise' in the industry?

I mean, it's the same reason SWTOR brought over that PvP lead from Warhammer. They thought he could bring something to the table lol.
Yeah they brought on Firor to helm the entire organization. Why on earth they thought he had any leadership abilities or could president this project is beyond me. He made horrible decisions on employees. Sage being the worst. Should have promoted Lambert after Zeb Cook was shit canned. That is probably his biggest mistake. But then they (ZM) go and hire Rich Vogel to lead up Battlecry so who knows what the fuck is going on with people making these types of decisions.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Pretty shitty decision. Rates right up there with actually releasing the game into the wild.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I think alot of you have forgotten how retarded bright wizards and sorcs were in warhammer.
I hadn't forgotten, but they weren't stupid because of the caps.

They were stupid because Mythic made one door that everyone got choked pointed at keeps.

It's just funny that two of the most expensive Western mmos ever made have ex-Warhammer or Mythic devs in charge of their PvP: SWTOR, TESO.

That's got to be a crime in some law book somewhere.