The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It was getting to be 1-2 bars at primetime for only one server, then the next day they must have changed the way population was ranked and a bunch of servers had a good population. Or the population that played them changed I dunno.

Blackwulf

N00b
It was getting to be 1-2 bars at primetime for only one server, then the next day they must have changed the way population was ranked and a bunch of servers had a good population. Or the population that played them changed I dunno.
Well, they fixed caltrops and mercenary guards, so a lot of people came back from Craglorn into pvp again. Most campaigns have something going on at primetime now, and there are a couple that are jam packed. They have plans to change things though:

Hi, everyone! Like Matt mentioned in his Road Ahead post, we're looking closely at PvP in Cyrodiil right now. We're actively working on reducing performance issues by optimizing Cyrodiil, and we're also undergoing efforts to improve the feel of combat, but that's not all we're thinking about. As the Campaigns progress, we've been gathering lots of data and reading your comments here, on social media, and on other sites. We have some ideas for changes we'd like to make, but we want to get your direct feedback. Here's a look at what we're thinking about.

First and foremost, we want to assure you that any Campaigns we close before their natural shutdown time will properly reward players based on their tier reward, alliance placement, and leaderboard status.

We want to make significant changes to the types and durations of Campaigns. To do this, we'd shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver. Here are the Campaign types and durations we're thinking about adding:

. Bow of Shadows: Veteran Rank only Campaign (five-day campaign)
. Blackwater Blade: Non-Veteran only Campaign (five-day campaign)
. Haderus: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
. Chillrend: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
. Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.

To go along with these new Campaigns, we'd like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout).

Let us know what you think of these changes!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. This is something they wanted to do I whole-heartedly agreed with. Different campaigns with different rulesets are great because it adds variety and acts as a test bed for the campaigns. You'll never be quite sure how each campaign will play out.

One of the reasons the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was so fun was because they constantly changed things up. You need that in these static PVP games or things get repetitious fast.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
that'd be so much more interesting especially if they coupled it with real rewards for owning fortresses.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I may have missed it, but have they extended the time required to take keeps for any of the campaigns? It bothered me from beta that it only took minutes to assault/capture a supposedly fortified structure; and I feel as though that was a major mechanical flaw.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They buffed the guards a ton, too much imo. I wanted them to double or quadrouple the strength of the walls but they went with guards.

Ideally for guards they get more powerful the closer the keep is to your home territory and weaker further away. So if you're Aldmeri and you cap Castle Black Boot the guards that spawn are boss-level guards. And if you cap Ft. Rayles the guards that spawn are push overs. This, in addition to events that would spawn if you were pushed to your spawn, would dramatically increase the neutralizing force in the map.

Blackwulf

N00b
They buffed the guards a ton, too much imo. I wanted them to double or quadrouple the strength of the walls but they went with guards.

Ideally for guards they get more powerful the closer the keep is to your home territory and weaker further away. So if you're Aldmeri and you cap Castle Black Boot the guards that spawn are boss-level guards. And if you cap Ft. Rayles the guards that spawn are push overs. This, in addition to events that would spawn if you were pushed to your spawn, would dramatically increase the neutralizing force in the map.
That's a cool idea, Tuco.

On another note, I think the doomsayers are a bit premature; I went to a low level zone to farm some mats, and it was fucking jammed with players. No way thus goes F2P before console release, and I think console sales will keep it going pretty long term.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Thats the great part about megaserver. No one will ever know if there are 500k people online or 3k. Well you know, other than not having lag.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Thats the great part about megaserver. No one will ever know if there are 500k people online or 3k. Well you know, other than not having lag.
Exactly.

"tons of players jammed in zones"probably is nothing more than an accurate copy of the town of Rock Ridge for all we know.

rrr_img_69463.jpg

I know one thing, I don't see very many people talking about ESO anymore anywhere. Not blogs, not trademags, very little chatter.

Blackwulf

N00b
That IS the great thing about the megaserver. Nothing snowballs the decline of an mmo like a ghost town server situation. You're absolutely right, though, 50% or so of the hard core have moved on or are waiting to see some updates. I think there are still droves of casuals quietly enjoying the game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This entire thread is now dead.

Like the game.

May as well move it to the graveyard.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This entire thread is now dead.

Like the game.

May as well move it to the graveyard.
For a dead game, I saw a lot of players in Coldharbour last night.

Last patch was a good one that fixed a lot of broken stuff.

One of the biggest complaints a lot of people had was with Weapon swap day. It is now noticeably faster.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think there are still droves of casuals quietly enjoying the game.
Since PRX closed shop on TESO I went back to the casual guild I joined back when I played SWTOR. We had over 100 members online last night during primetime. The hardcore PVPers in guilds like PRX have moved on but the casuals are still playing.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Megaservers will always make the game look populated. It's a really good thing for those who still want to play the game.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Megaservers will always make the game look populated. It's a really good thing for those who still want to play the game.
Fully agree. With the recent discussions about GW2, I patched that game up to check things out. I was in Malchors Leap, an endgame zone in Ruins of Orr. GW2 has megaservers now so when I logged in, there were roughly 20 players in the same area I was in doing an event. I hadn't played in over a year and the last time there were only a couple players there.