The Elder Scrolls Online

Blackwulf

N00b
TESO isn't just average when you play it from Europe, it's a genuinely awful dialup-like gaming experience designed by crooks and amateurs. If they've said there wouldn't be Eu located servers at launch, most Eu people would never have bought the game. It's a massive scam.
I heard their server in Germany is almost ready. It will surely be up in time for all the little euros to tweak out on with the console systems provided by the tech savvy nations of the earth.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I compare the troubles ZOS had with this game to Bioware with SWTOR: rookie MMO design mistakes.
Rookie design mistakes where a majority of the team has veteran MMORPG design status. (Which didn't help)

You should know better than to post something like that. Everyone in management should have all learned from previous mistakes with SOE-Austin or Mythic. They don't. And a lot of the design staff under that management had experience as well with shipped titles. It was a clusterfuck of management and top down development. Countdown until they announce canning the console versions.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Rookie design mistakes where a majority of the team has veteran MMORPG design status. (Which didn't help)

You should know better than to post something like that. Everyone in management should have all learned from previous mistakes with SOE-Austin or Mythic. They don't. And a lot of the design staff under that management had experience as well with shipped titles. It was a clusterfuck of management and top down development. Countdown until they announce canning the console versions.
I believe the console version of TESO only gets cancelled in your wildest wet dream.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I heard their server in Germany is almost ready. It will surely be up in time for all the little euros to tweak out on with the console systems provided by the tech savvy nations of the earth.
An european server? Wow, that was quick. That could turn it around for ESO:Saga of Heroes.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At its best ESO just made me want to play an elder scrolls game.
I remember playing Daggerfall back in the mid-90s and thinking "This would be really fun if it was online like Diablo".

At any rate I still enjoy ESO. I don't have time for any sort of serious MMO action anymore, but I do like the option of being able to engage with other people when playing an "RPG". I question the longevity of ESO, but for the time being I'll pay them a couple bucks a month for the entertainment I get out of the game. Honestly I would probably end up paying more if it went free to play just for the conveniences provided by the dollar.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Now, that could turn it around for ESO
Something like that would be more fun than the entire game together as a whole. Hell they should have just released something like that and called it a day
smile.png

The Elder Cells Online.

(Actually I wish that were real to an extent, that would be a fun sandbox game. I wouldn't be surprised if someone sees that parody and makes a game out of it.)

Gecko_sl

shitlord
At its best ESO just made me want to play an elder scrolls game.
It actually pushed me back to P99, since the grouping in it is far worse than EQ circa 2000. The maddening thing is the game really could have been excellent if they hadn't lumped so many bizarre design choices together. The world is beautiful and the lore is great. The game just isn't really fun or with enough focus on groups/teams for my tastes.

Dig the Tuco avatar. Now we just need a flame war with you and Arakkis.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It actually pushed me back to P99, since the grouping in it is far worse than EQ circa 2000. The game just isn't really fun or with enough focus on groups/teams for my tastes.
Did you run many private group dungeons? I've not played any MMO since EQ1 that had the grouping dynamic EQ1 had. It's still the best of any MMO I've ever played. Still can't figure out why some MMO hasn't copied the EQ1 model of tank, healer and crowd control. Mobs that flee at low health and aggro other mobs. Dead healers if your tank and CCer fail, etc etc.

Dungeons in vanilla/TBC Wow could be challenging but that game got dumbed down and dungeon runs turned into AOE zergfests. Every MMO since WoW seemed to copy WoWs easy mode dungeon design.

There are plenty of legit criticisms of TESO but the private group dungeons IMO are not one of them. They aren't as difficult as Wildstar's dungeons but they are a step back in the right direction towards EQ1's group dynamic model which in turn make the private group dungeons both challenging and fun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Something like that would be more fun than the entire game together as a whole. Hell they should have just released something like that and called it a day
smile.png

The Elder Cells Online.

(Actually I wish that were real to an extent, that would be a fun sandbox game. I wouldn't be surprised if someone sees that parody and makes a game out of it.)
This is what Spore should have been =(

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The one thing this game does far better than any other game in recent MMO history is to cause some people to display an irrational hatred towards it.
Actually, that would be:

1. WoW
2. SWTOR

Everyone hates WoW except those millions that are playing it and everyone hates TOR because it sucked at launch, dashed many dreams and because it not onlydidn'tcrash, but is still making lots of chips and won't die.

People just mostly laugh at ESO.. no one really hates it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People just mostly laugh at ESO.. no one really hates it.
And don't forget to fill out your surveys that are now being deployed as everyone quits. They are even telling the people that quit to make sure they send ZO their friends email addresses so they can send them a survey too.

Course, we all know how well customer feedback was listened too for the last 6 months.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I haven't been following this for the last 6 months because I couldn't see the game (or the arguments over it) really changing at all during that time. So all I really want to know is, what were the ESO sales like after all?

Oh and Utnayan, you're on the hook for a 1 month avatar bet with Blackwulf saying that week one of ESO sales will be higher than 2 mill.

Blackwulf

N00b
I haven't been following this for the last 6 months because I couldn't see the game (or the arguments over it) really changing at all during that time. So all I really want to know is, what were the ESO sales like after all?
Probably like 5 million in sales, easy.
wink.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was going to suggest making it a ban bet as I haven't seen any numbers yet and you sound awfully confident.

5 million you say?

Blackwulf

N00b
I was going to suggest making it a ban bet as I haven't seen any numbers yet and you sound awfully confident.

5 million you say?
Aaaaand a swing and a miss! Don't kid yourself, they won't release #s until they have something awesome to say. Sometime after console release they'll make some kind of total sales brag.