The Elder Scrolls Online

Nija

<Silver Donator>
12 is a good number. Once you hit double digits it's too hard to plan and too annoying to play.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Strategically, it'd be smart if they bundled the console releases with a discount for PC players and a small expansion with new content. I'd buy this for the PS4, especially if they lower the sub costs to a reasonable rate or do a 'season pass' type of format.
It was my understanding that you would be able to continue playing on consoles once it was released for them without having to buy the game again, if you bought it on the PC? They stated something to that effect when they realized the console release was simply not going to happen this year.

(Also why I bought a collectors edition for $20 at the bargain bin
smile.png
)

Blackwulf

N00b
It was my understanding that you would be able to continue playing on consoles once it was released for them without having to buy the game again, if you bought it on the PC? They stated something to that effect when they realized the console release was simply not going to happen this year.

(Also why I bought a collectors edition for $20 at the bargain bin
smile.png
)
I think you're right. The latest I heard is that the consoles will mirror PC accounts if you have PC - so you'll be able to play the same character, etc.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I was wrong, there is a special deal thingy:

"Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don't have to pay full price for the game twice. For 14.99 EUR/12.99 GBP/ 20.00 AUS, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time. "

Elder Scrolls Online

(I hope I get to transfer my CE stuff too for the 14.99 EUR :p )

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Just resub, a lot bugs are fixed so thats good. the world aren't as empty as i thought. Even low level zone has ppl running around.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got this in the mail. Was like $20 from Amazon (disc only). Any classes needed or is it pretty spread out?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Never thought it was a bad game, and I was fortunate that I did not run into any serious bugs (but then I played a month or two after release). The thing that made me stop playing was mostly that once you finished the story, there was very little incentive to start all over again in another faction since you knew what the ending would be and their hero/champion/whatever levels made me remeber the hell-levels in EQ like a good thing compared to this.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Well, I finished Coldhabor at launch, then lost motivation to grind/quest VR/other two factions, and the RvR wasn't that impressive even compared to GW2. So I stopped playing. Let's see how this time goes.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Apparently the newest patch 1.5.3 screw up the VR exp requirement (from 1.5m to 4m), I guess I am not playing it till they fix it some time this week as they claim. This is embarrassing.

Blackwulf

N00b
Apparently the newest patch 1.5.3 screw up the VR exp requirement (from 1.5m to 4m), I guess I am not playing it till they fix it some time this week as they claim. This is embarrassing.
LOL, those knuckleheads.

Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue where you are unable to level up to a higher Veteran Rank even though you are continuing to gain XP. We are working on a fix for this as quickly as possible, but please be aware that you are not losing any XP by playing in the interim. Once we roll out the fix, all you'll need to do is earn one point of XP (by killing a monster or discovering a town) and you'll rank up to the correct Veteran Rank and receive skill points owed to you.

Also, we have heard your concerns about the overall amount of time it takes to earn Veteran Ranks, and are planning to reduce the amount of XP required to earn a Veteran Rank to 1,000,000 XP from 1,432,550 XP, decreasing the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank by a third. We're aiming to have this available to you in our next patch

Blackwulf

N00b
Some details on the first phase of the Justice System came out of the ESO Live broadcast yesterday (stolen from some guy on the official forums):

-NPC AI has been upgraded and they will now perform activites such as sleeping, cleaning and taking walks among many other activities. An NPC could be sleeping in their home one moment and the next moment they could wake up and take a walk around town, go to the tavern, or go fishing in the nearest body of water.

-In addition to your bounty, you will now have a Heat meter. Heat measures how much you're wanted, and it works alot like Just Cause 2 in the fact that guards will come running after you, the amount of guards and bounty cost getting bigger every level of heat, and if you manage to hide your heat meter will cool off. Guards will kill you on sight above a certain level of heat. If lower, they will stop you and attempt to arrest you.

-There will not be jails in the first phase of the Justice System in Update 6, although they are talking about adding it for Phase 2.

-Cities will have hidden Outlaw hideouts where fences are located, as well as safe havens from guards.

-You will have a fame and infamy level, which determines NPC's reactions towards you. For example, a high infamy may cause vendors to set higher prices for their goods or even not sell to you at all, although you can still steal their goods. A high fame meter affects positive NPC behaviour, and having higher fame may get you lower prices at vendors. Infamy is increased by criminal activities e.g pickpocketing, murder, while fame is increased by acts such as stopping criminals as an enforcer, or completing quests.

-Killing livestock will count as murder.

-Animals cannot witness crimes.

-If you kill everyone that witnesses your crime, your bounty and heat meter will be cleared.

-A list of all known crimes is: Murder, Theft, Assault, Pickpocketing, turning into Werewolf Form, being a Stage 4 Vampire, feeding on people as a Vampire, breaking into houses, trespassing, and aiming weapons at people.

-Enforcers vs. Outlaws is a prominent part of the system, with PvE activites for both sides having a big role.

-You can become a guard in PvE and catch criminals. This will also increase your fame.

-There will be skill lines that revolve around the Justice System.

-The time of day may play a role in the system, and affects when shops are open and NPCs are sleeping in houses.

-All houses now have locks on them, and you need to use lockpicking to get in. Make sure you aren't spotted or guards will come running after you.
Houses now have some extra goodies inside, such as safes and lockboxes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Justice system sounds cool. Gives a taste of where they should've directed the game from the start: player freedom. TESO is one of the least free MMOs ever made and it's built on the back of one of the most free RPGs ever made.