The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Go read their blog.
That would give them a web hit. Which would be like waving a cherry lollipop in front of a kid that just burned down a shed to give them hope they aren't going to be grounded for 5 years.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I heard they change the Champion system a bit, anyone care to explain?
It's similar to Diablo 3's paragon system and EQ1's AA system. Champion point accrual is account-wide so therefore alt friendly. AFAIK the only known info about it is that the CP trees are tied into the TES constellation lore. So there is a CP tree for The Warrior, Thief, Atronach and so on. Within each constellation tree are enhancements to multiple aspects of the game (tanking, DPS, healing, crafting, mount speed, etc). In other words, if you are a tank, you won't have to spend all your points in The Warrior tree. There will be tanking enhancements in multiple trees.

Aside from that, the only concrete info is that you start out with 5 CPs per veteran rank you have acquired across all characters up to a cap of 70.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Good info Resco, I don't care if it makes you look like you work at ZOS like the others seem to think.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good info Resco, I don't care if it makes you look like you work at ZOS like the others seem to think.
I do not think anyone cares any more. The game is dead. I give credit to Rescorla for still following it.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It's similar to Diablo 3's paragon system and EQ1's AA system. Champion point accrual is account-wide so therefore alt friendly. AFAIK the only known info about it is that the CP trees are tied into the TES constellation lore. So there is a CP tree for The Warrior, Thief, Atronach and so on. Within each constellation tree are enhancements to multiple aspects of the game (tanking, DPS, healing, crafting, mount speed, etc). In other words, if you are a tank, you won't have to spend all your points in The Warrior tree. There will be tanking enhancements in multiple trees.

Aside from that, the only concrete info is that you start out with 5 CPs per veteran rank you have acquired across all characters up to a cap of 70.
Cool, thanks.

One more, If you are capped VR14, do you get any advantures in Champion system?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cool, thanks.

One more, If you are capped VR14, do you get any advantures in Champion system?
The advantage of having at least one VR 14 character is that when 1.6 goes live you start off with 70 CPs (14 x 5 CP per level). The cap is 70 so if you have multiple VR14s, you only get 70 CPs.

If you don't have a VR14, you can still start off with 70 CPs if you have multiple characters whose sum of VR ranks equals at least 14.

If you don't have a VR14 or the sum of all your veteran rank characters does not add up to 14, you will start off with 5 CPs per VR. If you don't have any veteran rank characters then you won't get any CPs.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So wait, if you're already vr14 then literally you get 1.6 implementations without even having to play more of the game?

That's not like AA's at all my man.

Blackwulf

N00b
So wait, if you're already vr14 then literally you get 1.6 implementations without even having to play more of the game?

Lol no. You get 70 points out of like 3600. To start.

I'm betting it goes B2P. It just makes too much sense with the console release.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

I don't know what the final total is but I think there will be something like 3000 total points you can spend CPs on. The 70 CPs for players with a VR 14 is just compensation for stuff you have already done.

Blackwulf

N00b
How much exp per CP then?
For the initial payout to vet players they said that you'd get 1 CP for every 200k xp. That's how you get to 70 at V14. They made very clear that this 200k for each CP was NOT how much it would take to earn them when 1.6 goes live, but they haven't said how much you will need. Guess we'll find out when it hits the PTS. Maybe next week?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Gief console version plix.

Getting really bored with Bungies constant screw-ups in Destiny, and need another MMOish game to play from the sofa
smile.png

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Elder Scrolls Online News - Tamriel Goes Unlimited on St. Patrick?s Day
In addition, Bethesda will offer ESO Plus to players who wish to pay a single monthly charge for a premium membership service, providing exclusive in-game bonuses, a monthly allotment of crowns to use in the store and access to all DLC game packs while a member.
PC/Mac players with active subscriptions on March 17 will be automatically enrolled into ESO Plus and begin enjoying its membership privileges.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Elder Scrolls Online News - Tamriel Goes Unlimited on St. Patrick's Day
In addition, Bethesda will offer ESO Plus to players who wish to pay a single monthly charge for a premium membership service, providing exclusive in-game bonuses, a monthly allotment of crowns to use in the store and access to all DLC game packs while a member.
PC/Mac players with active subscriptions on March 17 will be automatically enrolled into ESO Plus and begin enjoying its membership privileges.
I'll be curious to see if they slash XP for non Plus members similar to how they did it to SWTOR forcing you to sub if you want any chance of advancing within the game. Especially when they mention "convenience" items for sale on the PS Store, not just cosmetic. Gee. Why don't I trust them.