The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That is why I am curious to what Utnayan's super secret inside source has to say. Nameplates is obviously a major issue but after reading the PRX thread I would like Tuco to provide some clarification. Nowhere in that thread did it say Wheeler was overruled by Sage or Firor on nameplates in Cyrodil (I.e. Wheeler wants to allow them but is not being allowed to). That is just a conclusion some people here jumped to. I won't post what was actually said in the thread since Tuco said not to share it publicly.
Oops. Here we are my little weasel.

Gavel slammed. Bitch.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ummm, it was common knowledge during closed beta that Paul Sage was behind the decision to disable nameplates, which were already in the game and working just fine. Had you actually been in the closed beta with access to the forums, you would have known there was a very sizable contingent of beta testers who were hardcore TES single player fans but not MMO players. Their argument was that since there were no nameplates in Skyrim, TESO didn't need them either. I think I'm on record in numerous posts over the past 18 months stating how stupid a decision I thought it was.
Im laughing. God are you hopeless.

Your record is the quote above this post.

Talk your way out of this one spinster.

Blackwulf

N00b
I don't often agree with Utnayan, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Sage was the cockblocker when it came to nameplates. He gets canned, and we get Rich Lambert (who has, according to the dev tracker, had an exponentially larger presence among the community than Sage ever did), and now we are getting nameplates. Seems like simple math to me.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You are so full of shit. You never acknowledged that Paul Sage was behind the decision, and in closed door meetings it had nothing to do with skyrim, it was WoW. "WoW has nameplates and we need to distinguish away from WoW"

Give it up buttercup. Don't make me go back for the last 18 months through this thread.
I understand you are getting scared that people are having fun playing this game and it's about to get even more fun and successful once Imp City launches. At some point though you really need to stop making shit up because it only makes you look the fool. My stance on the nameplate fiasco is well documented in this thread. You are more than welcome to spend your entire weekend digging thru this thread and finding where I supported the removal of nameplates or defended Sage for the decision.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I don't often agree with Utnayan, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Sage was the cockblocker when it came to nameplates. He gets canned, and we get Rich Lambert (who has, according to the dev tracker, had an exponentially larger presence among the community than Sage ever did), and now we are getting nameplates. Seems like simple math to me.
It was common knowledge Sage was behind the decision. Utnayan just has his panties in a wad right now because people are having fun with this game and is reaching for something to try and put me on the defensive. You can go back to page 637 of this thread and see the start of the discussion that Utnayan is trying to twist. It involves a meeting with Brian Wheeler that some members of PRX had to discuss how to improve PVP.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It was common knowledge Sage was behind the decision. Utnayan just has his panties in a wad right now because people are having fun with this game and is reaching for something to try and put me on the defensive. You can go back to page 637 of this thread and see the start of the discussion that Utnayan is trying to twist. It involves a meeting with Brian Wheeler that some members of PRX had to discuss how to improve PVP.
Oh what a crock of shit. You wanted me to prove to you I had insider information and Sage was behind the nameplate decision, you then, in the quote from May 2014, wanted to know how everyone was jumping to conclusions by assuming it was Sage that was behind that decision, to come here a year and a half later and NOW say it was common knowledge in closed beta that Sage was behind that decision.

You are the epitome of John Nash.

Wait just a minute. Are you Qwerty?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never got any insight as to who made what decisions about nameplates. When I brought it up and told them how devastating of a decision it was for communities they had nothing to say.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm happy to see this game getting some much needed love. The changes make it tempting to come back, and I have a handful of people wanting me to play with them. May have to fire this back up and tool around, though I'm debating doing so on the console as opposed to pc, it seems like it'd be more fun on the couch with a controller.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nameplates or not their PvP (AvA) is still pretty bad. Guild Wars 2, even with its inherent flaws (grouping, UI), does RvR way better, with server pride and warfare buildup rather than hitting the next castle ad nauseam.

EDIT : if after 725 pages you still wanna try TESO for the first time, be warned : the game has interesting perks and is in better shape than ever but its endgame is beyond mediocre when compared to nowadays MMO standards. Both WoW / Final Fantasy XIV have better endgame group PvE, and GW2 offers more fun stuff regarding RvR (TESO's AvA).

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Is soloing viable on console (xbone)? If so what classes are best at solo game play.
You can solo all the way to level cap on either platform playing any class. All of the weapon skills are available to every class so you can slot the weapons that better support soloing like Resto staff for heals and dual wield or destro staff for AOE.

World bosses, dolmens, public and private dungeons are all group content but can be solved if you are a couple levels higher than the content.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is soloing viable on console (xbone)? If so what classes are best at solo game play.
You will go insane playing this game solo and going through the "content". My advice if you are going to play is to level up to 10 and start PvP with friends as soon as possible in small group type stuff while in party chat. Drunk PvP is advisable.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You will go insane playing this game solo and going through the "content". My advice if you are going to play is to level up to 10 and start PvP with friends as soon as possible in small group type stuff while in party chat. Drunk PvP is advisable.
Sound advice

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Actually that is probably about the dumbest advice anyone could give. Utnayan has never actually PVPed in this game so best to ignore him. The reason why it's stupid advice is because if you do as he recommends you will constantly get the shit kicked out of you in pretty much every PVP encounter. Levelling up in PVE is significantly faster plus you need to go thru all the PVE zones to acquire more skill points via Skyshards.

New players are also at a major competitive disadvantage in PVP due to the champion point system. You don't start acquiring those until you are veteran level. There are non-vet PVP campaigns for levels 10-49 however you will be going up against long time players on their low level alts with a few hundred champion points. That puts you in a more competitive disadvantage.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Actually that is probably about the dumbest advice anyone could give. Utnayan has never actually PVPed in this game so best to ignore him. The reason why it's stupid advice is because if you do as he recommends you will constantly get the shit kicked out of you in pretty much every PVP encounter. Levelling up in PVE is significantly faster plus you need to go thru all the PVE zones to acquire more skill points via Skyshards.

New players are also at a major competitive disadvantage in PVP due to the champion point system. You don't start acquiring those until you are veteran level. There are non-vet PVP campaigns for levels 10-49 however you will be going up against long time players on their low level alts with a few hundred champion points. That puts you in a more competitive disadvantage.
You can do just fine in a non veteran campaign as a level 10.

You will kill yourself going through the PvE content wondering how any sane person that made it isn't locked away in a mental home.

Do not listen to our resident shill who has already been busted backtracking numerous times on even the most simpliest of issues such as nameplates while trying to protect Paul Sage, who is now working for a known con artist.

You can have the last word Rescorla!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You can do just fine in a non veteran campaign as a level 10.

You will kill yourself going through the PvE content wondering how any sane person that made it isn't locked away in a mental home.

Do not listen to our resident shill who has already been busted backtracking numerous times on even the most simpliest of issues such as nameplates while trying to protect Paul Sage, who is now working for a known con artist.

You can have the last word Rescorla!
OK thanks for the last word.

You're a complete idiot if you think you will do fine in Cyrodil as a level 10. If you had actually ever played the game and tried PVPing as a low level you would know how stupid your suggestion was, especially post 1.6 with the champion point system.

My guess is you know it's stupid advice but you hope he is stupid enough to believe you so he actually tries it, gets his ass kicked, and quits the game out of frustration.

BTW the fact you have to blatantly lie about the nameplates issue tells me you have some serious issues going on. Anyone here who actually believes your version of events on that has even more issues than you do.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Unless you're a diehard Elder Scrolls fan and you don't care about what's actually going on, there's no interest playing TESO's AvA PvP at all. If you care about "server" pride and RvR / tri-faction PvP, check Guild Wars 2. It's RvR (WvW) community, while lacking essential tools like raid parties and actual nameplates, is way better in any other way. I was a VR10 heal centered Templar during TESO release and gave the game another shot 3 months ago with VR6 stealth archer Nightblade. It's PvP is just very bad. TESO isn't awful but nowadays there's a lot of MMOs out there offering way better content in both PvE or PvP quality wise.