The Elder Scrolls Online

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I disagree with the pvp comment. IMO Pvp on Pts is in the right direction. There are a few bugs that need to be fixed, but that will happen. The biggest issue this game has is Cp. They need to lock that shit down in pvp.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I disagree with the pvp comment. IMO Pvp on Pts is in the right direction. There are a few bugs that need to be fixed, but that will happen. The biggest issue this game has is Cp. They need to lock that shit down in pvp.
I can see both sides of the argument for champion points in PVP. Someone who plays the game more than me and accumulates more CPs than me should get a benefit for that. On the other hand, if you are facing someone with a few hundred more CPs than you then you are pretty much screwed. A lot of people have suggested having CP "seasons" lasting a month or two and capping the number of CPs you can accumulate during that timespan. Once you reach the cap, you don't gain any more CPs until the next season starts.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Finally got to play around in IC with a guild group last night. Was pretty much nonstop action in the district I was in. Still a lot of tweaks/bug fixes that need to be done because some people have figured how to become pretty much invincible. Guild group of 8 was beating on one solo DK and we could not kill him.

I went in with my alt sorcerer who is only VR3 and the bolstering to VR16 appears to be working well. Best part of the night is that there was no lag at all. I don't see myself doing any PVP in Cyrodil anymore unless my faction needs to retake some keeps to regain access back into IC.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
If you waited like... 15 seconds it would have fully loaded
I had to quote this, as it was hilarious to read. In 2015, you are saying we need to wait 15 seconds for character models to appear in a supposed AAA online game?

Ok then.

Brad2770

Quick question- I'm currently researching items that will take another 7 days, but I want to redo my skills. If I reset my skill points, will I lose the items I am researching and the trait I'm trying to research?

Blackwulf

N00b
Quick question- I'm currently researching items that will take another 7 days, but I want to redo my skills. If I reset my skill points, will I lose the items I am researching and the trait I'm trying to research?
You are safe to redo skills; your research won't be affected.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I spent about 15-20 minutes last night testing your three factors for weighty/meaty combat criteria. The only conclusion I can come up with is that you are making shit up again.

User interface response times. There is zero delay when you press a key and the animation firing off. This is just a Learn To Play issue on your part. You can't sit there and spam press keys as fast as possible. The animation of the first ability has to finish before you press another one. That is how the game is designed to work. With that said, since there is no GCD and some abilities like Block have higher priorities than regular abilities, that becomes a moot point once you learn all the nuances of animation canceling. A skilled player can fire off abilities at an extremely fast rate if they know how to take advantage of animation cancelliNg.

Sound splatter: There is no blood splatter in TESO but in regards to sounds all those things you say should be occurring are indeed occurring with no delay. Not once did an expected combat sound fail to play.

Inherent lag....Impact deficency: No idea what your complaint is here. When the game is suffering from real lag (high ping rates) then sure there is a noticeable delay between using your abilities and it registering on the mob you are attacking. When there is no lag its instant. If the game is truly doing what you are complaining about even when there is no lag, then whatever it is isn't significant enough for me to notice it.
It's a ridiculous statement. Even the universally praised Witcher 3 suffered from load in issues. People just like being buttmad about ESO because it's fashionable to do so.
Welcome to the club. Someone buttmad about ESO negged me for the post of mine I quoted. I guess some people don't like it when I point out Utnayan is making up shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welcome to the club. Someone buttmad about ESO negged me for the post of mine I quoted. I guess some people don't like it when I point out Utnayan is making up shit.
Quaid is a good dude. You, however, are the epitome of a sham poster. People neg you here because you're a fargin ice hole and full of shit. Go back to Sweden Maroni.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Whoa whoa lets not go crazy here. I still think the combat criticisms Utnayan, myself, and many others have pointed out stand.

I'm having a decent enough time for a console mmo experience. Much of the criticism I'm seeing is unwarranted, but that doesn't mean I don't have complaints about the game... Ones that are largely in line with Ut's.

Speaking of floaty unresponsive combat, a boss in Wayrest Sewers was hitting me with heavy melee range attacks from 10m+ away last night. Couldn't even dodge to avoid it. It was infuriating. Now I'm noticing it happening all over the place with heavy attacks, even in PVP. The animations just don't match the hits themselves. Feels super sloppy.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Whoa whoa lets not go crazy here. I still think the combat criticisms Utnayan, myself, and many others have pointed out stand.

I'm having a decent enough time for a console mmo experience. Much of the criticism I'm seeing is unwarranted, but that doesn't mean I don't have complaints about the game... Ones that are largely in line with Ut's.

Speaking of floaty unresponsive combat, a boss in Wayrest Sewers was hitting me with heavy melee range attacks from 10m+ away last night. Couldn't even dodge to avoid it. It was infuriating. Now I'm noticing it happening all over the place with heavy attacks, even in PVP. The animations just don't match the hits themselves. Feels super sloppy.
What you are describing in Wayrest Sewers sounds like typical lag.

Since you actually play the game I won't argue with what you said. It's fairly obvious by now the gameplay experience on the PC compared to the consoles is different. Like I pointed out earlier, which apparently upset a few people, all of the things Utnayan claims need to be present to have quality "meaty/weighty" combat are indeed present in the PC version. Let's see how many people will get buttmad over that.