The Elder Scrolls Online

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
The biggest problem I have with this game is that everything seems so repetitive. Most PvE contents (dungeons, quests, raids etc,) play out the same way every time.

I put decent amount of time into this game, but If you ask me to recall something memorable, there are none. There are no epic quest or different type of quest like EQ2; there are no epic dungeon crawl like EQ/Vanguard; Zone designs are very mediocre almost copy-paste every single time compared to EQ/EQ2/Vanguard; boss encounters are no way near as interesting as RIFT/Wildstar.

Art works are beautiful tho.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
The biggest problem I have with this game is that everything seems so repetitive. Most PvE contents (dungeons, quests, raids etc,) play out the same way every time.

I put decent amount of time into this game, but If you ask me to recall something memorable, there are none. There are no epic quest or different type of quest like EQ2; there are no epic dungeon crawl like EQ/Vanguard; Zone designs are very mediocre almost copy-paste every single time compared to EQ/EQ2/Vanguard; boss encounters are no way near as interesting as RIFT/Wildstar.

Art works are beautiful tho.
I was going to say the art work and graphics in the game were amazing. Agreed the game was sorta the same everywhere you went but everything looked amazing

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
IT's pretty easy to avoid load screens. If you're in a party, first check to see if any party members appear invisible. If they do, move out of distance until they render.

If you have one party member that remains invis, or someone else new joins and they appear as invis to anyone within the party. Bing bing, loading screen.

No idea how this works if you're single :)

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I still can't pull the trigger on this. I've wanted to, but haven't. I guess having 3000+ hours of games on Steam that I haven't played doesn't help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
picked this up for 13 dollars on cdkeys.com, morrowind and main game only no DLC. Morrowind story is pretty fun and a nice break from the wow grind.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
A sub gets you access to all of the DLC. Also makes crafting less of a pain in the dick.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
picked this up for 13 dollars on cdkeys.com, morrowind and main game only no DLC. Morrowind story is pretty fun and a nice break from the wow grind.

Have you bought keys from them before? Also was it a steam key?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah i have bought keys from them lots of times, dark souls 3 before that and ds3 dlc. Not sure but it worked on eso website.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive bought from them before too. I forgot which game it was, but the serial key I got from them was a straight picture of a copy of another copy of a fedex looking label that was the serial key. The site looks gimmicky and the receipt with that key looked shady - but at the end of the day, the key worked and I was impressed at how little I spent.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought the base game on steam for 9 euro and I'm checking it out, I want to explore the world and follow the story if there is a main one, nothing else, the environments and the music are good, the rest I don't care much, it'll pay itself in a few hours anyway and so far it's fun enough.

If I want to reset my stats and skill points allocation, where do I go? How much does it cost?I ask because I like to experiment, but I don't want to be fucked up 100% if I can't semi easily respec.

EDIT: will there ever be a TES6 single player?

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I bought the game on Steam. I wish I would have bought it direct. Their Steam implementation is so fucking horrific it defies description.. Every time they do a content patch, Steam tries to download 44GB of shit, and corrupts a ton of files, which causes their own launcher/patcher to download 44GB of shit.. Then after playing for roughly 60 hours, I try to login, and the game crashes the instant I press "Play".. Complete fuckery.

Visually the game is beautiful.. Game play though annoys me at times.. the ever-scaling content prevents you from ever feeling powerful.. I get why they did it, but it just makes the content painful at times..

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I hate to say this, but this gorgeous game feels so repetitive, from look, story, quest, dungeon to combat. I ended up quitting it the 3rd time, for good this round.

Guild Wars 2 on the other hand feels so much more engaging and interesting on almost every aspect of the game.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brother plays a ton of TESO and GW2. He likes TESO because for him it's like playing the single player games which he has done multiple times.

TESO went for the single player customers who lived in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and don't have much experience with mmos. And it seems to work for them.

TESO is kind of like the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings mmos. A huge portion of their player base are there because they love the universe and lore. And many of them don't care about other mmos.

Ark

Trakanon Raider
I bought the game on Steam. I wish I would have bought it direct. Their Steam implementation is so fucking horrific it defies description.. Every time they do a content patch, Steam tries to download 44GB of shit, and corrupts a ton of files, which causes their own launcher/patcher to download 44GB of shit.. Then after playing for roughly 60 hours, I try to login, and the game crashes the instant I press "Play".. Complete fuckery.

Visually the game is beautiful.. Game play though annoys me at times.. the ever-scaling content prevents you from ever feeling powerful.. I get why they did it, but it just makes the content painful at times..
You can go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/account and download the game there. The purchase doesn't get locked to steam in anyway like FFXIV or some other games.

Did Morrowind make this game less bad? I kinda had some fun until I reached the end game and then the dungeons had too long queues, and the raids were super shit and dumb and easy.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I picked this up on PS4 during the black friday sale they had. My original score for the PC game was probably a 3 out of 10, but I'd say it's a 6 or 7 sitting on a couch with a controller. The Morrowind expansion hits the super nostalgia vein as well.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ps4, ouch. I cant imagine playing it on ESO without addons and a remote. Wayy better on PC, just the tamrieltradecentre addon that makes note of each guild trader's inventory and makes a "centrla auction house" at tamrieltradecentre.com is worth the PC, cause you aint got that on PS4 i'm sure since no addons.

also on ps4, you have to pay the sony online fee then "if" you subscribe to ESO you pay the monthly for that?