The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ps4, ouch. I cant imagine playing it on ESO without addons and a remote. Wayy better on PC, just the tamrieltradecentre addon that makes note of each guild trader's inventory and makes a "centrla auction house" at tamrieltradecentre.com is worth the PC, cause you aint got that on PS4 i'm sure since no addons.

also on ps4, you have to pay the sony online fee then "if" you subscribe to ESO you pay the monthly for that?

Played a little on my PS4. Very little because the game sucks. The 4k/HDR looked good though on my 65" OLED. Playing MMO's on a couch with a controller (Whether it is this or FF14) is a hell of a lot better (At least solo casual play) then a PC.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone actually playing this on PC (NA)? I bought it on a whim at $10 and liked it enough to grab Morrowind too. It's certainly come a long way since the beta.

• 1Barf

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Anyone actually playing this on PC (NA)? I bought it on a whim at $10 and liked it enough to grab Morrowind too. It's certainly come a long way since the beta.
I'm incredibly addicted to it at the moment, to the point where I've been playing it for almost my entire holiday break and have burned out a little bit. If you haven't already, make sure you do the first holiday quest, which gives a reusable 2-hour 100% EXP bonus for your character. I can port you to the area the quest turn-in is at if you want a taxi, my username is @ItsEndymion.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Like an idiot I bought the Morrowind expansion on sale for PS4 with everyone saying the story was fantastic. Lasted all of about three hours and was bored to tears again. Everything just seems cheap :(

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm incredibly addicted to it at the moment, to the point where I've been playing it for almost my entire holiday break and have burned out a little bit. If you haven't already, make sure you do the first holiday quest, which gives a reusable 2-hour 100% EXP bonus for your character. I can port you to the area the quest turn-in is at if you want a taxi, my username is @ItsEndymion.
Got that taken care of, but thanks. I'm currently playing a templar around level 36 or so. Not sure if I'll try to get to CP160 while the event lasts or use the bonus xp to level up a sorc fast too.

Like an idiot I bought the Morrowind expansion on sale for PS4 with everyone saying the story was fantastic. Lasted all of about three hours and was bored to tears again. Everything just seems cheap :(
I can't imagine playing it on a console. Like every other Bethesda game it's completely unplayable without mods imo. You don't need 150+ to fix it like TES/Fallout but there's a good dozen or so that I'd have already quit without.

Not sure what you mean by cheap, the only real complaint I have about it is that I'm really not down with the idea of weapon swapping. I might have to give it a shot playing with my DS4, because I can't follow a rotation for shit using m/k. I never used anything but gamepad to play FFXIV either, so it wouldn't be that weird I guess.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, I think it’s the world building, the graphical outlay, the poor animations, etc. I like what they did with the go anywhere level design, but the stories are really nothing and there doesn’t seem, at least to Le, be any carrots to care about what so ever. There is zero achievement, and the entire world seems deader than a door nail. I keep firing it up eveer once and a while because it’s free to play but I definitely wouldnt have it on my PS4 if it required a sub.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Perhaps PS4 servers have less players? I don't know for sure, but the PC servers seem to be pretty full. But I don't play that much, so maybe that's just the areas I've been in so far.

I occasionally log in to this game because a good friend of mine loves it. Probably because it reminds him of the single player games, except with other players. He hasn't played many other mmo's, neither has a lot of people in his guild. There seem to be a ton of players like them so the game is successful from that stand point. And it apparently makes a lot of money.

TESO doesn't seem that bad to me. It's not great, but it's passable. There are much worse mmo's out there.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I gave it a fair shake over the last weekend and the story DID get a lot better for Morrowind after a certain part and the first twist. I haven't been able to log in again yet to check it out because I am knee deep in Xenoblade 2, but I'll probably keep going to see more of the story anyway.

Hatorade you playing on PC or PS4?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

If you like a rich world with stellar amazing graphics and a great singleplayer immersive experience you will like TESO. It excels on that front in delivering the Skyrim/quasi-Oblivion immersive questline experience.

Its never really been about the MMO, and I never considered TESO much of an MMO, and therefore I never played TESO as an MMO. I had often criticized other people coming from WoW, EQ, and so forth for attempting to play TESO as an MMO and then getting upset when it fell short in feeding their desire to min-max and WoW powergame grind. It just simply isn't an MMO and if you rush into that aspect of the game, the grouping, the "raiding" and that is your thing, you will be sorely disappointed. TESO has always been about living and breathing the world in and focusing on your own experience. Morrowind is no different I'd guess on that front-- more stories, more questlines, more singleplayer fun.

In that sense, TESO is unique in the MMO space-- offering a rich lush singe-player RPG experience while trying to pass itself off as Massively Multiplayer.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw this on sale, so its perked my interest again. Honestly, something about the first 10 levels of the game I experienced just seemed really... blah. I dont know if I was just not in the mood for an MMO and was forcing myself to play. Or the first 10 levels really do f'n suck. Mixture of both? lol Either way, Im going to pick it up and see if I can grit through it. Ive heard it gets a lot better, but I always hear it from people that dont necessarily like the same shit I do.

Hatorade Hatorade Your thoughts on it since you just started? On a separate note, is there a guild where most forum members have gathered? or Have all of you just kind of went your own ways?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You're returning to a game you fundamentally don't like. Very cool!

Keep us posted.

I have no idea how you think this is a rich world with stellar and amazing graphics. Can you elaborate here? The original morrowind and oblivion look better than this game for starters, and it carries nothing over from the exploration of those games from what I would consider a rich world.

Also people come back to games to give them second, third, fourth chances all the time if they already own them and time has passed and maybe they improved.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea how you think this is a rich world with stellar and amazing graphics. Can you elaborate here? The original morrowind and oblivion look better than this game for starters, and it carries nothing over from the exploration of those games from what I would consider a rich world.

Also people come back to games to give them second, third, fourth chances all the time if they already own them and time has passed and maybe they improved.

Man, let him like his game. Who fucking cares.

At this point the pluses and minuses of this game have been hashed out, talked about in slides, in youtube videos, protested..ect.

If people are still playing this game and enjoying it, it is more akin to people liking "Second Life" and making arguments for that game. The person listening isn't going to play and the person talking isn't going to quit.

• 1Picard

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I dig it so far, I read up on a good build so I can see what I an working towards and has potential for being more fun as I level.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man, let him like his game. Who fucking cares.

At this point the pluses and minuses of this game have been hashed out, talked about in slides, in youtube videos, protested..ect.

If people are still playing this game and enjoying it, it is more akin to people liking "Second Life" and making arguments for that game. The person listening isn't going to play and the person talking isn't going to quit.

Sorry for trying to understand his reasoning on a message forum about games. I want to hear his explanation because of his wording. Has nothing to do with not wishing people like their game.

• 1Worf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I quit after the expansion came out but I did read they allow you to change traits on items, so I can see ESO being better. I got super burnt out making 10 crafters and trying to rank on VMA boards with my pet/necro sorc. The game was fun but damn felt like a job when you're doing 10 crafter dailies everyday, it was decent money but work cause I was also doing all their research which meant having to create items and transfer them over every random interval of time (due to 10 chars finishing research at different times of the day).

In the end seemed like motifs made more of a difference than research, had access to a friends char with all traits researched but he had low motifs and I got better writs than he did with 75% of the traits done. Warden was a fun char, I made a tank warden, a pvp destro warden and was finishing up an ice pve destro warden towards the end of my burnout.

Also battlegrounds, I had a sick destroblade but the proc sets were just ruining battlegrounds which also burned me out.

If I can say anything about ESO its the guilds that make it better. Find two trading guilds that have traders in craglorn, best traffic for selling items, you can even overprice and still sell. Use tamriel trade centre for searching your items, generally the most recent searched items are bought out. Sometimes you can find good deals before they show up on tamriel too. I had two decent raiding guilds that did pug raids within the guild so I could get moondancer easily. Also had a good pvp guild for emperor which I managed to snag on a nice tuesday reset within 4 hours of game being up. Without the guilds I would have quit awhile back.

Also pay attention to the people who make builds, like before warden was released, alcast had released his own build for warden tank, I bought my whole setup for super cheap, then warden came out and the green pact and other set I bought skyrocketed in price. I remember I bought a greenpact defending mace for like 2k then 2 days later it was selling for 150-200k (I was also first to see it before tamriel listed it so that helped). U can make some decent money predicting what set will be the best next, or which trait. When they made charged good I bought up decent amount of charged destro staves and made good profit before people realized charged was good.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Was the pvp still clunky? I just remember it feeling absolutely awful. Like you'd be stunned or just couldn't do any actions, but it was laggy, so you thought you were doing something, but nope.

The graphics were good for an MMO though.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee

You have to be trolling, right? You can rightly criticize TESO for a ton of shit but graphics is NOT one of them. Come on, UT. Put the crack pipe down.