The Elder Scrolls Online

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
A lot of different skill lines open up. If you haven't unlocked them yet, ( like mages guild, undaunted, psyjic, crafting, etc...) you can bank skill points if you want, but there is always skill respecs you can buy with a small amount of gold whenever you want, you never have to worry about wasting them.

There are also hundreds of skill points out there to get from skyshards and dungeon completions, so you won't run out. I'd say spend them on what you want now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It is surprising how unimaginative the class abilities are. Almost everything is damage + some completely useless 2% effect on something you don't even use. Where's the roots and snares and spriit of the wolf and mesmerize and other basic crap every mmo should have?

I did find a snare but it lasts 1 second... that's not particularly useful. Is there a root in the game?

A root? Have you played an mmo in the last 15 years? All classes in most MMOs these days are 90% identical with a few class defining functions, same as ESO, so you can't fault it for that. ESO has its share of issues, but if your comparing it to EverQuest 1, your in the wrong part of town .

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Have there been any in 15? Old republic I guess? That had plenty of the usual mmo stuff.

I don't do Korean grinders if those are included in the mmo category. I love the look but the combat is usually terrible.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So are they going to pull another Summerset Islands "Expansion" and release half the content and then charge DLC prices for the rest over a year? :)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The combat in this is really truly appallingly bad, but I do love the nostalgic music and such on morrowind.

I'm just glad they didn't make cliffracers constantly bomb you like in the old days :D

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes the combat is pretty bad but overall it is a fun experience. I definitely will be back for Skyrim but since I am a Templar healer I treat it like a single player. I can pretty much solo anything I want now and avoid groups. I think WoW classic will be my mainstay with this being my off hours game.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Templar seems like the least bad of the classes
That's what I'm playing. But healing isn't very exciting. Slap down the AoE healing circle and mash the big heal if someone takes a lot of damage. Rinse and repeat.

Are all abilities instant cast? Besides maybe the ultimates? There doesn't seem to be any timing required at all for ability usage. Just press whatever you want whenever you want.

Xerge

<Donor>
Flop? Far from it. This game is a huge cash cow. Honestly more games need PVE leaderboards for their raids going forward. Also the only MMO to have a leaderboard per class for a solo arena.

Ive also tanked end game content. There's no fucking around. Mechs cannot be missed, tanks NEED to block shit or else. Shit like VA+2 or CR+3 is not for the weak.

Edit: As for healing not being exciting. Go heal a vet DLC dungeon and report back pls. Unless youre rolling with huge dick dps DLC content always requires decent healers. The game is so fucking soft on people pre-dlc then suddenly mechanics are introduced all over the place.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy pretty much all aspect of this game except combat. I never made it very far, I think I am in my 30's because no matter how good the rest of the game is, combat always end up boring me that I stop playing, which I find sad since there is such a good game in there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I play this more as a solo experience and find the combat enjoyable enough to keep coming back, while I do run dungeons and things like that I mostly just quest and craft. Crafting is the main reason I keep going back every 6 or so months if there's nothing else out that I'm interested in. I would probably play more often if a sub wasn't needed for the craft bag, but they would lose a lot of subs if they allowed the craft bag to be unlocked permanently.

Pops

I hated the animation canceling. I'm no good at it. Old and drunk and high doesn't help.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This come with a free month of sub when you buy it? Thinking of trying this out for first time, saw recent collectors expac is on sale on steam, so really not a big deal if I do have to pay a sub.

Xerge

<Donor>
It's buy-to-play model. Sub is needed for more than casual play though imo as it opens up access to DLC and the craft bag.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If I'll stick with it more than a couple days, I'll go with a sub. Doesn't seem like it matters much as a newbie. I bought the collectors edition of Elsweyr for less than our order of Tacotime for dinner tonite. ESO was 28ish$, Tacotime was $87.32 cause it's fucking TACO TUESDAY, and this motherfucker likes his deluxe mexifries far too much.

If it doesn't suck, I'll just sub tomorrow when I'm sober. (yes some form of sobriety occurs in my existence, sometimes)

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Your first time ESOing won't be bad. The game will last you, casually, about 200 hours of quality game-play where you can read lore, explore places, delve into your character and jerk off casually to ERP guilds.

Past casually the game is a fuck-fest of bugs (Last I played) and mediocrity.

There are (/were?) bugs in the game last I played that were around since release of the game. Things like joining an instance group SOMETIMES worked. Years after release that shouldn't be a "SOMETIMES" thing.

Some "features" require a guild, like selling your shit at an auction house. "IMMERSION" was their reasoning behind locking this feature behind a guild. You CAN join a "Auction guild" (you can join 5 guilds at a time) of sorts where you basically have access to a "guild merchant" of sorts but that merchant is in a certain place in a certain zone, there isn't a central marketplace.

"Raids" last I played were nothing more than WoW "Challenge Mode" dungeons. Disappointing since I was really looking forward to some cool raids and double disappointing because end-game combat isn't creative, it's mundane. If you compare end-game WoW raiding with End-game ESO raiding...ESO raiding is like "Developers first raid" where the devs are all from second-life and they found out that some artists made a fire effect and then the dev made that fire effect burn people whereas WoW raids are polished as fuck theme-park experiences.

Best way to describe ESO?

Theme Park experience where all the employees hate working there and are really just there for a summer paycheck.

The reason ESO is so successful?

It's one of the FEW fantasy based MMOs that still exists on consoles that isn't from Asia. Oh and ELDER SCROLLS!!!!!!!!11

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
My current & recent MMO flavor has been EQ2, so the bar really isn't very high. I was mostly bored this evening, and browsing steam for shit to play, and saw ESO for sale. I juggle about 5-6 games on my SSD too, so usually I ignore ESO on sale, since it takes so much damn HD space.