The Elder Scrolls Online

Xerge

<Donor>
The main thing you should be doing in the game (passively) is working towards your build, all builds have crafting sets to start out with so gear shouldn't be an issue. Do a shout in zone chat, buy stuff from guild stores. This requires skill points and an experience grind so any activity that rewards these should be focused on. For example, run each dungeon once (don't forget dailies), do the main story quest leading up to molag bal, do DLC story quest lines, collect skyshards with an addon installed, do delves, and do all public dungeons. You can do a lot of this with a guild, or just on your own over a weekend and will drastically change the flow of combat and character power. If a break is needed you can passively start working on zone story lines which reward skill points as quest rewards. Acquiring enough skill points to flesh out a decent build is top priority. This should also boost you in CP as well along the way. Acquiring sets and building a character is high priority; understanding combat flow as well. Please for the love of fuck don't forget to use stat food at least in dungeons.

While i'm a roll;

Addons are huge in this game. I have over 80 installed.
Mount training daily with your morning coffee.
Hit up the pvp zone for the pvp ability unlocks. It's a basic intro quest for a mount speed ability.
Research for crafting early, often.
Change your telegraph color markers for group content. Don't be the guy who cant see the red.
Stat food please.
Don't be shy towards base trials past CP160.
CP is really a big deal on player power. There are hidden stat normalization at CP 300/600.
Use a build. Don't be that special guy.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
I've passed out on discord drinking, while tanking in WoW. I've only done that in normal content during ESO. Blocking and interrupting in eso are forever satisfying

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've passed out on discord drinking, while tanking in WoW. I've only done that in normal content during ESO. Blocking and interrupting in eso are forever satisfying

Add that there is no AoE taunting in ESO either, makes tanking groups of mobs a bit more challenging than in most games.

Xerge

<Donor>
Add that there is no AoE taunting in ESO either, makes tanking groups of mobs a bit more challenging than in most games.

This is so true. I complained about it at first and I was told to git gud real quick. Once it clicks though you really own the pulls.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Never played this game but need something to tie me over until BG3. Is this game soloable or heavily reliable on group content to get items? Can I do all content if not most solo? Also is the Plus Membership worth it?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Never played this game but need something to tie me over until BG3. Is this game soloable or heavily reliable on group content to get items? Can I do all content if not most solo? Also is the Plus Membership worth it?

There is tons to do solo.

Dungeons, Trials and World Boss are group content.

ESO+ gives you access to all the DLC and Expansion except the last one, in this case Greymoor.

It also gives you access to the Craft Bag so all materials you gather go in there and don’t clog up your inventory, I consider this alone a must if you’re serious about the game.

I would definitely play for free to see if you like it first, if you decide you do and plan on playing regularly the ESO+ is good game I get.

Xerge

<Donor>

You can do all overland content with crafted sets or gear from overland content it's self. You won't see 100% of the game on your own. It is an MMO in the since that you will need others to see the group content. You can however be totally content with simply crafting, housing, questing, public dungeons, delves, and world bosses/events on your own with a bit of random players thrown in.

The plus membership is 100% worth it if you enjoy eso past your first two weeks.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Snag it, and I will also. I need something to play.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If any of you guys get it and need some help, you can contact me in game @ Valderen without the space, and I'll help if I can.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Which race/class makes the best tank?

Dragonknight generally considered the best tanks, they have a lot of tools to do the job. Warden is pretty good too, but you have to buy it.

As for the races, Nord are great, good health increase passive, ultimate generation passive and resistances. Argonians(lizards) have better sustain with stamina/health/magicka gain when you drink a potion, also good health increase passive, and increase healing6%) which you will do with all tanks have self heals. Imperials are pretty nice too, balanced race but again you need to buy it.

So DK/Nord for better mitigations and Ultimate generation or DK/Argonians for better resources management and slightly increase heals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Which race/class makes the best tank?

Argonian dragonknights make the best overall tank. Certain guilds roll with a Nord tank to min/max with their resistances. One of the two would be expected in end game. Wardens make great offtanks however they can be used to MT everything too.

Personally I love the DK ultimate. It's a massive damage shield which lets you do shit uninterrupted like say, rez the healer. A good DK tank will not die, ever, if they're playing smart. A skilled DK tank player will take a near wipe and turn it right around as there's no reason not to.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Released on Stadia today which also allows linking to your PC eso account. Managed to log into my main without issues; seems to offer a steady 30 FPS and 100ms ping. IMO that is 100% playable up to normal raid content, it's actually a game changing experience playing eso casually on my 450s thinkpad laptop. Paired xboc controller worked fine, looked and ran fine with no drops.

Also gives PC players a way to log in and claim daily reward. Stadia is having a2 month trial for pro and you can claim eso for free atm.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thinking about picking this up for mmo itch even though I'll probably be bored a few days in.

Is there a best solo leveling build? Are any bow builds worth a shit? Required addons?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I really liked stamina necro with bow, then later I added in dual wield. Pretty strong. But the best solo class by far is magicka templar. Shit is so op its not even close. I had a good time with this game for like a month before it got boring. But one could probably get more out of it. I only went through the new exp pack story, which was pretty good, then the kitty isle story, whatever the fuck that was called, and did the main story up until like lv35. But there is way more, plus every zone has its own story. Crafting system which I barely scratched the surface of.

I only scratched the surface of this game. PvP seemed like its its own thing with its own meta builds, I fucked around with the battlegrounds shit a bit but never really in any depth, seemed pretty fun though. They have a realm vs realm mode too which I never tried. I was going to build up a PvP focused character but then I lost interest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like