The Elder Scrolls Online

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is the only mmo that I love healing in. I don't know why but I have a shit ton of fun healing dungeons. Any other role is kinda garbage to play.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
This is the only mmo that I love healing in. I don't know why but I have a shit ton of fun healing dungeons. Any other role is kinda garbage to play.

Some DD roles like mag templar, mag/stam sorc are somewhat entertaining if you like the twitchy DDR-see-me-roll- playstyle. Tanking is giga aids in this game, especially when people ignore boss mechanics and don't give you time to aggro everything as usual. A lot of people simply refuse to follow/learn mechanics in this game so puggin vets is not even a gamble but a waste of time usually. DLC Dungeons like Hearts II, Cradle of shadows, Ruins of mazzatun are almost impossible without voice communication on vet/hardmode

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So they launched Greymoor today and then immediately took the megalag servers down again (PC NA/EU Maintenance - 5/26/20) because everyone had access to Western Skyrim without buying it. Same shit that happened to them with Elsweyr one year ago.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How tough is his to get into if I start playing today? Is this a traditional holy trinity MMO?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Nah, this isn't even an MMO. It's basically a co-op game with public events like GW2. I think the end game trials are 12 man. I got it a few months ago, and I enjoy the story lines, have three friends I run all the dungeons with, but for the most part I just play solo and run around. I have no plans to stick with it long term or buy the new expansion. This is an extremely casual, mostly solo RPG experience. And, its tough to really enjoy the game without the monthly sub, the limited inventory and other options make it almost mandatory.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How tough is his to get into if I start playing today? Is this a traditional holy trinity MMO?
It’s great if you love Elder Scrolls. If you liked morrowind, oblivion, or Skyrim and are a lore junkie this game is great.

The combat etc is not the greatest but I don’t care about that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nah, this isn't even an MMO. It's basically a co-op game with public events like GW2. I think the end game trials are 12 man. I got it a few months ago, and I enjoy the story lines, have three friends I run all the dungeons with, but for the most part I just play solo and run around. I have no plans to stick with it long term or buy the new expansion. This is an extremely casual, mostly solo RPG experience. And, its tough to really enjoy the game without the monthly sub, the limited inventory and other options make it almost mandatory.

Damn. Need an MMO. Thanks.

Xerge

<Donor>

This MMO is stupid easy to get into, especially now that builds don't require pvp abilities to flesh out anymore. It's a minimalist MMO with the basic activities of dungeons, crafting, fashion, housing, 12 person trials, and pvp(BGs and open world territory control). I always treated it like a side MMO to enjoy during the WoW/FF14 patch content. The majority of the game's dungeon content can be done with 3DPS1Tank or healer until vet. level content in which the game turns into more holy trinity. The game also is uses a different item model than the other mmos. items are valuable, sets do things, builds are based off item sets mostly. I find the game more wide open then the other mmos which make you feel like youre in a theme park. ESO doesn't.

Shit to do in ESO

1. Level/advancement grind (lvl50>CP100>CP160>CP300>CP600)
  2. Full voice overs you can listen to
  3. Zone stories (each zone has a whole story to do)
  4. Public dungeons (dungeons like old school EQ that you can crawl, no load screen. always has several bosses, soul shard, item set drops)
  5. World events
  6. Fishing
  7. DLC main story
  8. Base game story
  9. Dungeon unlocks from level 1-50
  10. Veteran content unlock at level 50
  11. DLC dungeons at CP 300
  12. Trials(raid) anytime after CP160 for base craglorn trials
  13. PvP
  14. Amazing crafting system
  15. Great housing system
  16. Sweeet fashion/dye system that actually works great(hi WoW ugly fag 15 year old textures)
  17. Economy system that forces competition between guilds(if youre into market buy/sell gameplay)
  18. Leader board system for solo arena if you like swing your big dick
  19. Leader board system for trials(raids) (!!!!! group orgry dick swinging, anyone know why FoH is not holding the top leaderboard for trials? Oh wait FoH sucks)
  20. Collectible system(pets, toys, fuckery)
  21. Player accessibility (want to hook up with your bud? Easy af)
  22. Character customization like added emotes, personalities, skins, unique hat/helms, titles
  23. Meaningful achievement collection (Rewards like dyes, titles, skins)
  24. Addon support/community
  25. Controller support

**I co-lead trials all last summer while getting drunk af and had a blast playing this game with a group of people.

Starting to see why this is not an mmo /s. Ppl stuck on WoW classic textures and calling it a good time thou

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This MMO is stupid easy to get into, especially now that builds don't require pvp abilities to flesh out anymore. It's a minimalist MMO with the basic activities of dungeons, crafting, fashion, housing, 12 person trials, and pvp(BGs and open world territory control). I always treated it like a side MMO to enjoy during the WoW/FF14 patch content. The majority of the game's dungeon content can be done with 3DPS1Tank or healer until vet. level content in which the game turns into more holy trinity. The game also is uses a different item model than the other mmos. items are valuable, sets do things, builds are based off item sets mostly. I find the game more wide open then the other mmos which make you feel like youre in a theme park. ESO doesn't.

**I co-lead trials all last summer while getting drunk af and had a blast playing this game with a group of people.

Well dammit which is it?! For 20 bucks may just give it a shot.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well dammit which is it?! For 20 bucks may just give it a shot.
Or join us on WoW classic? Lol wtf man if you want a MMO join the guild on Whitemane. This game isn’t for you if you want to raid and enjoy that kinda MMO. It’s more casual. I’ve done the raids and they are fun but yeah... ESO is uber casual and I like it for that reason. I should mention I play both quite a lot.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
And, its tough to really enjoy the game without the monthly sub, the limited inventory and other options make it almost mandatory.

Hmm only if you are into crafting, really. The crafting bag is amazing and almost required if you are into serious crafting. Inventory can be inflated with gold (mount space once per day and buy bag upgrades at bag vendor). The 10% exp is not noticable in this game. The double bank size is sweet but you can upgrade you bank with gold, too.

I also play it between WOW expansions and if POE leagues are crap very casual. The "story per zone" concept makes it a very enjoyable single player with mmo flavor experience if you like the elder scrolls lore and setting. And best classic game music ever no discussion (sorry wow fans, 2nd place) ()

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Or join us on WoW classic? Lol wtf man if you want a MMO join the guild on Whitemane. This game isn’t for you if you want to raid and enjoy that kinda MMO. It’s more casual. I’ve done the raids and they are fun but yeah... ESO is uber casual and I like it for that reason. I should mention I play both quite a lot.

I only play tank man. With the easy tank mode I hear about now in WoW...meh. I'd probably get bored real fast.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing this since the quarantine started 2 1/2 months ago. Mostly just playing with a friend doing overland content. Still have about 20-30% of the game left to explore. It's pretty big for a completionist.

The combat isn't that great but I got used to it. I'm 50 CP 275 now.

Just got Greymoor downloaded, this should be fun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For $20 bucks, you'll be hard pressed to get the same entertainment value. The game isnt horrid as some would make you think, but it isnt awesome by any means. Plenty of stuff to do, and the game is absolutely filled to the brim with people. A lot of which I found that have never even thought about playing WoW. So.. thats kind of a plus? But on that same level, I have ran into so many people that I'm pretty sure they struggled with just moving the camera in terms of skill level. Theres some in every game, but I met quite a bit in this one... Like.. a lot.

Give it a shot, and if you find it boring - run to the newer content, try that a bit.. and if you still dont like it, you can always come back to it in the F2P sense.

• 2Like

Barraind

Trakanon Raider

Started playing a couple weeks ago. It's been basically an elder scrolls solo player game that has some group instances (for which you probably want a tank and/or a healer, both isnt really required early on) and some pvp. Theres harder dungeons and 12 man trials eventually as well.

I've enjoyed it as a nice change of pace while 14 is in a draught until probably July.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started playing a couple weeks ago. It's been basically an elder scrolls solo player game that has some group instances (for which you probably want a tank and/or a healer, both isnt really required early on) and some pvp. Theres harder dungeons and 12 man trials eventually as well.

I've enjoyed it as a nice change of pace while 14 is in a draught until probably July.

Well, to be fair... most MMO's can be played as single player games up until max level as well. If you choose not to do group content or similar, that really is a choice you're making. You put a blurb about the end game, and yea.. that stuff is there. But there is group content available as you level. You're just skipping it, or from what I gather.. havent reached it yet.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game has a decent amount of group content most of which can be done from either level 10 or 15, forgot which.

The game is essentially split like:

Questing and Overland zone content: Solo

Delves (4-6 per zone): These are mini public dungeons (1 Skyshard and 1 Boss, sometimes a quest): Solo

Public Dungeons(1 or2 per zone): These are similar to Delves but larger and harder ( 1 Skyshard, 4-5 Bosses and 1 Group event): Group (But can be soloed. some boss can be challenging solo)

Instanced Dungeons(1 or 2 per zone): These are traditional dungeons, require 4 people. Original game are fairly easy with some soloable or done with 4 dps, DLC ones are much harder and require tank/healer and 2 dps. These are available in Normal, Veteran and Veteran Hard Mode for some(which I think are for the last boss only).

Trials: These are raids intended for 12 people, available in Normal and Veteran difficuties.

World Bosses(4 to 6 per zone): These are group boss which require a group, some can be soloed by well geared players but they are pretty tough. Like dungeons the World Boss in the original game are significantly easier than those from DLC and Expansions.

Maelstorm Arena: Solo instance where you defeat monsters. 9 stages of 4 Rounds each. Has normal and Veteran mode.

Dragonstar Arena: 4 man instance. 10 Stages, and has Normal and Veteran mode.

Blackrose Prison Arena: 4 man instance. I think it's 5 stage of 4 rounds each. Available in Normal and Veteran.

There's also "events" in each zone, which scale to number of people. There's like 3-5 spot in each map where these happens semi-randomly. They are pretty straightforward, kill waves of mobs and finally a boss.

Most of this scales to your level, so you can do pretty much anything at any level which is pretty cool. Obviously high level player with better gear and champions are stronger but still doable.

The thing with ESO is that for the most part just above would be an apt description. Some of the quest are really interesting, some are pretty bad. Combat has some cool moments, but for the most part it's not great.

This is actually my 3rd or 4th attempt at the game, never made it past 27 before. I finally stuck with it this time and I'm level 50 with 293 Champion Points and enjoying myself quite a bit. I guess I got used to the unspectacular nature of the game. It has tons of content, and exploring zones, and doing zone completions is super fun for me. I got 100% completion in GW2 so it's something I just enjoy doing.

There is tons of content for a casual player like me. There's 30+ zones from smaller starting area to some being pretty large, over 35+ dungeons. I'm about halfway done exploring the zones only. I have done a few dungeons, no veteran mode yet though and no trials. I completed my first Maelstrom Arena a few days ago.

I really wish the combat was better, and game suffers from poor optimization on client and server side. It's extremely playable but it should run better. I heard there's a lot of issue in Cyrodil which is the open world PVP zone which castle siege type gameplay.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
But there is group content available as you level. You're just skipping it, or from what I gather.. havent reached it yet.

Been running group instances with friends as people are on.

Havent done many world bosses or dolmen farms in favor of shard collecting and quest completion.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm not even aware of that I should be doing.