The Elder Scrolls Online

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
hmm so i bought the ESO plus and the expansion and logged in and I can't make a necro, says I need to buy the class? What type of garbage is this, 14 a month and i still have to pay for a class?
If I remember correctly, if you bought the morrowwind expansion then you got the warde , and if you bought the Elsywere expansion then that included the necro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Can't say much about the dlc as I havn't touched the content, the patch though is pretty fucking decent. Absolutely love the new stickerbook feature, the tank changes are great, and the update to the buff system is a welcome change. if ESO could get an animation make over. I'e actually been playing a lot and meant to post natch potes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't say much about the dlc as I havn't touched the content, the patch though is pretty fucking decent. Absolutely love the new stickerbook feature, the tank changes are great, and the update to the buff system is a welcome change. if ESO could get an animation make over. I'e actually been playing a lot and meant to post natch potes.
I am playing templar. What champion points would you do to go solo build? I have been a healer for a few years but getting bored af. I got 650 Cps

Xerge

<Donor>
I am playing templar. What champion points would you do to go solo build? I have been a healer for a few years but getting bored af. I got 650 Cps

I'd do a magplar build, the shield ability from light armor makes doing maelstorm arena and general pve easier. Plus you likely already have mag abilities leveled.

Then you do just do all attributes in mag with these CPs; this is for 600 so you'll have some left over. Throw on crafted mag sets like julianos (I dunno what you got kicking around) and mother's sorrow -- g2g. Do mother's sorrow body pieces if you're broke to avoid having to acquire a fire staff -- easier to craft julianos in the correct traits. Grab witchmother's brew for food buff.

The Ritual
44 Thaumaturge
The Atronach
44 Master at Arms, 11 Staff Expert
The Apprentice
56 Elemental Expert, 37 Elfborn, 8 Spell Erosion
The Shadow
20 Tumbling, 20 Shadow Ward
The Lover
100 Arcanist, 23 Tenacity
The Tower
37 Warlord
The Lord
The Lady

42 Hardy, 42 Elemental Defender, 40 Thick Skinned
The Steed
52 Ironclad, 24 Spell Shield

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
thanks!

Yea I got all the crafted (Julianos/mother’s etc legendary and all staves including resto) and olorime from raids. Do you just spam spear/ ritual for self heals? What is your Rot like? I just want ez mode and even right now it’s pretty derpy.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
my only templar experience is a healer I don't play much but yeah it's just spear/self buffs/heals for world content -- should be pretty ez to figure out if you're familiar with the class already.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
thanks!
Do you just spam spear/ ritual for self heals? What is your Rot like? I just want ez mode and even right now it’s pretty derpy.

Spears from sky
Glowy orb (can also be 'set on fire')
Sunbeam
Meteor (either flavor, Templar or Mage Guild. My magplar is illiterate so Templar meteor it is)
Jabjabjabjab
Jabjabjabjab
Make sure to be weaving in there.
Repeat if worldboss.

Replace jabjabjabjab with Beam of light while strafekiting if said world boss can do more than 60% of your health in 1 hit (some can and it sucks)

Proceed to murder everything that can't knock you down at range and then do 15k repeatedly (there's a reapers March WB in the middleish left side of the zone that's like HELLO GET FUCKED), but you can solo more or less anything you feel like.

I use mad tinkerers + overwhelming + iceheart as a general use set on mine (its my go kill things character atm). Tinkerer proc is an AE dd + stun and is greatly underrated by basically everyone. Overwhelming is very good for sustaining while you murder packs of stuff. Iceheart is kinda mediocre for killing big things, but is fantastic when clearing pd's and dolmens.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spears from sky
Glowy orb (can also be 'set on fire')
Sunbeam
Meteor (either flavor, Templar or Mage Guild. My magplar is illiterate so Templar meteor it is)
Jabjabjabjab
Jabjabjabjab
Make sure to be weaving in there.
Repeat if worldboss.

Replace jabjabjabjab with Beam of light while strafekiting if said world boss can do more than 60% of your health in 1 hit (some can and it sucks)

Proceed to murder everything that can't knock you down at range and then do 15k repeatedly (there's a reapers March WB in the middleish left side of the zone that's like HELLO GET FUCKED), but you can solo more or less anything you feel like.

I use mad tinkerers + overwhelming + iceheart as a general use set on mine (its my go kill things character atm). Tinkerer proc is an AE dd + stun and is greatly underrated by basically everyone. Overwhelming is very good for sustaining while you murder packs of stuff. Iceheart is kinda mediocre for killing big things, but is fantastic when clearing pd's and dolmens.
Wow thanks and I got ice heart set already hell ya

Xerge

<Donor>
Glad someone else responded with templar experience lol. being a returning player this patch has been fun. meta has changed up a bit

Xerge

<Donor>
roll the credits

1605768804712.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Wow thanks and I got ice heart set already hell ya

Caster early gearing is easy too.

Yoir fallback food is a Halloween event food, Witchmothers Potent Brew, and its dirt cheap.

You can run 5 piece mothers sorrow (overworld drops/chests in Deshaan and usually cheap except staves) and 5 piece Julianos (Crafted) can last you until you get trial gear.

Or you can run one of the utility sets from dungeons or other overworld zones.

I like tinkerer and you can usually get non-weapons for almost nothing.

Overwhelming for sustain.

Burning Spellweave if you do mostly fire damage (Ususlly just MagDK).
There's a shock damage set as well, but its more expensive.
If you want to stack max magicka, there's
Necropotence for MagSorc (it requires a pet). Slightly worse version is Crafty Alfiq (no pet needed).

There IS a spell pen set you can run instead of Julianos, thats slightly better damage output for solo situations, buuuuut its significantly more expensive.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I got all my Julianos/spell weave/ mother’s sorrow legendaries.

what’s the other set

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Spinners Garments. Zone drops in Malabal Tor. Better than Julianos until you hit the spell pen caps. Mag builds hit this much easier than sta builds, as you get just under 5k from armor passives (cap is 18.2k), and in any organized group where pen will matter, you should be getting at least 11.2k from tank sillyness + a dps with breach.

You can easily pick up several k of pen in champion points to make up any differences, do Spinner is really only good solo.

For further gearing, the new antiquity ring (ROPO, ring of the pale order) is really good while solo.

Kills your monster set (or a 5pc if youre married to your monster set i suppose) to wear it, but it heals you for 18% of all damage you do, capping at 2.25k per (so big ults and a couple 1 tap nukes will be capped) but you can't be healed by anyone who isn't you.

Probably gets nerfed before too long, but its basically on everyone's solo build lists, replacing your shoulder with the appropriate weight 5piece you lost, and using a max sta or mag monster helm (except for the really weird 1h and shield DK build that uses it with a dps monster set, amd a sustain 5piece + pvp sustain 3piece for arena farming. It tanks you to death, healing off adds dying, while killing you with dots and meteor procs from its 2piece)

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
FInally hit a 71k mag warden parse. It's mostly shit but i'm getting better considering high end is 95k and over. I am just not a huge fan of DoT based gameplay. Also the next DLC story takes us to Gates of Oblivion, more info this month.

Does FoH have anyone doing trial content? Starting learning the off tanking role for veteran sunspire and could use last boss tips.

Screenshot_20210104_135107.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FInally hit a 71k mag warden parse. It's mostly shit but i'm getting better considering high end is 95k and over. I am just not a huge fan of DoT based gameplay. Also the next DLC story takes us to Gates of Oblivion, more info this month.

Does FoH have anyone doing trial content? Starting learning the off tanking role for veteran sunspire and could use last boss tips.

View attachment 327161
I’m pretty sure you are the guy. Most of us just casuals doing solo shit or pvp.

when I heal in sunspire it was super easy but tanking is another story.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I personally just dont care for the light attack weaving. When Im bored with WoW, Ill come back on with ya Xerge Xerge . I dont think I have anything to look forward to with FFXIV for a while.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Is there any FOH guild or trading group for us casuals?