The Elder Scrolls Online

Xerge

<Donor>
I dont think the typical veteran level content in ESO requires supreme skill. In fact if you've cleared non-raid finder content in WoW/mythic10 then learning vet. trial content in ESO will be fine. Dungeon/trial Hardmodes are a different beast. However only a handful of people right now can solo tank vet. sunspire. Why is this important? because you now can squeeze more DPS for faster speedrun skills for the in-game leaderboard. I don't know what to tell you about barswapping, it's very enjoyable to me and it feels refreshing to not have 3 hotbars keybound. Oh and since you think WoW torghast is so neat you will breeze through ESO's VMA. Or did you already? Magsorc or maybe stamblade?

Fanboy for your hotbar gameplay all you like. I can't wait for the next FF14 xpac too.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Played this super casually for a few months as ftp. If I could pull anything out of the game it would be city feel and design, player housing creativity options, and the large 3 way fight RVR zone(less the lag and murder ball tactics). Character controls/movement are pretty trash tier. Most of the time playing this game I was just wishing they just updated DDO to utilize the world they created. If you daytrip and check it out i'd suggest tossing some old MIDI rpg music in the background, and tying into the weekly/monthly housing design competitions to check out what creative shit people come up with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To me it just all felt very bland. From the skills, the classes, the loot, it was all bland all around. Also not much build diversity either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This game destroys TESO. The memories of TSN's Shadows of Yserbius I still have in my head, and I cannot remember a single thing from playing ESO aside from pure boredom.

Also, if you wanted to know where the Mez/AOE Burn idea came from with EQ and DAOC :p

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Xerge Xerge , What kind of changes are you excited about? Has much came out at all?

Trailer

Some other changes that are on PTS (I think?)
CP Changes
Class Changes etc.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to like this game so much, and every time I try, I just can't do it. I've been shopping around for something to casually play on the big screen tv with a controller on the couch, and I want this to be that game, but I can't make it out of the pre level cap game before quitting.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The much anticipated CP overhaul is here and the PTS is kinda messy atm. ESO live right now is equal to EQ PoP IMO, whereas CP=AA. CP is a huge PITA for new players and hopefully this finished product allows to bridge the power gap between new players. The biggest change i'm excited about is the nerf to crit chance; this is the same growing pains WoW went through during it's post release development. Up until now crit is king and all builds chase it. They want to establish vertical and horizontal progression and I think it'll work out in the long run. Another minor change im pumped about is the boost to base character stats, which changes up some things for new and veteran players. I'm also excited to have NPC companions; will make doing solo content as a tank or healer extremely viable.

Over all I think ESO is headed in a solid direction. Still disappointed no in game activity listing/finder. If you wern't a fan of the combat prior this doesn't change it, if you didnt enjoy light attack weaving(mouse click+ability press), or weapon swap, its all still here.

Still has one of the best end games for a group of folks IMO. Always pushing unique strats/builds to get a better score or get something done. Right now vampire has a DPS build that is crazy fucking rewarding to high skilled players; it has a toggle ability and a spammable ability that both drain health. Good stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

The much anticipated CP overhaul is here and the PTS is kinda messy atm. ESO live right now is equal to EQ PoP IMO, whereas CP=AA. CP is a huge PITA for new players and hopefully this finished product allows to bridge the power gap between new players. The biggest change i'm excited about is the nerf to crit chance; this is the same growing pains WoW went through during it's post release development. Up until now crit is king and all builds chase it. They want to establish vertical and horizontal progression and I think it'll work out in the long run. Another minor change im pumped about is the boost to base character stats, which changes up some things for new and veteran players. I'm also excited to have NPC companions; will make doing solo content as a tank or healer extremely viable.

Over all I think ESO is headed in a solid direction. Still disappointed no in game activity listing/finder. If you wern't a fan of the combat prior this doesn't change it, if you didnt enjoy light attack weaving(mouse click+ability press), or weapon swap, its all still here.

Still has one of the best end games for a group of folks IMO. Always pushing unique strats/builds to get a better score or get something done. Right now vampire has a DPS build that is crazy fucking rewarding to high skilled players; it has a toggle ability and a spammable ability that both drain health. Good stuff.
The vampire thing was what I was trying to figure out right before I left for the ffxiv patch. Lots and lots of reading for that. Im not entirely sure I like the class that I was playing though. I usually play a tank in mmo's but the tanking in ESO seems a bit more nuanced than what Im used to in WoW type MMO's.

Any idea when the CP change will come out? Is it with the expansion coming?

Xerge

<Donor>
I think it was in 6 weeks if I read right. Honestly if you're not playing dragonknight, necro, or warden, tanking will be meh. Tanking is the only role that does not light attack weave and it's suggested you check out tanking if you're not into DPS. Even healers pull 30-40k DPS in end game content with extremely optimized groups.

Tanking in ESO is really fun and varied, some end game speed run strats involve dps/offtank hybrids. Especially in sub four minute veteran cloud rest plus 3 fights. You're looking at 2 tanks and 1 DPS tank thats usually a necro with their armor skill and a taunt. Good stuff. Another example is in vMOL where in the last boss the OT will swap with an intelligent DPS; the DPS will OT the add next to the MT so he can DPS; mean while the OT is filling for the mechanic role because all the mobs dont attack you and you just 1 tap them. Good theory crafting right there.

A LOT of pressure on the tanking roles in ESO though.

Xerge

<Donor>
Not included with the current PTS atm. I respect they do not allow you to role swap easily but it really screws ppl who want to play as tank or heals and want to quest or do shit, especially the console players. They don't have a gear set addon; get wrecked.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this game super hard to get into as a new player? I know it’s been around a long time but I never really tried it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is this game super hard to get into as a new player? I know it’s been around a long time but I never really tried it.

Same... played a little at launch but just couldn't get into it. Curious as well. Had a couple of friends go back while waiting for WoW 9.1 and they seem to enjoy it but it seems a little bland from hearing them talk about the game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same... played a little at launch but just couldn't get into it. Curious as well. Had a couple of friends go back while waiting for WoW 9.1 and they seem to enjoy it but it seems a little bland from hearing them talk about the game.
It’s fun as hell on console. Played PC with Tuco Tuco and his guild at launch and the PVP was amazing.

Daidraco

When they moved the starting stuff to Morrowind, it improved the introduction to the game dramatically. A lot of the older world stuff that was in at launch is still pretty.. boring? But the last few expansions have put in some zones that are just flat out amazing. If you can get past the combat, or the grindy trade and mount systems.. the game is fantastic.

Xerge

<Donor>
Game is super easy to jump into, especially after june 1st. There is a new starting tutorial and major DLC release which adds the companion feature. Top tier character progression which other MMOs can't match atm. There are also no resets to gear/power level.

be warned though the game is different and I see a lot people who just can't get good with the combat. The game's skill ceiling is pretty high to the point where the resident forum players haven't posted anything high end, ever. FOH has no Godslayers, Tic Toc Tormentors, or Gryphon Hearts. These titles each take at least 5 weeks for a group to learn, imo. Less if you put in more hours per week. There's also no raid finder so getting your clear for certain content feels pretty good. Dungeon DLC content is just as difficult if you're aiming for trifecta (No death, speed run, last boss hardmode) and will require a static group.

You can play this game and never be challenged or you can find out how difficult getting your clears can be.

Xerge

<Donor>
Game still has one of the most cinematic siege gameplay I've seen in an MMO.
Have you played Cyrodiil since the siege update? There's destructible bridges and milgates now. PVP was also recently retuned so proc item sets are no longer allowed, so shit like this can't happen anymore. The pvp is more skilled based than what it was before.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finally did the Cyrodill pvp one a weekend they had some event running about a year ago on Xbox. It was a lot of fun, but did get a little repetitive between good brawls. Did nothing but pug groups which varied wildly in goals and tactics. If I wanted to do more, I'd join a pvp team, but I don't want to devote that amount of time to the game.

I still love to revisit this game 2-3 times a year to catch up on the new zones and story, and maybe pug the new dungeons a couple times.