The Elder Scrolls Online

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So is this fun enough to buy and play through once when it's back down to 20 bucks?
It is a year after release and they still have addons being the only reason why the UI is marginal at best. If they suddenly decided they needed console parity and denied addons on all platforms I would recommend skipping it permanently.

They added in paragon levels...cool paragon levels in a game where combat is more bland than vanilla.

I had a group of people I was playing with before suggest that, "If you are bored with your current character, re-roll and try a new one!" Like the game doesn't revolve around moving your first character through EVERY faction by the time they hit VR1.

I dunno, the game was interesting-ish but not to any type of quality that the "TES" series was.

20 dollars, no more.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Honestly, if the patcher is dominating you this much, you might wanna just skip this one.
You gotta admit the patcher does suck. Lot of complaints on the forums from people with SSD drives who can't patch the game because they have limited space left. I had to install it on my second hard drive to avoid running out of space on my SSD primary.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It is a year after release and they still have addons being the only reason why the UI is marginal at best. If they suddenly decided they needed console parity and denied addons on all platforms I would recommend skipping it permanently.

They added in paragon levels...cool paragon levels in a game where combat is more bland than vanilla.

I had a group of people I was playing with before suggest that, "If you are bored with your current character, re-roll and try a new one!" Like the game doesn't revolve around moving your first character through EVERY faction by the time they hit VR1.

I dunno, the game was interesting-ish but not to any type of quality that the "TES" series was.

20 dollars, no more.
The default UI is the worst of any MMO ever made. The PC version is only playable if you use the more popular player made addons. Wykkyds entire collection is a good starting point. Those addons resolve pretty much all the major shortcomings of the default UI.

Supposedly the console version UI has been completely revamped based on all the negative feedback from the PC players.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love how having everyone riding around on tigers doesn't break immersion, but nameplates do. Paul Sage is a fucking retard.
One of the dumbest design decisions ever. Just give people the ability to turn the shit off if they hate it. Can't have nameplates but can have health bars and fucking strawberries over your head in PVP.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is this fun enough to buy and play through once when it's back down to 20 bucks?
If you're bored enough, mauled Skyrim + DLC + mods to the bone and don't care about PvP, probably. Otherwise I think it's a no go, PvP is a mindless, laggy gankfest with minimal incentive. You'd have more fun with SWTOR / Archeage right now.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I love how having everyone riding around on tigers doesn't break immersion, but nameplates do. Paul Sage is a fucking retard.
Was playing this back on original release, the group of people I was with were all pants on head retarded for this game. The guild / clan leader, who is a product designer for Facebook, was deep-throating this game for a long fucking time. Oddly enough they stayed subbed to the game for a long ass time only to really play (lose in) PvP which is a watered down version of GW2 (I don't even PvP in GW2).

I don't get it, I mean I know people on consoles will be jizzing on their Doritos over this game, but that is to be expected. Is the PC MMO market so bare that we need to pretend to like the shit thrown in front of us?

Krueger

Molten Core Raider
I don't get it, I mean I know people on consoles will be jizzing on their Doritos over this game, but that is to be expected. Is the PC MMO market so bare that we need to pretend to like the shit thrown in front of us?
A lot of my long-time MMO buddies just switch what game they're playing every month or two. Say they're enjoying each one for the grind to the top, but don't ever stick with anything long enough to see all of the deep issues in so many of the games.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Received a "ESO Has Grown - Play FREE and See What's New" email today. I gave up on this game during beta testing. Is it worth jumping in during their free weekend April 17-20?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Received a "ESO Has Grown ? Play FREE and See What?s New" email today. I gave up on this game during beta testing. Is it worth jumping in during their free weekend April 17-20?
Haha, no. Don't stoop to their level and vindicate their begging. Nameplates or bust.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Haha, no. Don't stoop to their level and vindicate their begging. Nameplates or bust.
About what I thought.... just curious. They are one of the few games I never really gave a chance out of beta. It usually takes a game 30 days post release to disappoint me.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just curious, is not having nameplates that game breaking? Never got around to playing this so I honestly don't know.

Also, if they did put them in, wouldn't that alienate the legions of fans from the single player game? Iirc, they were pretty upset about lack of viable first person before it was put in.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just tried playing again for a few hours. Not even trying to be funny but the lack of nameplates if just a killer for me and the shitty UI is a close 2nd. Without the nameplates its so hard to tell who is who and what is going on. When I walk into an area who si the NPC, PC, and mobs blends in. Why can't it at least be toggleable?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just curious, is not having nameplates that game breaking? Never got around to playing this so I honestly don't know.

Also, if they did put them in, wouldn't that alienate the legions of fans from the single player game? Iirc, they were pretty upset about lack of viable first person before it was put in.
Yes, it's mostly just endemic of more general and typical issue of developers being completely tone-deaf to the population.