The Elder Scrolls Online

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
dude... Anyone who RPGs frequently beat Dragon Age last December, and has had Witcher complete for weeks. Fallout 4 and Battlefront aren't out for over 130 days.
Yeah I agree. There's nothing to play once Dragon Age/Witcher 3 is beaten
smile.png

Anyway, ESO turned out to be pretty fun. Spent a few hours yesterday leveling and just fooling around. Seems like there is a ton of players playing. Last night was pretty crowded. I can understand both the critisism and the good stuff. Still it seems like a fun summer game.

The voice acting is preeeeeeeetty terrible though. All those lizards sounds like 100% wat-retards, but maybe they are supposed to? I am not really into the Elder Scrolls lore/races :p

Edit: Actually the auto-on voice chat is the only thing that really rustles my jimmies about this game so far.

spronk

FPS noob
theres also a bunch of PC only rpgs to check out, beyond wasteland 2 and pillars of eternity there are a couple ones that are supposed to be pretty cool and in early access like UnderrailUnderRail on Steamwhich is supposed to be pretty hardcore Fallout-ish. I don't know how you guys get through so many tho, I'm still playing GTA5 and DA:I, still haven't even started Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, or Pillars of Eternity.

I jump genres a lot though, will get super into driving games for a week or two and then play FPS for a while then Zelda etc

esloan_sl

shitlord
Some guy on Reddit compiled all the information we have so far on the next big update. Presented in faux-patch form, here they are:

Hey guys! With the massive slew of changes revealed in yesterday's ESO Live episode starring special guests Bill Mueller and Eric Wrobel, I've created a summary of what we know so far about the upcoming Update 7, presented in the form of patch notes
smile.png
Enjoy, and let me know if I missed anything!

Remember that these new things are NOT the complete list - the actual patch notes will be WAY bigger than this.

Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.1.0, our seventh major content update! We have many new things in store for you.

BIG CHANGES/UPDATES/NEW FEATURES

THE IMPERIAL CITY

The highly-anticipated Imperial City is here! Battle your way through the fallen capital of Tamriel in an all-new PvP experience. Imperial forces have routed the Daedra back into the city, and are calling all adventurers for aid in battling the threat - but the Alliance War continues to rage on in the city. War. War Never Changes.
The Imperial City is able to be accessed when your alliance controls all of their 6 home keeps. If a home keep is lost while players are inside the city, your alliance will be locked inside the city until they are all killed or all 6 home keeps are retaken.
The Imperial City's surface has 6 districts - the Market District, the Arboretum, the Temple District, the Elven Gardens, the Noble District, and the Arena. Some of these districts may be captured by your alliance.
Xivkyn, or Imperial Daedric, armor may be crafted exclusively in the Imperial City, and is quite powerful.
The city may be entered through the sewers located on City Isle. Each alliance has a base camp in the vast, multi-level underground network of tunnels. Close-quarters and small-scale PvP will be common in these levels of the city, as well as many opportunities for PvE.
The Arena is both PvE and PvP, but it is not instanced. It is predicted that many cross-faction duels will be taking place in the Arena.
The city contains many quests, daily quests, achievements, bosses, gear, weapons, crafting stations, and much more PvE activities.
Siege weapons are able to be used in the city.
Population is shared with the rest of Cyrodiil.

Veteran Rank 16

The Imperial City brings over 20 new item sets and a whole new tier of progression. Because of this new progression tier, the level cap has been raised to Veteran Rank 16.

Veteran System Changes

The amount of XP it takes to earn a Veteran Rank has been lowered to 850,000, down from 1 million.
The amount of XP earned from Veteran Quests, including the new Imperial City quests, has been raised by 50%.
The amount of XP earned from Veteran Public Dungeons has been doubled.
The amount of XP earned from all activities in Craglorn has been raised by 20%.
Veteran XP rewards across the board have been improved.
Overall, it will take far shorter to earn a Veteran Rank.

New Item Sets

Over 20 new item sets have been added to the game. This includes the Xivkyn armor that is found and crafted exclusively in the Imperial City.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War

Alongside the Imperial City, a whole slew of improvements and changes are being made to PvP. These include changes to campaign assignments, the Emperor system, Scoring, Underdog bonuses, Battle Leveling and campaigns in general.

Former Emperor bonuses have been removed. You will still have the title of Former Emperor, but all the buffs will no longer exist.

You will no longer have to spend SP on Emperor buffs.

The cooldown on changing your home campaign has been decreased to 12 hours, down from 3 days, but the cost has increased from 15,000 AP to 150,000 AP.

The cooldown on changing your guest campaign has been increased to 4 days, up from 3 days.

All PvP bonuses will now only apply in PvP areas, eliminating the concept of Buff Campaigns.

Underdog and low-population AP gains have been increased to 20% extra AP, up from 10%. Population polling has also been sped up so the bonuses can be applied more often, but this also means they will expire faster.

Battle Leveling has been adjusted to include Veteran Ranks. Players that opt into Battle Leveling will be roughly equivalent to a VR14 in moderate gear. However, Battle Leveling will now include a 50% reduction to overall damage, healing, and damage shields, as a part of the improvements to PvP combat.

Gate Jumping has been fixed, and Elder Scrolls may no longer be stolen while their gates are closed.

A number of changes have been made to PvP combat so there is more capacity for reaction time and using skills. This means that there will be no more FPS-style kills where you're pretty much screwed if you don't hit first, and overall will make PvP combat feel like more of a tactical system rather than a frantic button-mashing contest.

A number of changes have been made to scoring and keep ownership across all campaigns.

Azura's Star: Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate 1 point each per scoring cycle and last 30 days.

Blackwater Blade: Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate 1 point each per scoring cycle and last 5 days. (Non-Veterans only.)

Chillrend: Keeps, outposts, and resources will generate zero points. Ownership of Elder Scrolls will generate 1 point per scoring cycle and last 7 days.

Haderus: Keeps, outposts, and Elder Scrolls will generate zero points. Ownership of resources will generate 1 point per scoring cycle and last 7 days.

Thornblade: Resources, outposts, and Elder Scrolls will generate zero points. Ownership of keeps will generate 1 point per scoring cycle and last 7 days.

All Console Campaigns: Ownership of keeps, resources, Elder Scrolls, and outposts will generate 1 point each per scoring cycle and last 5 days. (Non-Veterans Only)

Audio and Sound

Combat music has been improved (Thank you, ZOS!). The music in combat is now dynamic, and will increase and decrease in intensity based on how many enemies you are facing. For example, if you're facing one lone mudcrab, the music will be less intense, but in, say, a large-scale PvP situation or at a Dark Anchor the music will be very intense and epic. (Zenimax, THANK YOU!)

Some new enhancements to music to indicate when you're at low health or you're fighting a boss.

Some cool new soundtracks have been recorded for the Imperial City.

New soundtracks have been added to all the default vanilla zones.

Combat and Gameplay

All leaderboards have been wiped.
Scaling costs have been introduced for roll-dodging, similar to how Bolt Escape works. Every time you roll-dodge, the next time you do it in a certain period of time the cost will increase by 33%. A visual effect will show when the scaling cooldown ends.
You will no longer regenerate stamina while blocking.
Nirnhoned will now only apply to the piece of gear it is applied on.
All players will now have the same taunt immunity timer. However, things like potions, Templar spears and Earthen Heart abilities can still be used to regenerate stamina while blocking.
A number of fixes have been introduced for Weapon traits.
A number of fixes to broken Champion passives e.g Arcane Well have been introduced.
Werewolf and Vampire posion/fire weaknesses have been reduced to 25%, down from 50%.
Taunts have been changed. If the target was taunted by the same player the boss will keep aggro on him. Taunt duration was not changed, but now occasional multiple taunts from one player will not make the boss go out of control. As soon as another player taunts the boss it will work as it was before, so you can't play ping-pong with bosses anymore without consequences.

Dragonknight

Stonefist: The range of this ability has been increased to 28 meters.
Obsidian Shard: The damage of Obsidian Shard has been slightly reduced, but it will now restore health.
The resource gain from the Battle Roar passive now scales off of all 3 resources' max values, not just Magicka.

Nightblade

Single-target attacks against a Shadow-Cloaked Nightblade will no longer break them out of stealth. AoE abilities, however, will still remove the Shadow Cloak.
Grim Focus: Spectral Bow will now be active after 4 attacks, rather than 7.
The bonus damage from Agony has been increased to 5% per second, up from 3% per second.

Templar

The damage on Radiant Destruction has been decreased overall when not in execute range, but the first tick will now always be a critical.
Fixed an animation issue with Focused Charge.
Rushed Ceremony: the wax on/wax off animation will be faster. Furthermore, Honor the Dead will now restore magicka when healing a target below 70% health, up from 50%.
The speed of the projectile from Sun Fire and its morphs has been increased.

Sorcerer

Bolt Escape may now only be used 2-3 times before running out of magicka.
Lightning Form now has a stamina-based morph.
Mages' Fury: The execute damage on this ability has been increased by 10%.
The cost of Surge has been decreased and its duration has been increased.

Miscellaneous Abilities

Thrown Dagger will now give the Major Brutality buff, like the Momentum ability from the Two-Handed skill line.
The damage of each tick on Volley and its morphs has been increased.
The duration of Wall of Elements has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.5.
Vigor and Guard are now easier to obtain.
The damage on Magicka Detonation has been increased.

Miscellaneous

A massive slew of bugs, animations and many other such things have been fixed all over the game.
Tons of UI improvements
Lots of polishing and QoL improvements.

This list will be updated over time as more info is revealed about the update
smile.png
You can find the threadhttps://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...e_know_so_far/

Blackwulf

N00b
Looks like things headed in right direction. I also heard rumors that the imperial city has multiple zones and one of them is an arena where you you enter an instance to fight players from opposing realms. If that's true, I'm gonna have to try it.

I guess having several of the people that pissed me off fired, and seeing actual pvp improvements planned has cooled my rage a bit. I guess it all depends on if something better is out by the time they implement updates.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's been a week since the official news came out that Paul Sage was no longer working at ZOS. No sign of Utnayan during that time so either he has died in real life or he has been poopsocking TESO on the PS4 for the past week in celebration of Sage's departure.

spronk

FPS noob
imperial editions are on amazon warehouse for ps4/xbone for $75

gamestop is also offering $48 trade in value till july 12th if you want to trade this in. must be pur pro, might need a coupon code in your email

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's been a week since the official news came out that Paul Sage was no longer working at ZOS. No sign of Utnayan during that time so either he has died in real life or he has been poopsocking TESO on the PS4 for the past week in celebration of Sage's departure.
Stop trying to provoke Ut.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hello,

I am out of the office from June 26th to July 8th on a cross country vacation from badlands, to estes park, to moab utah, to the Grand Canyon, to royal gorge, back to Estes park and then to rapid city returning to my posting habits by Thursday July 9th. Please leave a message. If your matter is urgent, you can find me in estes park on a four wheeler in the mountains or tonight around 7 mountain time at beau Jo's pizza in Idaho springs.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Hello,

I am out of the office from June 26th to July 8th on a cross country vacation from badlands, to estes park, to moab utah, to the Grand Canyon, to royal gorge, back to Estes park and then to rapid city returning to my posting habits by Thursday July 9th. Please leave a message. If your matter is urgent, you can find me in estes park on a four wheeler in the mountains or tonight around 7 mountain time at beau Jo's pizza in Idaho springs.
That's a pretty extravagant way to celebrate Paul Sage's departure.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
at beau Jo's pizza in Idaho springs.
Lucky sumbitch! Used to go to the one in Colorado Springs when I was stationed there (appears it's closed down now). Amazing pizza, all you can eat, with a bunch of soldiers. We'd clean the place out. Probably why they had to close!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lucky sumbitch! Used to go to the one in Colorado Springs when I was stationed there (appears it's closed down now). Amazing pizza, all you can eat, with a bunch of soldiers. We'd clean the place out. Probably why they had to close!
At the one in Fort Collins as I post actually. Killing time!

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
quick question - (sorry if I overlooked it) but did they change yet how to handle the inventory system ? I played at release but after a short while I was spending more time to manage my inventory with different chars and joining 5 guilds to see if I can sell something as my bank was totally full .... this was so annoying that I stopped that and was hoping they bring at least a global or serverwide auction house ... any progress here ?

Blackwulf

N00b
nothing has changed with the inventory or auction houses.
Actually, to be fair, some things have improved with inventory: You train a mount "skill" now, so you are able to have 60 in carry capacity as well as 60 in speed and stamina (eventually) - so you can improve your bag space without gimping your speed. They increased the stack size of most ingredients and crafting materials to 200. They created a a collections tab that takes some shit out of your inventory like unique outfits, mounts, pets. Other than that, yeah, it's still terrible, and you'll be playing your inventory for about 20% of your game time.