The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This game looks average. We shall see if this version of the hero engine isn't complete dogshit

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Oh boy, DAOC was sure fun as a caster! ****your casting has been interrupted because someone was looking at you funny 50 yards away***

And I can't tell if you're serious about thinking one shot kills from an invisible guy, who stays invisible, is perfectly fine in a pvp game.

But enough with the DAOC derail for me; Will this be F2P once you buy the box? I think sub based games are all but gone now, unless they can match that EQ1 server's GM interaction rate(whatever the server name was that cost 50$ a month)
Let's not forget that even though it was easy to interrupt a caster, for some casters like Wizzies/Runies/Elds, that was necessary because they could 1/2 shot you as bolt based spells were pretty vicious when they would land.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
are the beta signups, when you send it in, is it timing out the page?

Basically im asking has anyone gotten confirmation of their beta Application from the site?
I am wondering if we keep haveing to resend it to we get the message on the site , instead of timing out, that beta application was received etc?

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
AlekseiFL, I got the same thing when I tried signing up. Very annoying cause I wrote some very nice reasons for them to choose me. :p

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I've tried twice, both times I get to the page that says "Turn back Adventurer" or whatever. I'll try again later and see if it gives some kind of confirmation or if I get an email confirmation.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
AlekseiFL, I got the same thing when I tried signing up. Very annoying cause I wrote some very nice reasons for them to choose me. :p
Yah, the 1st , 2 submits think it timed out, so now all the special shit wrote to get picked very early, saved on my desktop and 1 my laptops, untill can get this shit to take.

I love elder scrolls single player games have played them all, back in the day, same with bards tale and quest for glory series etc.

I however think this game but total Fail starting with the alpha or beta version of the hero engine , if it has it as they have side steped ala Tortanic all the time, Yugo is still Yugo dont care how much you rebuild it.

Thax_sl

shitlord
ToA had mixed reviews -- the main problem was that people did not want to have to do PvE to compete in PvP. I will agree with you in that regard. Crowd control was a necessity from the sheer size of some of the fights. You could only get two shotted by one class and that was by rogues. Of course you need buffs to compete. The only problem I hated with buffs is the fact that you could only use them to a certain amount (like 6-8 spells max).

The fact that they removed one-shot kills and staying stealth from rogues is what was retarded. Being assassinated without seeing your killer was sweet.

edit: When they fixed sorcerers and healers in the very beginning, that's when things got better. No more chain stun and mass AE killing.

edit 2: Hibernia for life, too. ;-) Well, and Midgard, lol.
There were certainly a lot of mechanics issues with DAOC, but the main reason for the exodus from the game on my server (Kay) was TOA. It was just such a major shift in the gameplay that the player-base did not want. Instead of fixing broken mechanics they decided it was a great idea to make a PVP game a PVE raid game. Then they did the same thing with NF, in that it changed the way the game was played. It was really crazy... all the stuff the players said was broken... they said it was working right... then they "fixed" the shit that was working great as is.

WoW never killed DAOC. Mythic did a good enough job that they didn't need Blizzard's help.

So do they carry that same broke-ass philosophy today? Probably so, they never learned from their mistakes back then, I don't expect them to now.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still getting the "Turn Back, Adventurer" page after completing my registration. Anyone getting some kind of confirmation after signing up?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just wonder what the balance of content is going to be at the endgame. There's going to be heroic dungeons, raids, and giant pvp zones... but it usually ends up with one getting the majority of new content. I personally like PvE raiding so it wouldn't bother me if it's set up more like vanilla WoW. I just hope they don't go the route of dividing gear into 2 categories of pve and pvp - making one completely useless in the other. That's why I never pvp'd in Rift.

Vim_sl

shitlord
I'm still getting the "Turn Back, Adventurer" page after completing my registration. Anyone getting some kind of confirmation after signing up?
I got a confirmation email.

I have no idea, but it seems to me this would be a more PvE oriented game? But I guess you could argue it could be the opposite, we shall see.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I honestly believe that unless you are blizzard and can piss away all the money you like on a CGI trailer, you shouldn't be wasting fucking money on a CGI trailer.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Managed to complete the signup on 2nd try, forgot to turn off adblock for the page I think is the reason why I ran into the first problem. I dont know what is needed to get a good rank in the beta signup, but I got Above Average despite trying almost all MMOs listed, beta tested 4 different MMOs and have a pretty decent laptop to play it on.

Vim_sl

shitlord
I typed 2 paragraphs, clicked most of the options and mine filled the bar. This shit hasn't gone viral yet, so I think we're good on the queue.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I honestly believe that unless you are blizzard and can piss away all the money you like on a CGI trailer, you shouldn't be wasting fucking money on a CGI trailer.
This is already starting out like SWTOR...

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
This is already starting out like SWTOR...
I was thinking the exact same thing...

Can anyone explain the video? Is there something going on there? I see the elves, what I assume are nords, and an imperial? Or is it the three archetypes, caster, warrior, thief? It looks like a Blur video, which I remember hearing somewhere they charge $1M a minute. So I hope it was money well spent.