The Elder Scrolls Online

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Jimmies confirmed rustled.
QKElsEW.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So apparently you can only break the NDAs with words, why not pictures or videos? I mean the only actual ingame material we've seen is the leaked "outdated and totally not representative of the current game" video from a couple of months ago, as well as the obvious promotional stuff which no one can count on(and they still haven't shown combat either so that doesn't help their case). I'd be more willing to believe the magical patches and the state of the game if I could actually see it, over having someone who just registered tell me that everything is fine, shill or no shill.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Special case with TesoTester. He's not saying anything he didn't say before on BetaCake and I suspect Draegan thinks the entertainment value is worth it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing with me is that I want this game to be good. I am however getting tired of NDA's. It was one thing to have them if you were introducing ideas that other companies might add into thier new game at the same time. Since there are no other good games coming out near when this one does(Save Wildstar), why is an NDA needed unless the game is utter crap. Lets look at another game that is coming out where the developers are fucking bragging about thier game....HEX. The developers of HEX are excited about thier game and are more than willing to show off the aspects of the game that are completed. Because I am able to see thier ideas, I get a chance to critique them and become excited right along with them. HEX is an example of how to market a game correctly.

I have seen nothing at all that excites me about this game which means one of two things. Either the game is still 2+ years away from being completed or the game is going to be horrible on release. This pattern has shown itself way to often with new MMO's in the last 10 years to not be an accurate judge of what to expect. I have saved hundreds of dollars on games from either coming to these boards or not buying a game that felt a need to be under an NDA for an extended amount of time. This game is yet another I will not even consider spending any money on unless the NDA is fully lifted or players on this board give it a solid review.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm pretty sure this game will be another SWTOR. Terrible at release and be obvious that it needed another year to cook. SWTOR, now, is a decent enough game.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Isn't the game engine HERO or some altered version of Hero Engine ? It was quite painful during SWTOR beta and launch (instances, instances everywhere). Also about graphics, on the 20mn leak video you clearly can see graphic options are set to Ultra, I guess they made a pass on graphics too, just like with animations ? To be honest I'm quite skeptical when I read "game engine is rock solid" when it's clear endgame content hasn't been tested yet. It's like watching some random movie 2mn trailer and say "this movie is awesome".
People love to blame the hero engine, but the devs for Star Wars took it before it was done and heavily modified it. Also the primary point of the hero engine is ease of development not coding efficiency.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/he...eets-starwars/

JordanJax_sl

shitlord
I could say the same for you, except replace the word developer with Utnayan. Keep on grunge posting buddy. In the meantime, tell me once when I was wrong about any developer or game. From Vanguard, Schilling, the Rhode Island scam, the EQ expansion debates, or anything about Koster, Firor, Schilling, McQuaid, Danuser, or Vogel.

Ready? Go find it. Then come back and talk some more about calling out bullshit when I see it well in advance of public knowledge and watching you deflect it with trolling.

Ok see ya!
You predict failure in a business that churns out failure 90% of the time. Good fucking job Nastradamus!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure this game will be another SWTOR. Terrible at release and be obvious that it needed another year to cook. SWTOR, now, is a decent enough game.
I'd sure want to do a podcast with you if I were from the TESO team!

My whole initial point with Ut was simply that I enjoyed feedback from the various dev teams, and even the PR shills. It added a dimension to FOH that isn't here. I'd imagine if I ran a junkies type network I'd want to foster that sort of environment on my forums, not one in where developers are raked across the coals for games still being developed so we can keep it real.

The simple truth is the reason a few threads are so much more toxic than others isn't due to 'us', it's solely do to a couple people going absolutely apeshit on those threads I'm surprised Jacobs gave you a podcast, and I'd bet you didn't bring up your concurring with Denaut that all his 'design' ideas are absolute rubbish and his game will be terrible.

It's your board dude, but it's a shame that this is in no way the environment early FOH was for MMO people.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched that leaked 20 min video on TSO. I had high hopes for this because I loved Skyrim's world but after watching that video, well to say it looks clunky and bad would be putting it kindly. I was more impressed with beta Vanguard footage back in 2005. In all honesty the gameplay I just watched looked worse then an 8 year old mmo.

Sad to see that.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Convo can you link it man? I have trouble navigating the Junkies sites for whatever reason. (Not personally, I mean literally. Stupid proxy bullshit required & it's a pain in the ass.)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

My whole initial point with Ut was simply that I enjoyed feedback from the various dev teams, and even the PR shills. It added a dimension to FOH that isn't here. I'd imagine if I ran a junkies type network I'd want to foster that sort of environment on my forums, not one in where developers are raked across the coals for games still being developed so we can keep it real.

The simple truth is the reason a few threads are so much more toxic than others isn't due to 'us', it's solely do to a couple people going absolutely apeshit on those threads I'm surprised Jacobs gave you a podcast, and I'd bet you didn't bring up your concurring with Denaut that all his 'design' ideas are absolute rubbish and his game will be terrible.

It's your board dude, but it's a shame that this is in no way the environment early FOH was for MMO people.
You're out of your mind if you think devs don't come here or anywhere because of Ut. Almost every other single MMO thread has positive discussion in it. People mostly can smell a pile of crap a mile away. And unless TESO starts producing some game videos outside of 20 seconds of someone in first person picking up trash objects, the devs are going to have to deal with bullshit.

I asked Jacobs all those questions, and almost everyone he answers "He doesn't care." Like when I asked him about class balance, he said, "I don't care, I'm saying right now before you play the game, this is how it's gonna be and that's that." What do you want me to do at that point? I'm not going to berate people during an interview because that's how you never get interviews again; when you become hostile.

In the end, yes it's my board (not really, you don't really own this community), but I'm not going to go around and ban people for saying such and such game sucks or this dev is retarded. It's exactly the same environment that early FOH was. Not sure what you think it was back then. The internet is bigger now, and MMORPGs are main stream gaming. This isn't 2002 when there are only like a few games ever. Devs are going to stick to their own environments and not really branch out and talk to people in other places.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Where is this FoH board you describe? Many games are raked across the coals on this board when they suck and rightfully so. It is the reason I COME TO THIS BOARD. There is no sugar coating a situation. If you would like to see the all time classic epic golden example of this from the past, please look in the direction of "Vangaurd". That game got hammered because it rightfully deserved to be. This game is getting hammered because it rightfully deserves to be. I am more then willing to entertain the possibility that this game could turn it around, but until something comes out that changes my mind, I will assume this game has a long long way to go.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any dev that comes to a website is promoting the game and nothing more. There was never any serious discussion and never will be. They might ask for feedback on some minor things but that's about it. Remember how Hartsman was all over FOH and as soon as Rift launched he vanished like a fart in the wind. He was doing his job to promote the game.

Just ask yourself how many things in a MMO are you flexible on. Now imagine you are actually making the game you want to make. You mean to tell me you are gonna actually listen to what people say on a message board? Since when does anyone around here change their minds on anything?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ugh can we please exchange this mmo for the 2 other expansions we were rumored to get for Skyrim before they pulled the team off of it.

tesotester_sl

shitlord
So apparently you can only break the NDAs with words, why not pictures or videos? I mean the only actual ingame material we've seen is the leaked "outdated and totally not representative of the current game" video from a couple of months ago, as well as the obvious promotional stuff which no one can count on(and they still haven't shown combat either so that doesn't help their case). I'd be more willing to believe the magical patches and the state of the game if I could actually see it, over having someone who just registered tell me that everything is fine, shill or no shill.
Its not a magic patch.

Textures and animations got updated. Graphics got sharper.

Still plenty of other issues, most of the bigger stuff is really good though.

They can ban this account I really don't care and frankly its the sites loss if they do if only slightly. I imagine they are letting it go to see if they can figure anything more about who it really is. Since Draegen isn't getting any blow jobs from TESO like from Scott he really doesn't care. Since he is in Wildstar beta he cares. He isn't consistent.

tesotester_sl

shitlord
The thing with me is that I want this game to be good. I am however getting tired of NDA's. It was one thing to have them if you were introducing ideas that other companies might add into thier new game at the same time. Since there are no other good games coming out near when this one does(Save Wildstar), why is an NDA needed unless the game is utter crap. Lets look at another game that is coming out where the developers are fucking bragging about thier game....HEX. The developers of HEX are excited about thier game and are more than willing to show off the aspects of the game that are completed. Because I am able to see thier ideas, I get a chance to critique them and become excited right along with them. HEX is an example of how to market a game correctly.

I have seen nothing at all that excites me about this game which means one of two things. Either the game is still 2+ years away from being completed or the game is going to be horrible on release. This pattern has shown itself way to often with new MMO's in the last 10 years to not be an accurate judge of what to expect. I have saved hundreds of dollars on games from either coming to these boards or not buying a game that felt a need to be under an NDA for an extended amount of time. This game is yet another I will not even consider spending any money on unless the NDA is fully lifted or players on this board give it a solid review.
Its early beta and there are some shitty bugs and issues that need to be fixed. That is likely why there is a NDA. Why it remains to launch is usually because the game sucks and obviously leaks are ususally available to show just that.

I was one that leaked and kind of shit all over TOR on FOH. Caught tons of shit and bad feedback and people were so pissed. The game was a cool single player play though with half ass MMO elements and depending on side decent story with lots of busy shit in between. Especially as you got higher up. Then the end game planets weren't finished close to launch. More or less what I said. People got riled right the fuck up too. Especially Lone Ranger.