The Elder Scrolls Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been playing this casually... is there a way to get a better UI set up? I don't need much, but the base UI is just atrocious in terms of providing no information at all to what's going on. I turned on SCT but that's been about it. The mods on Twitch are all several years old and several broke the game to the point of unplayability, but I did install the skyshards/lorebooks.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look for a program called Minion. Its an easy way to search through all kinds of mods for ESO including a lot of different UI set ups.

Xerge

<Donor>
Been playing this casually... is there a way to get a better UI set up? I don't need much, but the base UI is just atrocious in terms of providing no information at all to what's going on. I turned on SCT but that's been about it. The mods on Twitch are all several years old and several broke the game to the point of unplayability, but I did install the skyshards/lorebooks.

If you go back some pages I made a post regarding this -- there's also a screenshot of my UI which is very familiar to other MMO's. Any questions feel free to ask a way

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

What specifically do you want? There are a number of mods , but it depends exactly what you are looking for. The base game is designed with a minimalist feel, and pretty much provides everything you could want, unless you are doing hard mode vet content, in which case Code Combat Alerts and maybe a cooldown alert are good mods to have. You really don't "need" much else.

I personally use a mod to help with item pricing for trading, one to add more pins to the in game map for finding shit, the aforementioned combat alerts for raids (in the past I've used buff bars and action cooldown alerts, but find they aren't needed much anymore)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
The next update was previewed live yesterday. The biggest gameplay change is the Set Collection and transmute system changes. Collecting item sets will now be account wide and permanently added to a 'collection' of sorts and you will be able to reconstruct any set item, any trait, for the cost of transmute crystals. They're effectively expanding on the transmute crystal system so it's not for the endgame/elite while making them a more accessible currency -- the quantity a player can hold is changing to 500/1000 for eso plus subs. Sounds like a really cool change and adds more depth.

alt

I really hope 2021 is all about group content though. Another solo arena was announced in the format of a dungeon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The next update was previewed live yesterday. The biggest gameplay change is the Set Collection and transmute system changes. Collecting item sets will now be account wide and permanently added to a 'collection' of sorts and you will be able to reconstruct any set item, any trait, for the cost of transmute crystals. They're effectively expanding on the transmute crystal system so it's not for the endgame/elite while making them a more accessible currency -- the quantity a player can hold is changing to 500/1000 for eso plus subs. Sounds like a really cool change and adds more depth.

alt

I really hope 2021 is all about group content though. Another solo arena was announced in the format of a dungeon.

The transmog system is something I never really picked up on. I always just kind of took what I looked like and rolled with it. Burning set doesnt look bad in my mind anyways. I know there are outfits, but yea.. the way that system is right now is either convoluted or sucks outright.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Hoping this means a better handling of stuff like the engine and such of future games. The people at the reins of the games just seemed like they were trying to cut corners however they could to appease the higher ups.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hoping this means a better handling of stuff like the engine and such of future games. The people at the reins of the games just seemed like they were trying to cut corners however they could to appease the higher ups.

Yeah ZeniMax are a bunch of cocksuckers. This is the best possible outcome for the game.

Xerge

<Donor>
eso's transmog system is pretty simple -- your character learns 'motifs' which unlock appearances that are part of style collections. Motifs come from dlc dailies and some vet. dlc dungeon bosses drop them too, cosmetic store, in game events, etc. items can drop in various styles, or sometimes in a specific style only. Then there's dyes, hats, costumes, andwhatever the fuck else.

the new system lets collector types to officially 'collect' the plethora of item sets that drop in the game and create character bound copies for a cost.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
PTS notes are out

A new way to manage Item Set pieces! No more storing hundreds and hundreds of Item Set pieces on bank alts. Once an Item Set piece has been collected, Transmute Stations will allow you to reconstruct an infinite amount of copies of that piece for only a small Transmute Crystal cost.
  • The “Sticker Book”
    • Under the Collections menu, you’ll find a new tab called “Sets” that categorizes all the dropped Item Sets in the game. By acquiring and binding an Item Set piece to your character, you will unlock the “sticker” of that slot.
    • As you collect more pieces, the progress bars will slowly increase and the Transmute Crystal cost to reconstruct them will decrease, encouraging you to collect all the pieces of each Item Set.
    • The first time you log in to each of your characters, it will automatically detect all bound Item Set pieces they are holding and add them to the sticker book. Be sure to log in with every one of your characters that is holding Item Sets!
    • Keep in mind this new sticker book is not storage – you are free to do whatever you wish with the original item, such as selling to a vendor or deconstructing it. You also don’t need to worry about the item’s trait or quality, since you can choose those when you reconstruct it.
  • Reconstruction
    • At a Transmute Station, you’ll find a new tab called “Reconstruction” that allows you to effortlessly recreate any Item Set piece you have added to your sticker book.
    • Reconstruction only costs Transmute Crystals when you create the item at the regular quality it drops at, but you can choose to spend additional crafting boosters to upgrade its quality. You also can pick any trait for the item that you have researched for that slot at no cost (not even a trait stone is needed).
    • The cost is variable depending on how many pieces of that set you have collected – you get bonuses to the cost to make it cheaper if you collect more pieces. It costs 75 Transmute Crystals when you only have 1 piece of that Item Set, and 25 Transmute Crystals once you have collected every single piece of that Item Set.
    • Your newly-created item will be marked as “reconstructed” and cannot be traded or sold, but you can deconstruct it to get a small refund of 25 Transmute Crystals.

• 1Solidarity

Xerge

<Donor>
Log in over the next 2 weeks if you own greymoor and claim free shit like a house. Just open the crownstore and the free bundle of goods is available.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
ESO plus free trial starts today, runs until the 19th. Literally enough time to bang up some content if you missed anything. You won't have access to Greymoor content though. Still one of the best world's to fuck around in. Plus the in-game housing rivals some survival RPG's (hi, conan exiles), meanwhile eso recently implemented house guests and scripted pathing for your pets and house guests. ESO is really a subtle creeper and zos is trying.

Personally excited for next patch.

link for all the instant accessible collectibles while subbed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ESO plus free trial starts today, runs until the 19th. Literally enough time to bang up some content if you missed anything. You won't have access to Greymoor content though. Still one of the best world's to fuck around in. Plus the in-game housing rivals some survival RPG's (hi, conan exiles), meanwhile eso recently implemented house guests and scripted pathing for your pets and house guests. ESO is really a subtle creeper and zos is trying.

Personally excited for next patch.

new dlc?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Any recommonded sites that a good 1 stop shop for content particularly a new player?

Also brief random readings suggest Sorc is a bad dps? Usually play a nuker so was going to give that a go as my 1st character. If i stick around definitely want to do some pvp as well as raiding. Like any man daddy has an e-peen and likes big numbers so rather not play a weakling class as i learn (sure meta shifts obviously).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
hmm so i bought the ESO plus and the expansion and logged in and I can't make a necro, says I need to buy the class? What type of garbage is this, 14 a month and i still have to pay for a class?

• 1Worf