The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That is 100% correct and why it is such a shit show. Add to the fact that they think they will be able to mix guilds together, when people can be in 5 guilds at a time and the player made guilds are not alliance dependent. So you can be in any alliance across 5 guilds in an RvR game. And right now, they are planning on keeping guilds together and friends lists dependent on the instance pick. Which they are having huge problems implementing so they cannot get that to work right either.
rolleyes.png
But, to combat that, you can switch out to any instance of cyrodil you want too.

Blackwulf, softcap my ass. 2500 until the new instance spawns and that is what is at key argument here is, as that is what will impact RvR.

But yes Tuco to answer your question, there is no meaningful impact in RvR on The Elder Scrolls Instanced Online. They plan on implementing a gold charge (Haha) as a penalty to switch instances and then put a timer on it so they cannot do it again for another week. With battles supposedly lasting months at a time, all you have to do is switch to another, or easily exploit a winning losing battle with guild sabotage. Either way, the RvR itself has no impact on the main world outside of Cyrodil, and it is so random/dynamic that it doesn't have any impact on Cyrodil itself because it has about the same persistence level as a game of Call of Duty on a 360.
fuck that. Either make the PVP world uninstanced or have servers and make it uninstanced. This ambiguous mix of the two is just peer to peer gaming.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
fuck that. Either make the PVP world uninstanced or have servers and make it uninstanced. This ambiguous mix of the two is just peer to peer gaming.
Totally and 100% agree. They would win some favor if they had static servers. Especially when some people come in here and start comparing it to DAOC, which it will be NOTHING like when DAOC was actually fun before they pulled the new frontiers crap.

Blackwulf

N00b
Sorry guys..super busy today with some training. Couple things: switching instances in cyrodil is most definitely not done "on the fly." Devs are on record saying that you can change your campaign but it will difficult, costly, and on a significant timer.

This will differ from gw2, in my opinion, because rvr in ESO will actually get you things like new skills.

Finally, not sure why some people say the graphics look awful and others say stunning. Maybe builds and different pc stats. I can't say a lot more because Draegan values the NDA (me too, btw.)

Back to work! Play safe!

Lord Blanco_sl

shitlord
Totally and 100% agree. They would win some favor if they had static servers. Especially when some people come in here and start comparing it to DAOC, which it will be NOTHING like when DAOC was actually fun before they pulled the new frontiers crap.
Hopefully the cost and timer is extreme to switch instances. otherwise youre right, this campaign switching will never work

btw... new frontiers wasnt so bad! It's not like we could fight in emain macha and guard 2 milegates forever
smile.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
My point is at the end of the day if the game plays poorly and/or combat sucks, all the good design decisions won't mean jack.

It's like the same idiots from EQ2 early on are in a board meeting plotting this game, without a one of them being actual fans or players of MMOs.

Loco_sl

shitlord
I appreciate that they are going this route instead of a F2P with micro-transactions. Now, I just hope they push back the release and put out a good product.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I want to fucking explore when I hit cap. Every fucking nook and cranny of this place is going to be explored. I hope it ends up being possible and not just some gay instance fest or mapped out pile of shit like every other MMO out now.
Nope. Instanced or not, it'll be mapped out before it goes live with full video walkthroughs on ESOHead, ESOZAM and ESOJunkies (complete with people in the comments asking the equivalent of "Wear R MANKIRKS WIVES??!!?!??".

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I want to fucking explore when I hit cap. Every fucking nook and cranny of this place is going to be explored. I hope it ends up being possible and not just some gay instance fest or mapped out pile of shit like every other MMO out now.
Exploration will be rewarded when leveling up. Basically instead of having breadcrumbs to the next quest segments, you will see points of interest and will go there to see more quests. But the zones are level limited. That's one good thing they can do if they do it right, but mixing theme park with this doesn't tend to work. Gamers get confused and don't understand why it isn't one way or another.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious about one thing though : Cyrodiil aside, how do you travel between leveling zones ? Are there gateways like Guild Wars 2 or SWTOR or is the game seamless like WoW ? Like I'm in "Noobland lvl1-5" and I wanna go to "Noobland lvl6-10", will I have a loading screen or go through a gateway, or can I just go to one zone from another from any place ?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My point is at the end of the day if the game plays poorly and/or combat sucks, all the good design decisions won't mean jack.

It's like the same idiots from EQ2 early on are in a board meeting plotting this game, without a one of them being actual fans or players of MMOs.
True, but the reverse also holds. If at the end of the day the game is fun and keeps people playing for months, then all the bunched up panties in this thread won't mean a thing.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
True, but the reverse also holds. If at the end of the day the game is fun and keeps people playing for months, then all the bunched up panties in this thread won't mean a thing.
Not following you here. If the base of the game is fucked, then I fail to see how it could hold anyone's attention. I'll go back to the EQ2 example, in which they had a wonderful design document, made by a bunch of pro's... none who seemed to actually be playing the game. It looked great on paper but was just not entertaining.

I guess this game could be more tailored for consoles. That said, I'd challenge the developers of this game to play Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma and then play their game for an hour.

I can't believe their QA or feedback people haven't told them how awful their combat is, and that they haven't tried to fix it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I can't believe their QA or feedback people haven't told them how awful their combat is, and that they haven't tried to fix it.
Their internal people do not say anything for fear of pissing someone off up the chain that made the decisions to move forward with this retarded mess. And that is the problem with top down development from people who don't know their head from a hole in the ground. The other feedback are folks whistling dixie up their asses too, and no one ever says, "Hey guys... This sucks" because they are "talking to a developer whoohoo!"

Carl_sl

shitlord
Not following you here. If the base of the game is fucked, then I fail to see how it could hold anyone's attention. I'll go back to the EQ2 example, in which they had a wonderful design document, made by a bunch of pro's... none who seemed to actually be playing the game. It looked great on paper but was just not entertaining.

I guess this game could be more tailored for consoles. That said, I'd challenge the developers of this game to play Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma and then play their game for an hour.

He's saying this thread is full of turd burglers who have no idea what the game is about spouting off shit that isn't in any way in game and saying they hate this imaginary design decision they just made up, and if the game is good, those same turd burglers will be shut up. Problem is, I don't think even a perfect copy of skyrim gameplay with perfect multiplayer mmo uninstanced features would be good enough for the mmo community because they are too busy tearing everything down and telling themselves they hate everything to just sit down and enjoy a game.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I appreciate that they are going this route instead of a F2P with micro-transactions. Now, I just hope they push back the release and put out a good product.
Paying for the game and having the $15 a month sub made me lose interest in even trying the game out.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hope they stick with a sub based model even if it's just a few months. Nothing will boost my arguments against sub-based games having any viable advantages over non-subbed than this game would. Talk about a complete money grab from the get go. C'mon Bethesda! Make my arguments for me!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
He's saying this thread is full of turd burglers who have no idea what the game is about spouting off shit that isn't in any way in game and saying they hate this imaginary design decision they just made up, and if the game is good, those same turd burglers will be shut up. Problem is, I don't think even a perfect copy of skyrim gameplay with perfect multiplayer mmo uninstanced features would be good enough for the mmo community because they are too busy tearing everything down and telling themselves they hate everything to just sit down and enjoy a game.
Because the MMORPG genre has been just this great pinnacle of industry design.
rolleyes.png