The Elder Scrolls Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 395246
They have some really good cinematics. But the more I see of them, the less they remind me of Elder Scrolls for whatever reason.
A card game, lol.
Maybe there will be in-game buffs to winning them against certain NPC's? But I guess its another collection reason to go back into some of the older parts of the world past sky shards.

Xerge

<Donor>
They have some really good cinematics. But the more I see of them, the less they remind me of Elder Scrolls for whatever reason.

Maybe there will be in-game buffs to winning them against certain NPC's? But I guess its another collection reason to go back into some of the older parts of the world past sky shards.
They mentioned transmute shards which is kind of a big deal.

Burns

This game has a free 2 weeks promo going for it's whatever year anniversary (one week left). I haven't played it since the open beta, so gave it a shot.

Currently at level 20 (mage) in Daggerfall and have lost almost all interest in continuing. Combat is still as bland as it was in beta, and bag space is limited, so it is difficult to muck about with trade skills due to the mountains of alchemy, cooking, smithing, and furniture mats.

Xerge

<Donor>
playing without the crafting bag is a no no unless youre end game chilling. Bland combat is one thing I agree with, unless youre into perfecting your rotation and being the best, eso's combat isn't very attracting to most.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing this? Played back in the day around launch/morrowind time frame, started a new dude now and holy fuck, just an overwhelming amount of content, easy to get lost in this.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing this? Played back in the day around launch/morrowind time frame, started a new dude now and holy fuck, just an overwhelming amount of content, easy to get lost in this.

I fired it up, and paid for the necro unlock but was free to play otherwise. I didn't make it far; it's decent looking for an older MMO but just kind of dull.

Burns

I played for about 5 days of the free 2 weeks, up to level 21, and lost interest. Tried to log in yesterday, to see if they at least let you keep the base game, but nope, gotta pay, so uninstalled.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fired it up, and paid for the necro unlock but was free to play otherwise. I didn't make it far; it's decent looking for an older MMO but just kind of dull.
Have played this a few times over the years. Never got very far but I enjoyed it at first. But now it just doesn't grab. Even my brother, big Elder Scrolls fan, doesn't log in anymore and he put tons of time into this game. Not sure what happened but yeah, it was kind of boring the last time I tried it.

That was a while ago. I'll give it a chance again eventually. I do like a lot of what it does.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really like the lore but the expansions and stuff seem to be the same kinda stuff every year. It’s still something fun to play though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
hrm. combat/gameplay is fun, not as good as shit like black desert but better than most games still around right now. lore/questing is interesting, full voice acting for every npc, better story than most games, not quite as good as TOR but better than anything else.

I think what leads to "boring/dull" comments is the scaling. game pumps out content on a consistent schedule, if you start the game right now you literally have thousands of hours of unique content to consume without once doing a daily, dozens of expansions/DLCs, more content than any other MMO I can think of. a massive sand box world to explore, but unlike most sandbox games its filled with quests, every 5 feet theres something to explore or some damsel in distress to save. And it's all relevant to you because of scaling. Every quest you do, every mob you fight is scaled to you, nothing is ever obsoleted by expansion/level boost/power creep.

and that kinda becomes a problem, cus it means everything feels the same.

right now its not that bad cus leveling you get new skills and have shit to look forward to, even at level cap you got several thousand AAs (CPs) to farm. But you never get, i guess you could call it the feeling of accomplishment, for going back to something that was hard and steamrolling it now that you are more powerful? I guess is how you would explain it.

also the game suffers what most mmo's suffer from, especially ones playable on consoles. it's too easy. more so now that they did the scaling. I've been soloing 4man group dungeons since level 15 farming gear sets that i'll use later when i'm at cap. This wasn't possible 8 years ago or whatever when I first played this game.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody play this recently? A friend and I are bored and thinking of starting this up.

How does the content work? I've heard if you sub you basically get access to all content? If so, what's the point of buying xpacs and such?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anybody play this recently? A friend and I are bored and thinking of starting this up.

How does the content work? I've heard if you sub you basically get access to all content? If so, what's the point of buying xpacs and such?
Yeah if you sub you get all the content save the newer expansion plus the all important endless weight craft bag.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah if you sub you get all the content save the newer expansion plus the all important endless weight craft bag.
From what I'm reading online and the comments here, it sounds like a sub just gets you access to DLC and the crafting bag? And you have to buy the latest expansion if you want access to that chapter specifically? But if you have a sub, you get access to every chapter BESIDES the latest?

If you don't give a shit about crafting, is the sub really worth it? Is crafting necessary?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
From what I'm reading online and the comments here, it sounds like a sub just gets you access to DLC and the crafting bag? And you have to buy the latest expansion if you want access to that chapter specifically? But if you have a sub, you get access to every chapter BESIDES the latest?

If you don't give a shit about crafting, is the sub really worth it? Is crafting necessary?
Nah if you just wanna steamroll story content you are fine.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I mean you cant really steamroll any content without the sub/owning the DLCs, unless you're referring to the current 'chapter' expansion. A sub for a month is totally worth the hassle free gameplay and having access to a ton of DLC to explore.

Remember, ESO defines DLCs and Chapters differently. DLCs are small story progression which usually involve a dungeon or new piece of overland content to do quests/houses/othershit/world activities in. Chapters are your 'main' expansion release for the year, ex. Summerset, Morrowwind, and usually have a lot of content to offer. The current chapter is never included in the sub., however you receive previous chapters when you buy the current one, not to be confused with minor DLCs.

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I usually sub. Crafting bag, dlcs, etc, make it worthwhile to me. But the game is very playable without all of that stuff if you are just starting out.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I usually sub. Crafting bag, dlcs, etc, make it worthwhile to me. But the game is very playable without all of that stuff if you are just starting out.

Can those new companions carry you in a veteran dungeon? sukik sukik and I hate dealing with randoms in those.