The Elder Scrolls Online

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. You're full of shit. This board is actually pretty spot on for most MMOs that come out. Maybe you lack the reading comprehension to realize it, but the level of criticism thrown at every MMO is relatively varied. FFXIV was one of the best received MMOs on here that had so much praiseit got its own fucking sub forumfor it. GW2 had mixed praise that accurately described its shortcomings, TERA had tons of praise for its combat (but again, criticism on its significant shortcomings), and even SWTOR despite its numerous issues had plenty of people giving it some props for the leveling experience.

This game? TESO? There's absolutely no praise to be had for the game because it is a TREMENDOUS turd. There are no redeeming parts to the game because it's one of the shittiest MMOs to come out in the past 8 years. Feel free to deflect criticism on it saying "LOL U GUYS HATE EVERY MMO", but any sort of analysis of the other listed games illuminates just how full of shit your post just now really was.
GW2 was pretty universally praised as the second coming of christ around here. And it was fun for a while. But very few play it now. The same is true of STWOR, although it was despised afterwards in a way that GW2 never was. And for good reason.

TESO is probably very much as people describe here. So when I try it I won't be suprised if I don't like it. But then again, I was one of those people who actually enjoyed Vanguard for the first 10 months after it's release. So individual tastes vary. If you have a problem with people liking something you don't then it's your problem.

I like metal, you like panzy ass disco. Tastes vary.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After this thread came to life, checked my email and had a beta key, downloading it now. Hoping it's not as bad as people are claiming.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why would pvp matter with an ES combat system? character movement/control/targetting is much like playing a console shooter with boxing gloves on.
You could be right. But one of their main selling points is the 3 faction pvp system. And obviously some of the devs worked on Daoc. For many of us jonesing for a good multifaction pvp system, we are hoping someone, anyone, will bring it back in a way we can enjoy. We have so few options and yes we are kind of desperate. GW2 failed us.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I'm shaking my head in disbelief and appointment's as I read negative review after negative review. From the sound of it, ESO is going to crash spectacularly, in common fashion of late for the multitudes of substandard MMO's that have released.

A full loot, PvP game with the combat and graphics from Chivalry could do, at least, EVE numbers.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
You could be right. But one of their main selling points is the 3 faction pvp system. And obviously some of the devs worked on Daoc. For many of us jonesing for a good multifaction pvp system, we are hoping someone, anyone, will bring it back in a way we can enjoy. We have so few options and yes we are kind of desperate. GW2 failed us.
Problem is Grim , they've already said there will be ways to change from the one PVP zone to others be it friend passes or spending PVP points to move and so on.

It's going to be nothing like DAOC.

So it's going to be GW2 at best in that dept and likely much worse overall.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
GW2 was pretty universally praised as the second coming of christ around here. And it was fun for a while. But very few play it now. The same is true of STWOR, although it was despised afterwards in a way that GW2 never was. And for good reason.
I like the part where the post before this you claimed that everyone's opinion was irrelevant because the board is full of super negative haters, and now in this post your go-to defense is saying the exact opposite. What? Make up your fucking mind. Do people on this board overly praise games, or overly shit on them? You can't pick both sides bro.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Guild Wars 2 is probably the best MMO since WoW, it has a lot to be proud of really. It just failed to keep high end stuff really enthralling, so after you play through the stories once or twice there isn't a whole lot other than WvW, which is Ok but not great.

This game isn't nearly as good in my opinion. I think I enjoyed my short time in Vanguard on a trial account more than I did this.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the part where the post before this you claimed that everyone's opinion was irrelevant because the board is full of super negative haters, and now in this post your go-to defense is saying the exact opposite. What? Make up your fucking mind. Do people on this board overly praise games, or overly shit on them? You can't pick both sides bro.
No, my point hasn't changed. If you misunderstood it then I probably didn't express myself well enough. I have always stated that I will judge the game for myself before deciding if it is a failure or not. Most people tend to follow the herd and their opinions become extreme. While they are not always wrong, their views dont' always mirror my own. Which should be true of every individual.

Besides, I enjoy most mmos for a short time, even the "bad" ones. And I get bored with all mmos eventually. In the long run the only difference between a good mmo and a bad one for me is the amount of time played.

Ryanz

<Banned>
So who's the token rabid fanboi defending this shitty game till the end. Was hilarious to read some posts in the SWTOR thread, prob still hilarious in this thread.

spronk

FPS noob
hey... you can have fun paying your taxes

DqeiVer.jpg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A HUGE advantage this game will have over any of those current competitors outside of WoW is it will have ui mods.
A HUGE advantagealready fully implemented in Wildstar beta, where everyone and their grandmother can create / use LUA addons right now, without spamming E in a game where character animations are an insult to human evolution.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I logged off the beta and came here to read this thread.

It was more enjoyable than the beta.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
My little brother just came over and played it.

WoW was his first MMO when he was 15. Huge elder scrolls fan. Very 'casual' player (no hardcore raids, many alts, BGs, LFD etc). He just played for 5 hours straight and said he 'really liked it'.

*shrug*

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Once you get out of the starter areas the game kind of takes a turn. You start to feel much more on rails. In the starter area you have the main quest and you kind of run around in a similar fashion guided by the quest but you generally have some freedom and have the entire map.

Finish the two starter areas and get into the world and that changes. Small deviations in direction will get you +2 - +10 level mobs at times and the world is much more closed in DESPITE being large. This is because it takes a ton more quests to level and the land mass to fit said quests needs to be larger. However, you can't deviate much from the rail road tracks because this is after all a quest hub to hub leveling experience despite what is claimed by the developers.

So while the starter areas are boring as fuck you do have some limited freedom. This mostly goes right the fuck away once you hit the main land and you will be quest humping. Now the hubs won't have 10 quests or anything, they will jew them out 1 or 3 at a time but you get the point. This isn't Skyrim or anything like Elder Scrolls.

The experience changes rather significantly once you get off the two starter areas.

Edit:

Also, there are side quests out in the world. Now for the most part any non mouth breather can find this stuff its fairly easy to notice that you never visited a section of the map and might want to go check it out. However the game is designed that if you do miss more than a tiny fraction of quests you will find yourself under leveled by a good margin.

Making all that content mostly mandatory. If you simply follow the main quests though you will be under leveled.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
when i think of TES, i think do anything, go anywhere. so having hard faction PVP is retarded (3 factions is only slightly less gay than 2), being on rails is retarded, having quest hubs is retarded. basically, everything about this game is retarded. so i guess if you're retarded, you'll like it.