The Elder Scrolls Online

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
There's a bunch of technical and polish issues to watch and see if they resolve, and it's definitely not going to bring MMO salvation to the hungry masses, but I don't quite get the amount of hate people have been throwing around. As it stands, I'd put it on a trajectory for a 5/10, and I'm the type of person who will play anything that is 3+. So I'd mark it down as a "buy it, play for the first month and then forget-about-it-move-on-with-my-life" type of game. I'm not too picky when it comes to graphics and audio, and I can deal with slightly sluggish controls, but I do like consistent performance with no crashes. I would say I have experienced that. Definitely not going to be standing in line on release day or pre-ordering it, but wouldn't mind getting my hands on it in the first two weeks of release when the initial excitement is still in the air.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I had a buddy who has never played an MMO before but is a huge Elder Scrolls fan play the beta for about 2 hours at my place.

"I can't believe that I'm this disappointed"

Bruman

Golden Squire
I think the hate this is getting is more than it deserves, but the bottom line is I played for maybe 20 minutes and was bored, went back to LOTRO and the new Zelda.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a bunch of technical and polish issues to watch and see if they resolve, and it's definitely not going to bring MMO salvation to the hungry masses, but I don't quite get the amount of hate people have been throwing around. As it stands, I'd put it on a trajectory for a 5/10, and I'm the type of person who will play anything that is 3+. So I'd mark it down as a "buy it, play for the first month and then forget-about-it-move-on-with-my-life" type of game. I'm not too picky when it comes to graphics and audio, and I can deal with slightly sluggish controls, but I do like consistent performance with no crashes. I would say I have experienced that. Definitely not going to be standing in line on release day or pre-ordering it, but wouldn't mind getting my hands on it in the first two weeks of release when the initial excitement is still in the air.
You don't get it?? You gave it a 5/10..let's put the game in context... One of the most popular IPs out there.. Been in the development for what, 6+ years with god know how much money behind it... and you have it at a 5 out of 10. But you don't get the hate? I'm so confused by this. The real problem with this industry is a lot of the gamers have no standards. That's why garbage like this will release and companies like SoE will charge for alpha.. It's almost an inside joke with them. How much can they get away with...

Ryanz

<Banned>
Keep on supporting terrible games brother! The path to mediocrity demands it!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when i think of TES, i think do anything, go anywhere. so having hard faction PVP is retarded (3 factions is only slightly less gay than 2), being on rails is retarded, having quest hubs is retarded. basically, everything about this game is retarded. so i guess if you're retarded, you'll like it.
I said when I first heard about this or when ppl were talking about a Elder scrolls mmo when skyrim was released, the things that make TES great and fun just do not transfer well to a MMO.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Anyone here made to lvl10 and try PvP? There are some good reviews for the PvP on beta forums.
I couldn't stomach my first character's (high elf) starting area. Second (orc) was honestly much better and I might have stuck with it, but there was a quest that was broken and wouldn't complete. So there were a couple dozen people just standing around where the mob should have been.

Seen a lot more of "I wanted to try pvp but I couldn't stomach getting to level 10" over there. I imagine if people are willing to do that, they're more willing to like what they see.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I didn't play SWToR and after all the shit they did wrong, I feel no loss. Same here after this game goes live. At no point will I think I've missed anything or that my life isn't better for passing this game by. This is the definition of a waste of time and money...on their part and I won't add to their mistake.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
People quitting within minutes of playing... seems like most people aren't even playing more than a couple of hours on the long side. It's been a while since something so shitty has come along.

Man, I would had to be the person who has to put together the beta weekend play report to present to the execs on Monday.

Honey Badger_sl

shitlord
honestly, they should just scrap this game and start over...everything about it is bad. The combat is horrible. It feels like a Japanese grind fest game. Even Star Wars Galaxies was more fun.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.
Quest this, Quest that.

Story, Story, Story, Story.

Click this switch, click that switch.

*SCREAM OF AGONY*

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
I couldn't stomach my first character's (high elf) starting area. Second (orc) was honestly much better and I might have stuck with it, but there was a quest that was broken and wouldn't complete. So there were a couple dozen people just standing around where the mob should have been.

Seen a lot more of "I wanted to try pvp but I couldn't stomach getting to level 10" over there. I imagine if people are willing to do that, they're more willing to like what they see.
If this is the case, they should put up an npc, let people go straight to 10 or whatever and let them PVP to keep them from quitting -- and give themselves time to fix the game. Meanwhile, people can play the part folks seem to enjoy.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
If this is the case, they should put up an npc, let people go straight to 10 or whatever and let them PVP to keep them from quitting -- and give themselves time to fix the game. Meanwhile, people can play the part folks seem to enjoy.
No... I think what he is saying is that the only people who stuck it out to level 10 are the true believers, so it's not a surprise they claim they like the PvP and anything positive they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
No... I think what he is saying is that the only people who stuck it out to level 10 are the true believers, so it's not a surprise they claim they like the PvP and anything positive they say should be taken with a grain of salt.
Totally possible, but I think I heard from earlier playtests pvp was decent too -- just sayin' whatever is best give that to the players thats their only hope.