The Elder Scrolls Online

spronk

FPS noob
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...cast-announced

For everything that I didn't like about this game through playing in beta this may be their only positive.... John Cleese.
cleese voices a dude you talk to for maybe like... 3 lines?... in the newb pre-starter area. I dunno if he shows up again, it would be kinda weird to have his distinct voice on another character. Its also funny as hell talking to him, because he has to say weird nerdy names and shit and you can tell he is just rolling his eyes while saying it.

I've only played ~8 hours total in both stress tests. Stress test 1 (~2 months ago) was a joke, the game felt like it was still 2 years from launch and a complete mess. Stress test 2 (~2 weeks ago?) was better, but combat was still really shitty, still TONS of unfinished stuff, and you couldn't play more than 30 minutes without encountering a crippling bug (quest bug, crash to desktop, etc). Zones are also all very small and you get a lot of "loading..." screens, which really ruins the MMO immersion. Maybe in the next 2 months they will get it mostly ok, I wouldn't count on it. If the game was launching as b2p or f2p then it'd be a no brainer, its probably gonna be fun for 15-30 hours and then you never play it again.

But for a $60 box fee and $15/mo sub you have to be pretty goddamn retarded to buy it, especially since it feels exactly like Rift, TERA, FFXIV, SWTOR etc in gameplay, mechanics and all that jazz. So its pretty safe to assume its gonna sell for massive discounts after a month, and go f2p within a year. There really isn't anything interesting it does competitive wise either, so its not like racing to worlds first level 50 or being at the top of the arena PVP bracket will bring you any satisfaction.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would not call an M rating a fucking in the ass. I would consider that a win since true gamers love that M rating. Lets be real here. MMOs are not meant for 12 yr olds. And even so, that M rating will just mean that more of the 12 yr olds will want to buy it just because.

Trust me I know, I have a 12 and 9 yr old.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I would not call an M rating a fucking in the ass. I would consider that a win since true gamers love that M rating. Lets be real here. MMOs are not meant for 12 yr olds. And even so, that M rating will just mean that more of the 12 yr olds will want to buy it just because.

Hmmmm ya you are probably right

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Woot 5%!! We agree!

Sigh... I am not in the ongoing closed beta. What you are describing is not good at all. Games can recover from being unfinished. It's tough to recover from developer dysfunction.

(Also, I liked KotOR 2)
I liked KOTOR 2 as well. Too bad it was cut loose too soon.

More like Lead Developer Dysfunction. I think the seam under Sage knows what to do, and always has. Take that guy out of the equation (And Firor) and this entire game may have been a complete 180 from what will ship here in April.

We are 10 weeks away. 6 from manufacturing.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
These voice actors announcements always strike me as a little pointless when it comes to MMOs. Any actor that is that high profile of a name isn't going to be recording more than a few quests worth of dialogue, which means you interact with them for like a day or two and never see them again. It's not like having Martin Sheen voice the Illusive Man or Mark Hamill doing the Joker.

Surprisingly enough after looking at her IMDB she seems like a goto person for TES. Been in both Oblivion and Skyrim.
It makes sense when you realize whoshe's married to.

I liked KOTOR 2 as well. Too bad it was cut loose too soon.

More like Lead Developer Dysfunction. I think the seam under Sage knows what to do, and always has. Take that guy out of the equation (And Firor) and this entire game may have been a complete 180 from what will ship here in April.

We are 10 weeks away. 6 from manufacturing.
I like this line from the wiki page on Firor:

"He is considered one of the three responsible persons responsible for the systematic downward spiral of Dark Age of Camelot."

Which one of you posted that?

Gecko_sl

shitlord

I think Smed pretty much reaffirmed this with his AMA:

1) Are you planning on adding more family-friendly options? First there was Toontown Online, then there was Free Realms, and CWA. Is there another youth-oriented game planned?

[-]j_smedley[S]
1) No. No more kids games. Kids don't spend well and it's very difficult to run a kids game. Turns out Kids do mean stuff to each other a lot.

The cash comes from the 18-54 demographic. Making a game with M for MMOs is a step in the right direction. I wish they'd go a step further and make it more in depth and smarter, versus more gore or fake booblets which are worthless but anything that advances us away from Toontown cartoony shit is a good thing.

Blackwulf

N00b
So what's the word on the RvR system compared to gw2? crap, on par, better?
It's better in many ways. It's much closer to daoc feeling than gw2 feeling. The zone is large (by large I mean massive) with many choke points, travel routes, etc., where you can find fights other than zerg v. zerg. Small team fights are long, requiring strategy and smaller groups that are coordinated and skilled can beat larger groups of players. There are many PVE objectives in the zone, luring people who might not want to PVP all the time into the zone, keeping action fresh. The dungeons within the zone vary from quite small to very large. Guilds have an incentive to hold keeps, because it's where the guild store's merchant can be placed. Keeps that are destroyed in a siege need to be rebuilt by the attacker and then can be upgraded. Fast travel is limited and the lines can be broken by taking smaller objectives along it. Bridges are pretty much NF bridges but some are larger. There will be a lot of fun had in Cyrodiil.

Not to mention, no one knows exactly what they are going to do with the central Imperial city. I'm hoping it turns into a zone that functions mechanically like Darkness Falls did, but with the layout of a medieval city. A contested PVE area in the center of Cyrodiil will be fun as hell, especially with lots of cool PVE bosses to fight over and worry about being jumped by other realms while you're fighting.

You get assigned to a campaign which is basically your server with regard to Cyrodiil. You and the players in your campaign will always be fighting each other in Cyrodiil. The megaserver tech will make sure your campaign is close to balanced with good population (it won't keep opening new campaigns until the existing ones are fully populated.) The only way you will be fighting new, random, people is if you go out of your way to change campaigns, which isn't free or easy (according to devs.) This helps to build realm loyalty and to increase competition/animosity between realms; you can work to avenge yourself against that group of elves that killed you earlier, etc. Cyrodiil was designed to allow for a huge population per campaign (thousands.) Basically, each Cyrodiil campaign will be larger than full daoc servers at peak.

As you can see, RVR is one of the features that has me excited about this game, it far outweighs any of the "goofy" animation bullshit some people seem so hung up on.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's better in many ways. It's much closer to daoc feeling than gw2 feeling. The zone is large (by large I mean massive) with many choke points, travel routes, etc., where you can find fights other than zerg v. zerg. Small team fights are long, requiring strategy and smaller groups that are coordinated and skilled can beat larger groups of players. There are many PVE objectives in the zone, luring people who might not want to PVP all the time into the zone, keeping action fresh. The dungeons within the zone vary from quite small to very large. Guilds have an incentive to hold keeps, because it's where the guild store's merchant can be placed. Keeps that are destroyed in a siege need to be rebuilt by the attacker and then can be upgraded. Fast travel is limited and the lines can be broken by taking smaller objectives along it. Bridges are pretty much NF bridges but some are larger. There will be a lot of fun had in Cyrodiil.

Not to mention, no one knows exactly what they are going to do with the central Imperial city. I'm hoping it turns into a zone that functions mechanically like Darkness Falls did, but with the layout of a medieval city. A contested PVE area in the center of Cyrodiil will be fun as hell, especially with lots of cool PVE bosses to fight over and worry about being jumped by other realms while you're fighting.

You get assigned to a campaign which is basically your server with regard to Cyrodiil. You and the players in your campaign will always be fighting each other in Cyrodiil. The megaserver tech will make sure your campaign is close to balanced with good population (it won't keep opening new campaigns until the existing ones are fully populated.) The only way you will be fighting new, random, people is if you go out of your way to change campaigns, which isn't free or easy (according to devs.) This helps to build realm loyalty and to increase competition/animosity between realms; you can work to avenge yourself against that group of elves that killed you earlier, etc. Cyrodiil was designed to allow for a huge population per campaign (thousands.) Basically, each Cyrodiil campaign will be larger than full daoc servers at peak.

As you can see, RVR is one of the features that has me excited about this game, it far outweighs any of the "goofy" animation bullshit some people seem so hung up on.
Let me translate this.

1) it will be Zerg to Zerg to capture 48 spawn points on the way to capture the main
2) if the other side is losing people will just transfer to a new instance. Which will be easy once mudflation sets in within three weeks.
3) combat is so fucked no one will be playing anyway.

The end.

Looks great on paper. How it actually plays out will be what I just stated.

Blackwulf

N00b
Let me translate this.

1) it will be Zerg to Zerg to capture 48 spawn points on the way to capture the main
2) if the other side is losing people will just transfer to a new instance. Which will be easy once mudflation sets in within three weeks.
3) combat is so fucked no one will be playing anyway.

The end.

Looks great on paper. How it actually plays out will be what I just stated.
Thank you for confirming once again how full of shit you are and that you've never actually played in Cyrodiil.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thank you for confirming once again how full of shit you are and that you've never actually played in Cyrodiil.
Since my dad passed away, I have even more fire under my ass to call out your bullshit. I play it. I always have. You know the difference between you and me? Is I care about these games because I play them. From day one. I call it as it is and will never sugar coat it. You are full of shit and always have been. You are the worst internet shill while I continue to fight the unfightable. Why? Because of all the bullshit cronies here that are posting under their pseudo handles working for the companies they are trying to get their promotion under.

I've had it with people like you deflecting the truth. How do you fucking sleep at night? Do you lie to your wife this much as well? Or your family? Fuck off. You make me sick.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Since my dad passed away, I have even more fire under my ass to call out your bullshit. I play it. I always have. You know the difference between you and me? Is I care about these games because I play them. From day one. I call it as it is and will never sugar coat it. You are full of shit and always have been. You are the worst internet shill while I continue to fight the unfightable. Why? Because of all the bullshit cronies here that are posting under their pseudo handles working for the companies they are trying to get their promotion under.

I've had it with people like you deflecting the truth. How do you fucking sleep at night? Do you lie to your wife this much as well? Or your family? Fuck off. You make me sick.
Its just a video game man.