The Elder Scrolls Online

Dude if you ever one in the past year posted any proof, I'd take you a little seriously. Instead, I've got an article from a major publication quoting the game director saying the engine was made entirely from scratch for this game. Hmmm... who should I listen to?
Yeah from what I have found they are not running the Hero Engine. Bad info Ut? ALso, didn't simutronics write the hero engine? How do you remove the ode of the creator and still have anything left?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah from what I have found they are not running the Hero Engine. Bad info Ut?
No it isn't bad information. It's the base hero engine with layered functionalilty wrapped. A few people feeding me information working on the project in the past or currently have told me the same.

NotSure_sl

shitlord
Save 20% on your pre-order.
smile.png

Elder Scrolls Online Pre-Order Now at 20% Off! (Digital Imperial Edition Too) - GAMEBREAKER - Video Game News, Videos, Reviews and Community

No it isn't bad information. It's the base hero engine with layered functionalilty wrapped. A few people feeding me information working on the project in the past or currently have told me the same.
Never let the text mudders write your graphics engine. Seems pretty basic. Also I hit level 50 in SWOTOR on or about Jan 5 2012. There is an old post on Graffe's with that date... knowing me... I played less than two months after that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Stop tempting me, bastard.

I just watched a stream of this, and it actually looks nothing like my play session before. Graphics get overhauled or something or did I have the settings screwed up?
They probably just put a TESO logo on top of Skyrim gameplay.

DarkMatter

Trakanon Raider
It is absolutely a gutted version of Hero. Friend of mine is one of the ADs and we spoke with them about their experiences with it when we were considering using Hero for one of our projects. The end result was us choosing to not use it (as it seemed like it needed a lot of gutting and wasn't even close to "functional" out of the box at the time)

axeman_sl

shitlord
Explorer Pack" DLC, which lets you play any race in any alliance
So... if you pre-order, you get a huge gameplay advantage over those who don't? Or do races give no benefits? Not sure which would be dumber.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Did you read it? How about this quote: "There are no compromises with the technology that we?re using ? everything in the game?s engine was written for this game, with no extraneous code, features, or tools."
That quote reminds me of the devs who first said CoD: Ghostswas on an entirely new engine, then had to backtrack to say it was on a"significantly upgraded" engine. All the old quirks remained, and it was pretty obviously PR hype. Speaking of old quirks/bugs, I seem to remember Skyrim'stotally new "Creation" enginehaving a lot of the same exact bugs as theold "Gamebryo" engine. I suppose it's semantics, but I feel there's an important distinction between a new engine and just heavily modifying/layering an existing one. I guess that Gameinformer site doesn't- at least they're consistent.

It's not surprising they want to distance themselves from the HeroEngine name, it does not have a good namebrand after the problems in SWTOR. The article you linked was posted about 3 weeks afterHeroEngine posted an announcement for ES:O. It's surprising to me thatifZenimax created their own engine from the ground up withoutanyHeroEngine code, they wouldn't name and promote it like SoE did with Forgelight to make sure there was no confusion. Maybe they thought it would be better to let engine talk die and not to Streisand-effect it.Here's some skepticismdirectly from the Hero Engine guy saying the Zenimax denial was sad, comparing it to Silicon Knights v Epic Games. Interesting that both Zenimax and BioWare licensed HeroEngine when it was just in alpha.

When you "spam" some ability (the no mana ones) after 3 or 4 hits is desyncs pretty hard, leaving your character doing weird moves, like he's having a stroke or something. This kind of bug can lead to "double dipping", like launching two skills at once with flooding the ability queue. As a sorcerer I managed to make some of my storm casting abilities to double dip, almost oneshotted another sorcerer. I didn't manage to make double dip weapons skills but that group healing skill can be double dipped too.
This is probably what I saw when I used the second dual-wield skill (flurry?). It was a multi-hit skill, but I could never tell when the animation finished. Seemed like my character would swing forever, very little damage would be done and mobs were actually hurting me. I had that hard-GCD type mentality ingrained after spending some time in FFXIV, but I got frustrated so I started just spamming the button. Mobs started falling over near instantly. Didn't even seem to use much stamina, and since I was PVE'ing there was no downtime moving mob to mob because OOC regen is so high. It was really hard to tell what exactly was going on.

Save 20% on your pre-order.
smile.png
Got an email from GMG earlier with 25% off. Good until Feb 3. They also had the Titanfall preorder 25% off a day or two ago.

I just watched a stream of this, and it actually looks nothing like my play session before. Graphics get overhauled or something or did I have the settings screwed up?
Come on in... the water's fine... you will get at least some good quests and if you play a caster the combat is not horrible. There is nothing else coming out around then. Plus, even if you hate it, you can come here and lie and say it's great and make Ut's head explode!

NotSure_sl

shitlord

They improved the textures or something. With everything turned up it looked really good last beta. Animations are still terrible.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
you guys really, really need to try the beta before you buy - people saying combat is weird/wonky is not a euphemism, maybe for some people its ok but I found it so bad that I just didn't want to play. hopefully they fix it before launch, and then I guess maybe it might be worth it when it drops 50% after a month, but you are better off playing might and magic X now and whatever other new games come out around april.
Are you basing your comments on the weekend open beta test or the closed beta test?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
25% off if you get gog emails and if you buy it then another 25% off coupon for a frend.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I feel like the whole gaming world is just waiting on the edge of its collective seat, anticipating the impending spectacle of this game's hysterically predictable failure.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Its Elder Scrolls. They won't have problems selling boxes.
Would be interesting to do a forum competition to guess the # of boxes sold in the first month and if it's published the # of active subs after 3 and 6 months.