The Elder Scrolls Online

This is part of the itemization problem. Itemization is always a later stage development issue where you make a pass over the whole game fixing and making things special but man they are close to release to have most mobs drop 1 gold and have quests give rewards you don't need or can't use and have involved quests like that one end in a disappointing 70 gold. Itemization has gotten better with each beta but it's abysmal still.
Yeah its been said, but the itemization really blows. I don't see there being enough time to go through and readjust the loot tables before release.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I'm sure dodging the circles mobs put on the ground is awesome fun in first person. Do you stare at their feet the whole time?
Yeah, thats the major downside to wanting to actually play this game in 1st person. This isnt exactly Tera where you can identify a mob's movements or behavior and say to yourself "Oh he's about to bodyslam me into the ground now." I think they have made the telegraphs more noticible though. It could be a knee-jerk reaction to W*.

They have improved a few minor things but a few fun facts remain true:

1. They have been stress testing this game for 3 or more weekends and the experience has gotten worse as far as lag and errors go. The loading screens are the worst they have ever been.

2. Other than leaked information, we have no proof that the lv 30+ content even insists, let alone end-game content.

3. Players that want to be sold on the pvp content this weekend were handed next to nothing. Most players couldn't load into cyrodiil or into the game itself. No average pvp player will want to buy the box, nor pay the sub for this game.there are other better alternatives.

The only people that will buy this game are the extremely bored, the blind, the fanbois or the fools. Oh yeah, along with those poor son of bitches that have to play it for the sake of playing it with their friends.

That being said, the console crowd might enjoy the console versions. Similar to how Diablo 3 was more enjoyable on the consoles from what i heard.

Well I was talking about more to the ppl saying it "opens" up. Which I haven't found. Sure the map gets bigger, but its still follow the quest to each little area and then move to the next.
Agree; its still a mediocre linear quest-fest type of game from what I can tell. Its a shame the world-designers really did a terrific job building a very large and beautiful world but its hamstrung by mediocre gameplay with little to no Elderscrollsy sandbox elements.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind quest games(I have fun in wildstar) but I wouldn't say no to this game having a bunch of random scattered dungeons with mobs people can solo or even group up. It's pretty much all I did in skyrim for the most part, ran around looking for dungeons and would fight through them.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Yeah it does suck when as a 1h/shield I've gotten staffs, 2h swords, 2h axes as rewards and with so few quest when compared to usual quest based games it makes it interesting. Might have to actually craft.
Well, my gear has all come from an Orc vendor selling 'Random Magic item' or 'Random Magic Weapon' which adds a cool, addictive gambling dynamic in as you try to get good things. So you don't have to craft to get good things, or play the AH, as the vendors have mystery bags one can buy with random items.

Well, my gear has all come from an Orc vendor selling 'Random Magic item' or 'Random Magic Weapon' which adds a cool, addictive gambling dynamic in as you try to get good things. So you don't have to craft to get good things, or play the AH, as the vendors have mystery bags one can buy with random items.
I resorted to farming chests, which isn't hard at all if you know where to look and they respawn within minutes. Plus the lockpicking game is kind of fun, and at 13g a pick its also economical.

I resorted to farming chests, which isn't hard at all if you know where to look and they respawn within minutes. Plus the lockpicking game is kind of fun, and at 13g a pick its also economical.
Sadly unchanged for two betas... if it makes it into release I am going to blame you for letting the secret out. Pro-tip drop link a few times in the last two areas of Cold Harbor to loot a hundred picks.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Can you not travel wherever you want? This is like the 4th time I've had to board a boat to go to a new zone. Let me run places. Jesus Christ this is HeroEngine as fuck. It is exactly like the space ship in SWTOR. It just plops you into zones. Are they connected at all? How can you have a Elder Scrolls game in 2014 without a seamless world?

Scratch whatever I said about this game growing on me, it's a turd. There's no reason for this game to exist. It's Skyrim-Lite (which is already a shallow fucking game) with a bunch of morons running around killing everything before you can. It's so insanely hopelessly flawed as a MMO, I honest to god don't know why it exists.

It's a shame because even if it wasn't TES it has a traditional, non cartoony fantasy aesthetic and it even has some interesting (for MMOs and based on what little I've seen) class and progression mechanics but overall it's such a bad, bad game.

It's the worst parts of Skyrim with the worst parts of the MMO genre crammed together.

"What a shame" - JC Denton

Loot what? I haven't see one single thing that wasn't empty.
If you log in when no one is around they contain lock picks about 1/5 thinks you open. I cannot imagine that they do that or final game but it's how I got all the picks I needed to actually figure out how to lockpick.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was going to try to play again after having never been able to load character all morning but now there is a 1hr + queue.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm appalled at myself for trying this game just so I could bash it, and then not minding it so much. Sure, the writing/acting is terrible, but so are most games (and everything else) these days. The animations aren't great and combat may feel wispy, but in first person it's not so bad. I could stand to have more first person rendering, as it basically just feels like a floating camera, but it's not too bad. The quests are linear and there's not yet any reason to explore, but if it does at least open up a little the world might be a bit more fun to explore and at least it's not an overload of quests. Combat got a bit more fun after actually allocating some skill points. At some point is there any danger of dying or consequence when you do?

Not sure if I'm just enjoying it because it's free and the second I'll have to pay I'll think it sucks. It's not nearly as bad as I thought. It's still not great, and probably won't purchase it, but I had to say Blackwulf is still a worthless shill as this game isn'tthatgood, just not as terrible as people thought, but that's at least something.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
any clue since we are less then 2 months out from launch when this beta level cap of 17 will go away and we get the real cap?
I don't think you will see a full cap in Open/stress test style beta. In closed sure but otherwise no, I can't remember a single game that allowed players to go all the way to end cap in open/stress style betas.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
I know it's cool to hate on this game right now and I was trying to avoid doing so, but god damn do I hate this fucking game after giving it a few hours today. I feel like it is actively trying to piss me off. Everything is so spread out, running everywhere. No idea what the map icons mean, so run there and figure it out. Hold shift the whole time, serious finger strain. Whoops, all out of stam if you have to fight along the way. It's not exploration, it's tedium. There's nothing interesting to find, other than more bad quests.

There is no synergy to the templar class at all. It's a mishmash of random garbage skills that all suck. The only good spell I had was some holy bolt type ability, but I morphed it into a shitty PBAoE and now it's terrible. I figured stacking mana regen would help out since I go oom in 3 casts, but now the game is telling me to go fuck myself with this 'overcharge' diminishing return mechanic.