The Elder Scrolls Online

Uh iirc just pre-ordering any of the editions gives the any race on any faction, not just the imperial one.
Yeah sorry.. I meant every race in any faction including imperial. You need Imperial edition for that.

Still curious about whether Utnayan is going to play and if he is joining all us MMO sluts in preordering. Ut, you trying to slip the question or still not sure?

My money is on him playing with us all. He complains too passionately. I think it means he is secretly in love.

He be more of a fucking idiot if he decides to play the game with you retards.
See, now it's just this terrible negative attitude that is destroying the genre and America in general.

Think of it this way, it's by far the best game we know is coming out this year. Or think of it this way, if this game came out in 1999 and competed with EQ, we'd probably all have left EQ at least for a while at least. You liked EQ right? This game is way better and has really cool graphics.

Think of this as the ugly girl at closing time and you are half drunk...see, you would want her!!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let's cool it on the bickering until after this weekend please.

Tuco - the people I know that are going to play this game with me are going to go where your guild goes. I
dont PVP unless I really enjoy it, and maybe I will? So even if recruitment was open, I wouldnt want to apply till I know I like the game instead of joining and hating the game (ie. What I did with Guild Wars 2). Is your guild going to be pretty open about what Server you guys are going to pick so I dont have to reroll in order to be one of the lemmings?
I'll let you know what faction we pick as soon as we pick it and it is public. There is also no harm in joining us and hating teso. It happens and there are no hard feelings when people quit after the first week.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
See, now it's just this terrible negative attitude that is destroying the genre and America in general.

Think of it this way, it's by far the best game we know is coming out this year. Or think of it this way, if this game came out in 1999 and competed with EQ, we'd probably all have left EQ at least for a while at least. You liked EQ right? This game is way better and has really cool graphics.

Think of this as the ugly girl at closing time and you are half drunk...see, you would want her!!
STRAIGHT UP TROLLING.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed quite a bit, but for the sake of getting a succinct answer-
ESO does not have a monthly sub but has a cash shop where you can buy in-game goods, etc, right? If yes to the cash shop, is there any limit to what you can or can't buy in the cash shop?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So monthly fee AND cash shop? Does anyone know what the limitations are (generally) of the cash shop?

kudos

<Banned>
Lead developer Matt Firor is at Gamescom and has traveled the colleagues of Buffed answered some questions. We have here are the highlights from the interview summarized.

ESO gets a classical subscription model. With the purchase of the game you get 30 days free play time, then the game will cost 12.99 euros per month.

According to Matt Firor will be available in The Elder Scrolls Online an item shop where her fun items and character of services you can buy as a renaming of the character.

The game and all its contents are covered but on the subscription model.

The reason why the developers have opted for a subscription model that ESO should feel like a big sandbox. You shall without any pay walls can enjoy all the content. Matt Firor is also of the opinion that this model best fits the Elder Scrolls series.

The developers have looked at many different payment models in advance and you can find free-to-play games are not inherently wrong. Matt Firor itself plays as World of Tanks and League of Legends.

The development of ESO is almost complete and there are currently no new big features more scheduled for release implements. Now the existing systems will be tested and improved in the beta.

Currently, the developers are busy building up the server environments and to prepare for a large number of players. Finally, it should run everything stable launch.
The content for the release of The Elder Scrolls Online're done. Currently, the teams are busy but have to develop content for future patches.
here. it was translated from some foreign website so it may sound weird in translation.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. That is kind of... difficult to understand, but if I'm reading it right it looks like they are attempting to limit cash shop purchases to "fun" items and character services. I'm skeptical on what "fun items" means, but it's good to know that they are trying to avoid "pay to win."

kudos

<Banned>
Thanks. That is kind of... difficult to understand, but if I'm reading it right it looks like they are attempting to limit cash shop purchases to "fun" items and character services. I'm skeptical on what "fun items" means, but it's good to know that they are trying to avoid "pay to win."
Basically it will be an in-game version of what WoW is doing on their website. You won't be buying weapons or armor or anything that will make a difference.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there a server to find the majority of us on? I might give it another go this weekend.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Basically it will be an in-game version of what WoW is doing on their website. You won't be buying weapons or armor or anything that will make a difference.
WoW sells that shit in game now so it will be exactly the same.

Honestly as long as its a WoW style cash shop its fine. If it starts to bleed into EQ style then it gets slippery, cause that cash shop was way closer to required than it should have been for a sub based game.