The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well pvp was fun, then game crashed and since I came back in has run like complete crap. Was perfect for about a hour or 2, crash and now its constant rubber-banding/freezing.

Crashed again with "has encountered a error"(actual TESO error box not windows) and now my character is stuck forever loading cyro.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Indulge my lazyness... what's the deal with campaigns (can only do them once every n days?) and what is AvA?

I'm down to 60kb/sec, so there's a good chance this download will not finish before the weekend is over. Not inspiring me with a whole lot of confidence...
Ava is a campaign set with 2k players in an instance in the "megaserver". 90 days long. And you can hop out to another campaign. So when you are getting your ass kicked by a guild like PRX, you will leave. Everyone will leave.

The PVE is the most boring shit known to mankind. I am sorry, and not trolling. There is no way anyone finds it subjectively fun. I barely made it to 25 before I hadn't logged in since October, and this weekend test I logged in. They made some improvements on the megaserver, yet at the same time I saw about 7 people. So whatever they did to fix it, must have instanced fucking everything about 50 times over to a limit of about 5 people before it overlayed. The PvP game is also fucked. If anyone ever makes it that far. Even me. They glossed over the initial zones, and tried to make it better.... We aren't talking boring as if its an MMORPG wow new zone boring, we are talking who the hell needed 4 years to produce this gigantic pile of shit to show the public. Even if I took everything else aside, no one wihin their own right mind would last 5 levels through this. No bear ass quests. Nope. You run from point to point activating stones, or pillars, or this or that while the only challenging thing is seeing if your target quest object is above you or below you.

This... is Paul sage. And why he is horrible. And why anyone else with a pulse should have led this. And listened to the developers

They instanced the fuck out of the overland zones to feign stability. PvP its all fucked up. They haven't done a thing but a bandaid fix.

Cancel those pre-orders and for gods sake Tuco bring PRX back to GW2 or something else. No one... should spend money on this pile of fucking trash.

if you reward this shit, these people will continue to get jobs and make this trash.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I have read a fair bit on ESO but one thing I don't understand is the "mega-server". Could someone explain this to me? What are it's virtues?. Is there an advantage for PvPers somehow? PvP is a sideshow to me but it seems to be dominating the mmo field more and more.

I really love the whole traditional server. How can a megaserver hope to have that powerful "community" aspect that made early EQ and wow such special games? Many of my IRL friends were in a wow guild rather infamous for being mass banned for sploiting. When it happened us few survivors got a deluge of whispers from people we barely or did not know. Expressing disappointment, sympathy, anger, even a bit of pride. The point being it showed the extent of the community, people who grouped with one of us once 9 months or just cheered for our success via server pride felt it affected them also. Would any of the random people youll likely see once and never again on the mega-server care?

Can someone show me otherwise? Can a mega-server foster a genuine community beyond very broad stuff like "people who play eso"?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There is literally no way anyone finds this game fun. NONE. If you do you are so full of shit. Or are so downtrodden with MMORPG's you are the least common denominator. DONT BUY THIS.

For fucks sake.

Put your god damn foot down.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So chances of this being a complete clusterfuck during the first couple weeks reasonably high ?

Lag/load wise I mean , assuming there can't be any sort of queue system I suppose with the mega server bit. I'd prefer servers and a queue that results in stable and lag free once in than having the infrastructure being overloaded to hell with no limits.
Over the two beta weekends I played, I was very pleased with how the game ran. I had absolutely no lag at any time. However, there are lots of people who are getting errors, which result in them being unable to log into the game. Still, as with every game at release, there are bound to be connectivity issues. Imagine everyone with the standard edition trying to log in at basically the same time. That's going to be tough on the log-in system for sure.

Telestin

There is literally no way anyone finds this game fun. NONE. If you do you are so full of shit. Or are so downtrodden with MMORPG's you are the least common denominator. DONT BUY THIS.
I agree with you 100%. I had no problems connecting. The game ran flawlessly. The visuals are nice. The sound is terrific. But fun? I can honestly say that it was a chore playing this game. There wasn't a single "fun" thing I did in the game. In fact, the most fun I had was setting up my key bindings . . so I could loot the hundreds of urns in the started area.

I wasted several hours on this game, over two beta weekends. I uninstalled it a couple of hours ago. I still have a beta key, but I refuse to share it with anyone. I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Over the two beta weekends I played, I was very pleased with how the game ran. I had absolutely no lag at any time. However, there are lots of people who are getting errors, which result in them being unable to log into the game. Still, as with every game at release, there are bound to be connectivity issues. Imagine everyone with the standard edition trying to log in at basically the same time. That's going to be tough on the log-in system for sure.
This game is fucking horrid. I was even hoping they cleaned up the starter zones. HOLY FUCKING FUCK. I lasted through closed beta since fucking October. The first one to give them credit for instancing out a hard lock at 30 per zone. That's their bullshit fix. it works. Good. The PvE is so fucking horrible no one will make it passed level 7.

Burn the key. I hope everyone logs into this and cancels. Not because I wish ill will on the lower developers. Its because its hell or high water as fans and game players that we start talking with our wallets. DONT BUY THIS SHIT. And for everyone I know here, who are as passionate about playing these games as I am, imagine what would happen if we told these fucks to dick off and make games worth playing.

COME ON. WISEN UP FOLKS. WE DRIVE THIS.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
This game is fucking horrid. I was even hoping they cleaned up the starter zones. HOLY FUCKING FUCK. I lasted through closed beta since fucking October. The first one to give them credit for instancing out a hard lock at 30 per zone. That's their bullshit fix. it works. Good. The PvE is so fucking horrible no one will make it passed level 7.

Burn the key. I hope everyone logs into this and cancels. Not because I wish ill will on the lower developers. Its because its hell or high water as fans and game players that we start talking with our wallets. DONT BUY THIS SHIT. And for everyone I know here, who are as passionate about playing these games as I am, imagine what would happen if we told these fucks to dick off and make games worth playing.

COME ON. WISEN UP FOLKS. WE DRIVE THIS.
IqpvwKi.gif

Didn't you buy SWTOR?

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
game is average, nothing really strikes me, then again ive only hit level 5 this time around as a nightblade. I'll re eval after I check out PVP.

I'll probably buy it because there isn't anything else out.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I played for like an hour or two. This game is actually not bad. Had a good time. Combat is not bad, maybe slightly above average.

Newbie area was full of people, like 20 or 30 that I saw randomly.

Game looks great and sounds and feels great. It's enough that the mundane quests aren't awful. It's worth a play through.

Telestin

It will, of course, sell well . . due to the fan base of The Elder Scrolls. But I think the game is doomed to failure, for several reasons:
- It's not fun
- It requires a tremendous amount of initial patience. You can't PvP until you reach level 10. Honestly, I don't think a lot of people will reach level 10.
- It's tedious. The dialogue from NPC's is mind-numbing (and lengthy).
- The combat system is horrible. Archers won't be able to kite . . . and already I am seeing PvP battles which consist of groups of combatants running circles around each other.
- There is nothing innovative about the game. The most glaring thing is that you're not only going to feel that you've done everything in this game while playing other game - you're going to realize that these other games did it better.

Grave_sl

shitlord
So I have read a fair bit on ESO but one thing I don't understand is the "mega-server". Could someone explain this to me? What are it's virtues?. Is there an advantage for PvPers somehow? PvP is a sideshow to me but it seems to be dominating the mmo field more and more.

I really love the whole traditional server. How can a megaserver hope to have that powerful "community" aspect that made early EQ and wow such special games? Many of my IRL friends were in a wow guild rather infamous for being mass banned for sploiting. When it happened us few survivors got a deluge of whispers from people we barely or did not know. Expressing disappointment, sympathy, anger, even a bit of pride. The point being it showed the extent of the community, people who grouped with one of us once 9 months or just cheered for our success via server pride felt it affected them also. Would any of the random people youll likely see once and never again on the mega-server care?

Can someone show me otherwise? Can a mega-server foster a genuine community beyond very broad stuff like "people who play eso"?
Advantages: You can always play with your friends, new and old. No struggling to get everyone you know on the same realm or paying for server transfers. Hardware can easily be upgraded and maintained to avoid issues seen in past MMOs where some servers were just worse than others until upgraded to new blades. Similarly, less chance of being unable to play because your particular server is down. Even if there is a failure somewhere, the megaserver can remain up.

Disadvantages: What you mentioned about "server pride" and possibly the desire to have a sub-community within the game. And, while above I mention the tech side being a potential advantage, it can also be a disadvantage early on if all of the kinks aren't worked out in time for the initial rush. We'll really have to wait and see how the megaserver holds up against such a barrage - but then, every MMO launch in the past decade has at least had login queues if not serious stability issues.

However, I don't think it will hurt community as much as you worry. Well known guilds will still form. People's names will be known within the global community rather than server only. You'll still be able to meet random people and see them again, and you have direct control over seeing those people more in the overland simply by friending them.

I feel like it's fairly superior. But then, I've been personally affected in various games where I either made new friends and couldn't play with them without a transfer or when a new game came out and people weren't synced up on which server to choose at launch so we just became separated. This solves that, which is big to me.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I figured I beat the game when I killed blue Sauron and logged out after the 30 second run to the next VO. Went back to not testing Wildstar. I'll try it again tomorrow when there's daylight in my house to brighten the bland world. I will say the engine is smoother than I expected but I only killed Sauron.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ut, while I'm inclined to agree with not enjoying the game either...you're gonna have to take it down a notch bud.

Thank you.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand this bug at all.

Once I finish fighting a mob, 8/10 times it bugs out my attacks, so I can no longer use any skills unless I press inventory or some other menu.

IE: I can draw an arrow against a mob, so I know I am about to attack. Press sneak. Arrow unhooks and I have to press a menu to be able to attack again. Rain of arrows for instance is an ability I should be able to use without any targets, but pressing the button does nothing until I enter a menu, then the targeting circle appears.

There are no error messages of any sort, just enter sort of a passive mode.

This never happened last beta, now it is happening constantly. Virtually unplayable now.

Gonna delete the addons to see if that fixes it.

I had installed Unity frames for group and raid, multiquest tracker and combat log. Not sure if any of those are bugged, but if this is the same client as last beta, then those things are the only differences as I didn't use addons last time.

EDIT: Removing the addons fixed it, so one of them broke the game.

EDIT2: A positive experience. Entered a cave that I had no quest marker for. Several quests inside. Nice to see content I haven't been led to by quest markers. Kind of sad that mmos of late have instilled a mentality in me of "Is there even a point going in there? I have no quests for that location". Glad I did, and glad there was a point to it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
What are people's thoughts between DW vs 2H

So far I'm leaning towards 2H just being better overall

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Well just finished about an ~8 hour run and got to level 9 or so... It's mediocre. I mean I would fart around waiting for WoD but unless there is some major elevation in fun at the latter levels, I can't see doing much with this. It feels very single player and console-ish so far. My buddy and I grouped up and spent most of our time not being able to see each other because we were phased into different portions of a quest line. They take phasing to new ridiculous heights in this game because my buddy would talk to some NPC like a second before me and in some cases we would just see each others arrows hovering above an invisible character until we turned in and caught back up. The menu's all take you to this portrait mode where you see your dipshit character standing there in attack stance looking stupid but of course you can still be attacked and shit which results in a flashing red screen and you have to hit alt or esc to back out and kill the mob. It is kind of humorous that when looking at the map other people see you actually bust out a map.