The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Uh, That knockback does work on players, used it all weekend. The disorient works, but it breaks on damge iirc.

I'm tempted to go bow NB or Bow Sorc, but I think I just might try a mainly melee NB with Bow on the side when needed.

From my experience melee had quite a few gap closers and once they were you on, you rarely escaped. Though in Mass pvp(zerg vs zerg), range will always have a advantage in pugs, just because they will stand off at range fighting back and forth. It's organized efforts where melee will have no problem fitting in.
A 2H NB gets a magicka gap closer and a stamina gap closer. I am still going dual wield though. Morphed whirlwind (steel tornado) that gives extra radius is really strong. The damage it shows in the tooltip is misleading. What it shows is the damage it does when the mob is at 100% health. For every 10% interval the target's health drops, whirlwind does more damage. When your target is down to 20-40% health, whirlwind does significant damage. Add on the fact it is AOE and you can dishing out a lot of damage. Ember explosion (AOE damage plus AOE 40% miss chance for 4 seconds) & Hidden Blade (ranged attack that snares and can be spammed) are very nice for PVP as well.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Can someone explain why with 30 days til launch, we still don't know hardly anything about raids and dungeons? Is that odd to anyone or does that seem normal?

The last time I remember that happening was TOR; there was an awful lot of talk about why they weren't showing dungeons and that kind of stuff and then the last two weeks I think, they showed some of the top level ones. Then I remember how horribly bugged they were like Eternity Vault and SOA, which took forever to fix.

I know most people here are DAoC fans or ex-players so the eye has been on PvP, but I find it strange that hardly anywhere do I see talk of the latter stages of the game, not necessarily endgame except "No, trust us. It's really good".

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can someone explain why with 30 days til launch, we still don't know hardly anything about raids and dungeons? Is that odd to anyone or does that seem normal?

The last time I remember that happening was TOR; there was an awful lot of talk about why they weren't showing dungeons and that kind of stuff and then the last two weeks I think, they showed some of the top level ones. Then I remember how horribly bugged they were like Eternity Vault and SOA, which took forever to fix.

I know most people here are DAoC fans or ex-players so the eye has been on PvP, but I find it strange that hardly anywhere do I see talk of the latter stages of the game, not necessarily endgame except "No, trust us. It's really good".
Raid game doesn't exist and won't until post launch. Which is why no one is hearing anything. (Adventure zones) Dungeons are a different story. When you continually see the same art design for armor, weapons, and other items, only with increased stats, it isn't really helping looking forward to getting cool new loot when it's the same graphical appearance in a lot of cases. (Not all mind you)

Bugs are always there obviously. Itemization in the dungeons (The entire game) really needs to be finished. And by finished, not reused art assets over and over.

Grave_sl

shitlord
Plenty of info about the instanced dungeons out there. Some guys were even streaming the veteran dungeons (basically Heroics) on twitch the other night and I think there's a VOD of that stream, though I can't recall who it was. Entropy Rising maybe?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You've got your facts confused over what I actually stated.

Question for the weekend beta testers. How was combat lag and keystroke responsiveness this past weekend compared to the previous weekend beta tests you participated in? Some of you have posted that there was significant server lag in Cyrodil so that is already a known issue. I am referring to your gameplay when there appeared to be no significant server lag.
It felt bad to me personally. The engine performs great, much better then Wildstar's. The thing that is keeping me from buying the game is the fact I just don't want to put in the effort to get to the point where I can PVP. I hope you and other people are pointing this out on the beta boards.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Plenty of info about the instanced dungeons out there. Some guys were even streaming the veteran dungeons (basically Heroics) on twitch the other night and I think there's a VOD of that stream, though I can't recall who it was. Entropy Rising maybe?
Grave, you should try to work some magic over there and allow PvP at level 1.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
Looks like they are actually going to add nameplates. Should of been in the game from the get go.

Support | The Elder Scrolls Online

Updated 03/02/2014 08:08 AM
The first beta weekend I was in, that setting was greyed out, then the next client made it disappear. I'm happy for its return.

When I decide to play another MMO or want info about one I will post in other threads. I have zero interest in Wildstar. What would it say about my personal character if I went into the Wildstar thread and started shitting it up knowing that I had no intention of ever playing it? I don't think many posters would think I was a valued member of the community if I did that.
I think the only posts I've made in the Wildstar thread were basically "why I'm not playing this." No one seemed to care much.
biggrin.png

Re: Magnum Shot

I'm pretty sure about a minute & 30 secs intothis videoI get hit by Magnum Shot and I'm both knocked back and dazed.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Raid game doesn't exist and won't until post launch. Which is why no one is hearing anything. (Adventure zones) Dungeons are a different story. When you continually see the same art design for armor, weapons, and other items, only with increased stats, it isn't really helping looking forward to getting cool new loot when it's the same graphical appearance in a lot of cases. (Not all mind you)

Bugs are always there obviously. Itemization in the dungeons (The entire game) really needs to be finished. And by finished, not reused art assets over and over.
I literally rolled my eyes when I went into one of the Torch "dungeons" (and that term is used loosely) and saw the layout. And then I had to do a double take about an hour later when I went into a different one with the SAME EXACT LAYOUT just with different "flavor" junk lying around. I zoned out thinking I had already done the dungeon then zoned back in after I confirmed that I had indeed not done it previously.

Look, I understand the concept of reusing resources. It's a time saving mechanic. But come up with a better layout than a square with a smaller square down in the lower corner, Mmm'kay? And certainly don't reuse that one twice in a limited level range. That's just lazy.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I literally rolled my eyes when I went into one of the Torch "dungeons" (and that term is used loosely) and saw the layout. And then I had to do a double take about an hour later when I went into a different one with the SAME EXACT LAYOUT just with different "flavor" junk lying around. I zoned out thinking I had already done the dungeon then zoned back in after I confirmed that I had indeed not done it previously.

Look, I understand the concept of reusing resources. It's a time saving mechanic. But come up with a better layout than a square with a smaller square down in the lower corner, Mmm'kay? And certainly don't reuse that one twice in a limited level range. That's just lazy.
This is such a huge issue for me. Everything looks the same. Over, and over... I also am with you in the camp that I can understand some re-used art assets. Even WoW did this with a lot of inns and caves. But at least with dungeons they were all hand crafted, itemization and art was unique, and still is to this day - so when you get a cool piece of loot you are wondering what it looks like when you don it for the first time. It's over the top disgusting here in TESO.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

What do you want to know about dungeons? There are 3 varieties: torch, public group dungeon and private group dungeon. Each zone has 6 torch dungeons, and one each of the other two. Torch dungeons are essentially just caves with a skyshard and a boss at the end. They are soloable in 10-15 minutes. The public group dungeons are not instanced (similar to EQ1 dungeons). In my fanboy/shill opinion, the private group dungeons are in between EQ1 and vanilla WoW in terms of challenge and fun. I really enjoyed running them but I am biased towards dungeon crawling. Your group has to play smart and work together as a team. The trash pulls can't be AOE tanked so if you approach the pulls like modern day WoW and its clones where AOE tanking is simple, you will find your group wiping a lot. Every boss I have encountered so far had a AI script with some mechanic you had to deal with. I haven't seen a tank and spank encounter yet but there may be some in other dungeons I haven't run yet. BTW you have access to the private group dungeons in the other two factions while you are leveling. Once you get to veteran levels, there are veteran versions of the private group dungeons. They are brutally difficult based on the comments of guildmates who have run them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Wouldn't be a TES game without the incredibly repetitive cookie-cutter dungeons.

Elder_Scrolls_-_Daggerfall_%2528DOS%2529_08.png

mw06.jpg

OBLIVION1_003-large.jpg

Draugr-Crypt-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-28219919-1280-720.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
What do you want to know about dungeons? There are 3 varieties: torch, public group dungeon and private group dungeon. Each zone has 6 torch dungeons, and one each of the other two. Torch dungeons are essentially just caves with a skyshard and a boss at the end. They are soloable in 10-15 minutes. The public group dungeons are not instanced (similar to EQ1 dungeons). In my fanboy/shill opinion, the private group dungeons are in between EQ1 and vanilla WoW in terms of challenge and fun. I really enjoyed running them but I am biased towards dungeon crawling. Your group has to play smart and work together as a team. The trash pulls can't be AOE tanked so if you approach the pulls like modern day WoW and its clones where AOE tanking is simple, you will find your group wiping a lot. Every boss I have encountered so far had a AI script with some mechanic you had to deal with. I haven't seen a tank and spank encounter yet but there may be some in other dungeons I haven't run yet. BTW you have access to the private group dungeons in the other two factions while you are leveling. Once you get to veteran levels, there are veteran versions of the private group dungeons. They are brutally difficult based on the comments of guildmates who have run them.
I agree with you on the challenge level of the dungeons, It was pretty insane when I did the 3 available at level 12. Tanking was all over the place, it was a bit of chaos. 10x more uncontrollable than EQ/WoW. Not sure this is an upside, but it was pretty hard. The skill point at the end was a worthwhile deal, however the replayability isn't there for me.

Replayability of the PVE is non-existant as far as reward for time spent. PVE Dungeons loot tables aren't as good as openworld content loot tables (In terms of purples that drop from the zone bosses, and the sheer mass of greens you can get from just grinding (as stated in a previous post of mine).

I think most of the dudes I know will only do the dungeon for the skill point early on, sticking to the most efficient leveling scheme in order to maximize the advantage they can have in cyrodil, which is widely considered the game's only positive selling point.