The Elder Scrolls Online

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm looking forward to the release of this game. I can not wait.

Why? I am looking forward to seeing all the people who buy the game for launch day, and then can't get into the game for hours, days or even a week. For the life of me, I can't understand why people buy these online games and actually expect to play them on launch day. Do people never learn?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Played a bit of Ebon faction tonight. Several quest bugs before even reaching level 10. Ald faction is the favored child, for sure.
The easy answer is for any quest that requires a spawn to re-log; that resets the quest phase where the game becomes confused because 10x10^2343 a-holes are trying to run the same quest. I was able to complete all of Benthik tonight where a dozen of ass-hats were sitting in zone chat bitching about "game is s0 bust3d" rather than take a few min to do a work-around.

I plan on being able to play at the start of early access, and then not worrying about it the first few days because "lol infrastructure".

Telestin

The easy answer is for any quest that requires a spawn to re-log; that resets the quest phase where the game becomes confused because 10x10^2343 a-holes are trying to run the same quest. I was able to complete all of Benthik tonight where a dozen of ass-hats were sitting in zone chat bitching about "game is s0 bust3d" rather than take a few min to do a work-around.
Relogging to complete quests = Game working as intended?

Marple_sl

shitlord
I'm so not gonna touch this one. While it might have some new Elements in it, after all it is the same theme-park-zero-consequences-non-dynamic-world we have since forever.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It will save them from having to consolidate 150 servers into 5 in a few months once 95% of the suckers who bought this game finally come to grips with the fact that it's a steaming pile of shit. It's genius, really; I bet the guys at Bioware wish they'd thought of it.
Gamer have had enough.

Anyone here that shills this shit from here on out should be branded and banned.

Boloboy

I can understand if people don't like this game or it isn't for them but why continue to crusade in here? I personally don't read threads or post in them if I am not into the game or if its not for me. Guess I`m just crazy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I can understand if people don't like this game or it isn't for them but why continue to crusade in here? I personally don't read threads or post in them if I am not into the game or if its not for me. Guess I`m just crazy.
Because this game is actually offensive to a lot of people. It's AT BEST, completely mediocre, and a huge flaming pile of shit at worst. But that isn't going to matter because they are going to do everything they can to milk every cent out of preorders/collectors/sub fees/cash shop because of the Elder Scrolls name. Then it will crash and burn in 30-60 days, be free to play before the end of the year, and Bethesda (not saying they have anything to do with this dumpster fire, but they'll eat the blame for it from the masses)is going to have a whole hell of a lot of dubious and pissed of people to deal with come their next actual release.

And it fucking sucks and people need to stop falling for it so studious stop running smash and grab bullshit schemes like this.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Cancel your orders and make a difference you God Damn Sheep.
I'm buying the earliest access I can and then claiming the name "Utnayan".

I am then taking all my banked vacation time and poopsocking my way to be the first Emperor in TESO. I will stream it on twitch.

You're gonna be famous for being the most hardcore TESO player of them all.

signati_sl

shitlord
It's a lesser known side effect of eating lead paint chips as a child. Some people think they can change the world from the comfort of a computer chair by shitposting in forums. In this case, some people think they can impact whether this game succeeds or not.

That or they like rustling jimmies just to bring some sort of balance to this thread, otherwise we'd all be circlejerking about how awesome ESO is. The fact that they ran out of intelligent criticism a few dozen pages ago says more than we can by arguing with them.

Ut should keep it up. He's doing God's work. That or he should look into chelation. It just depends which of the above it really is.

That said, this latest patch sucks as much as it's awesome. Anyone else start seeing entire keep walls fail to render? At least the compass works in Cyrodiil now...

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You forgot the "not" in front of crazy.

The weekend betas do seem to always give the haters massive conniption fits.

Boloboy

I switched to sorc this weekend over nightblade from the previous. I am enjoying sorc quit a bit more.

Caliane

hes not trying to convince you. hes convincing the lurkers that read the thread.

Every day, especially as we get closer to launch, new people will come into this thread and only read that last 2 pages at most for a recap on general state of the game. If all the naysayers say their peace and bail out. Those lurkers will never see voice of reason, only the blind fanboys. Someone needs to repeat this game is shit over and over. And frankly I'm glad I don't have to do it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh come on it's not like it's some revelation that any of the MMO's he hates on is terrible. Anyone with common sense and half an idea of what a good game is already knew those games were garbage from the get go. It was no surprise to anyone that Vanguard was garbage at release.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Played off/on about 7 hours yesterday. I'm STILL not out of the noob zone and by that I mean 1-10. What the hell is wrong with this game, lol?

Even when you ding a level, that takes like.. a full minute for the game to tell you everything you leveled up and all the points you got in super-slow mo, dramatic movie scroll, lol. I dinged and had already started running away to do something else and "Oh.. you got a skillpoint." Cool. Stop fix it. Run. "Hey, don't forget this other thing too." Stop. Fix that. Run. "and this too..". 50 levels of that to look forward to.

Started AD, picked sorcerer. Freed from jail.. no staff. Figure I missed something so I ran around the entire area again looking for a staff. Finally gave up on that and took the sword figuring I'd find a staff later on.

I did.. five levels, three claymores, two bows, and four swords later. Not kidding. When mentioning that in the /zone got fanboy replies "Why didn't you just go craft/buy one?" Nice. I mean if that'ssupposedto be a feature (not equipping people with their main class items to start the game), let a brother know upfront. This Escape from New York shit wasn't a nice surprise, just a huge time waster.

Bugged Cowering Melandra or whatever her name is main quest at the shrine, bugged Panthro-spy guy main quest at Kel Island (three times), numerous smaller bug quests all about. Are they SURE they want to launch this in about 20 days? Level 7 now.

Wasn't all bad and there's a lot of stuff I'm impressed with (music, scenery, lighting) so I'm going back to attempt to get out of there in a bit. Can't get worse or slower than it is now.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
When he stops being right about most new MMOs being fucking terrible you might have a point.
To most of the jaded gamers here, everything since EQ1 has been "terrible". If the MMO doesn't compel you to spend every spare minute of your life playing the game, then it sucks.

Hey I fixed my login timeout problem. I had to reset my router and then take off the built in firewall (just unclicking the firewall in the router setup screen was not enough). The patcher then found some files to update. It let me put the firewall back on afterwards but man that was a pain in the butt. I guess on the positive side, things like this are really what late betas are supposed to be about. Also, I had a lot of fun banging my head against the problem so I guess there is that.

Caliane

Played off/on about 7 hours yesterday. I'm STILL not out of the noob zone and by that I mean 1-10. What the hell is wrong with this game, lol?

Even when you ding a level, that takes like.. a full minute for the game to tell you everything you leveled up and all the points you got in super-slow mo, dramatic movie scroll, lol. I dinged and had already started running away to do something else and "Oh.. you got a skillpoint." Cool. Stop fix it. Run. "Hey, don't forget this other thing too." Stop. Fix that. Run. "and this too..". 50 levels of that to look forward to.

Started AD, picked sorcerer. Freed from jail.. no staff. Figure I missed something so I ran around the entire area again looking for a staff. Finally gave up on that and took the sword figuring I'd find a staff later on.

I did.. five levels, three claymores, two bows, and four swords later. Not kidding. When mentioning that in the /zone got fanboy replies "Why didn't you just go craft/buy one?" Nice. I mean if that'ssupposedto be a feature (not equipping people with their main class items to start the game), let a brother know upfront. This Escape from New York shit wasn't a nice surprise, just a huge time waster.

Bugged Cowering Melandra or whatever her name is main quest at the shrine, bugged Panthro-spy guy main quest at Kel Island (three times), numerous smaller bug quests all about. Are they SURE they want to launch this in about 20 days? Level 7 now.

Wasn't all bad and there's a lot of stuff I'm impressed with (music, scenery, lighting) so I'm going back to attempt to get out of there in a bit. Can't get worse or slower than it is now.
what makes you think staves are sorcerers main class items?

that said.... I myself even asserted there should be a new quest added, after the tutorial intro, which walks you through picking out a new weapon.
Removing the choice from the tutorial. good idea. not replacing it with another at a later point. not a good idea.

Part of the problem is just that, players do not understand any class can use any weapon, or armor. you can in fact totally make a DW sorc. or staff night blade. The skills are not mutually exclusive.
you can make a nightblade in cloth armor, and a staff.

Staves do use magicka. the physical weapons use stamina.
Cloth armor gives magicka bonuses.
All class skills use magicka. sorc, nightblade, templar, and dragonknight.

Would nightblades using siphoning to TANK with heavy armor and shield be the best tanks?
or what would they even be like using a resto staff, or destro staff? Draining life, and magicka.