The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
There were people who got to Vr6 on just the weekend betas. Trust me you will see VR10s inside a week most likely.
Maybe so but the #1 grinding method (public dungeons) just got a roughly 80% nerf to the amount of EXP per kill. EXP for kills in the VR zones got nerfed as well. When they games goes live, people won't be leveling near as fast as they were in beta. Even if some people live, breath, eat and crap TESO 24/7 for the first couple of weeks to get to VR 10 as fast as possible, big whoopitty do. They are going to be a relatively small percentage of the player base. In mid to late April when AZs are implemented in the first content patch, I would be willing to bet the large majority of guilds won't have enough VR10s to do the raid content.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe so but the #1 grinding method (public dungeons) just got a roughly 80% nerf to the amount of EXP per kill. EXP for kills in the VR zones got nerfed as well. When they games goes live, people won't be leveling near as fast as they were in beta. Even if some people live, breath, eat and crap TESO 24/7 for the first couple of weeks to get to VR 10 as fast as possible, big whoopitty do. They are going to be a relatively small percentage of the player base. In mid to late April when AZs are implemented in the first content patch, I would be willing to bet the large majority of guilds won't have enough VR10s to do the raid content.
Where are you getting this mid to late april stuff?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First mmo in my life I have cancelled my pre order. Grats Skyrim 2

SIll have my EQNL alpha even though i dont play it. (I would rather support sony than zenimax, those fucking buumbling idiots)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You sound really furious. And dumb.
How so? Only real dumb part of the comment was calling it Skyrim 2 as it is more of a Skyrim 0.5.

Pre-ordering is by definition fairly stupid, as you are putting money down on a unknown product (though mmo's with betas are slightly less unknown). So canceling his was a smart move. Landmark is also quite far beyond ESO in terms of "what it can turn into later". Even something as simple as the patcher is next gen with Landmark (it downloads and patches at the same time), while the patcher for ESO is hands down the worst I have ever seen in a mmo (and that includes the broken mess the WoW patcher was for the first year).

Sony and David Georgeson is setting new standards when it comes to community interaction and openness with their product with Landmark, so supporting them over Zenimax is very understandable.

Personally I like that they lower the exp gains. In nearly every mmo I have played, once I hit max, and can no longer progress my character, I lose interest as grinding for hours for a little +1 stat to a item is not fun to me. If they can add end game content before that happens, good. But, so far, this seems to be a case of
- Oops, our end game content is not ready, let us lower exp gains to slow the way to the top
- Let us put content intended for launch in as a initial month "content patch" , so it seems we are doing a grand job.

My guess is that the first content patch will hit soon (as I do think the adventure zones were planned for launch), but it will be a long time between that and the next one. Perhaps 2-3 content patches before it goes F2P later in the year as I highly suspect over 60% to cancel their subs within the first 3 months.

All that said, with the consolitis UI and such, is there controller support planned for the PC version? Similar to FF 14, where you could switch to the Console UI even if you were playing on a PC?

Fogia_sl

shitlord
Pre-ordering is by definition fairly stupid, as you are putting money down on a unknown product
Putting money down on a unknown product is not stupid. It's just taking a risk. It's up to each person to decide if the risk is worth it or not.

What's stupid is throwing around such arguments, because it's basically the kind of thing every single person (including you) does on a daily basis, from buying food at a totally new place, to purchasing a flat off-plan.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Sony and David Georgeson is setting new standards when it comes to community interaction and openness with their product with Landmark, so supporting them over Zenimax is very understandable.
Ok this part of your comment is ridiculous. SOE deserves every bit of the hate it gets for all the ways they've fucked players and their products up. ZOS is relatively new to MMOs so I'm more apt to cut them slack minus their head guy who is a total douche bag.

SOE has everything to prove with EQNext and we should all be skeptical as fuck until they prove they can deliver.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Pre-ordering is by definition fairly stupid, as you are putting money down on a unknown product(though mmo's with betas are slightly less unknown).
You are confusing preordering with 'kickstarting'. Anyways, we pre-order based on word of mouth and company reputation. It's never stupid, in my humble opinion, but there are varying levels of hope and accepted returns based on those.

I'm still on the fence. I'm enjoying Dark Souls II, but Zenimax has the benefit of outside of my 45 minutes a month of SWTOR, I'm fairly MMO free currently.

I could not care less about the exp changes or the UI which will be slowly tweaked and I understand the rationale for that. What I'm more concerned with is proof their tech isn't the steaming pile of shit that it was in the last two beta weekends. I'm not sold on that yet. They screwed up by not showing a stable product last weekend.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I could not care less about the exp changes or the UI which will be slowly tweaked and I understand the rationale for that. What I'm more concerned with is proof their tech isn't the steaming pile of shit that it was in the last two beta weekends. I'm not sold on that yet. They screwed up by not showing a stable product last weekend.
If you are referring to the large number of quests that broke during the last weekend beta test, in the reddit AMA they stated that was due to 3 bugs which they claim have been fixed.

I agree with you that they screwed the pooch from a PR perspective.