The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Seems typical. I didn't see any mention of whether the 12man raids would provide loot better than PVP/crafted/quested/whatever.
That's what I was looking for, personally.... And maybe a reference to a high-end encounter (dragon, boss daedra etc)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They also claim the three root causes of the bugs were fixed but we won't know until the game goes live. Of course the ZOS employees could also be outright blatantly lying to the entire TESO player base but I'll take their word for it over someone who just makes up statistics out of thin air.
They also said they were fixed in the last 3 beta weekend patches. Whatever a developer says, comes directly from Paul Sage. (No Source) I find it intriguing how you must think the 4th time is the charm in fixing these issues without even testing the fixes in the same environment they were broken in, in the first place. (Stress testing) Because as you know, they weren't broken on PTS in closed beta. So my question to you is, how can they know it is fixed when they haven't had another stress to test those fixes? Which means they were obtuse on purpose. The three issues were Megaserver, load balancing issues, and broken phasing as a result. Their fix is the solo queue server and a hard cap on the megaserver which will adjust.

But neither the solo queue server has been tested, nor the character copy system, nor the caps on megaserver, nor the automation/scripting to send characters to copy to and from mega to the queue. (Under Stress)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
My way I will want to play is after a couple weeks be able to log into Cyr megaserver whenever I want to queue up for PVP.

I'll be ok with overflow servers initially leveling and so on , but with standard servers in other mmo's I could make sure as hell to not pick the "unnofficial server for everything thus a clusterfuck for a month at launch" server and not have queue problems.

With this setup , the megaserver may still have me in a serious long queue after a couple weeks when everyone is sick of the overflow server and wants to PVP/actually play with their guild/friends in PVE.

It might work out well , it might also make the problem stretch out longer and be worse. I just never had a serious problem with standard servers before , and am hoping this doesn't cause more issues than it fixes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Every "fact" Utnayan makes up becomes true after he repeats it three times.

Maybe the unknown ZOS employees who he claims post on this board leaked secret development info to him gave him that data. What I do know is a few ZOS employees publicly stated the problems with the broken quests during the last weekend beta test had nothing to do with megaserver/phasing technical issues. They also claim the three root causes of the bugs were fixed but we won't know until the game goes live. Of course the ZOS employees could also be outright blatantly lying to the entire TESO player base but I'll take their word for it over someone who just makes up statistics out of thin air.
Spoiler: It's going to be fucked up.

You can't just roll up an entirely new server architecture, not test it on a mass scale and then release the game without problems.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

You can't just roll up an entirely new server architecture, not test it on a mass scale and then release the game without problems.
This is really all that needs to be said. PRX will dominate as long as they can get in and play. (Source: Utnayan and various Youtube videos with rave music attached)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Well, Adventure zones sound totally lame. Missed opportunity. Oh well.
You get forced grouping like in EQ1 and some 12 man raids. Those of you who complained earlier that TESO was too much of a single player game and didn't promote socializing with other players should like AZs.

I'm hoping the AZ trials are don't take 4+ hours to complete like some PVE raids in other games. My playtime in MMOs now is limited to 1-2 hour chunks if I'm lucky.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Every MMO I have played has had a screwed up launch with WoW being one of the worst. I fully expect TESO to have some technical problems the first week or so. Has anyone here asserted it would be a smooth launch?

I don't recall anyone here complaining much about lag, disconnects, etc during the last weekend beta. The common complaint from several people were the large number of broken quests. I never played on weekend beta so someone confirm how server stability was the last time. Better than the typical MMO launch or worse?

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Also, jesus, how can you support a game that says they aren't interested in experts or minmaxers? Holy fuck, people complain Blizzard caters to casuals, at least they don't tell expert players to fuck off.
I can support a game that doesnt cater to minmaxers. I have never been an add-on master nor cared. I am a casual, old gamer who plays games as the devs intended. When I dont like a game, I just stop playing and thats that.

I'm actually pretty satisfied that the Devs gave a middle finger to mods/add-on folks. Everybody is on the same footing.

There is a circle jerk going on here where 4-5 pissed off neckbeards think they represent all gamers. Fact is, most gamers are like me who do not give a fig about these changes and will play merrily, not giving a second thought.

ESO is the next big MMO, and there is just not enough bluster on this site to do anything to stop it. The game is in a much better state than anything released since WoW.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can support a game that doesnt cater to minmaxers. I have never been an add-on master nor cared. I am a casual, old gamer who plays games as the devs intended. When I dont like a game, I just stop playing and thats that.

I'm actually pretty satisfied that the Devs gave a middle finger to mods/add-on folks. Everybody is on the same footing.

There is a circle jerk going on here where 4-5 pissed off neckbeards think they represent all gamers. Fact is, most gamers are like me who do not give a fig about these changes and will play merrily, not giving a second thought.

ESO is the next big MMO, and there is just not enough bluster on this site to do anything to stop it. The game is in a much better state than anything released since WoW.
It's telling when the people most upset about the lack of addons are the people who have extensively played it on the PTS.

What level are you on the PTS?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That is some strong fucking kool-aid.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, Adventure zones sound totally lame. Missed opportunity. Oh well.
Yep. The rumors about it being a raid-zone and whatnot are gone: it's a pure max level dungeon, but outdoor (original!).

The Trials sound like Challenge mode dungeons on steroids (and for 3 groups). Not raids; there doesn't appear to be anything gained except bragging rights for now. I supposed they'll get around adding cosmetic shit gotten from points during Trials.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yep. The rumors about it being a raid-zone and whatnot are gone: it's a pure max level dungeon, but outdoor (original!).

The Trials sound like Challenge mode dungeons on steroids (and for 3 groups). Not raids; there doesn't appear to be anything gained except bragging rights for now. I supposed they'll get around adding cosmetic shit gotten from points during Trials.
What is the minimum number of players required before it officially becomes a raid?

The most fun raid I ever had in a MMO was Karazhan in WoW and that was a 10 man.