The Elder Scrolls Online

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
@ all the supposed ESO developers here.

Can you all please chip in on a EQ Landmark account and download the patcher and see how one is supposed to work?

Thank you.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
That's one thing I have to give SoE , they seem to know how to run the infrastructure well.

Pulled that EQL download down close to LAN speed over 60Meg connection.

@ all the supposed ESO developers here.

Can you all please chip in on a EQ Landmark account and download the patcher and see how one is supposed to work?

Thank you.
Their patcher is a mess. I had a bizarre error that I needed to reset my router's firewall to fix last beta. Seriously, some single file was running afoul of the firewall but not registering as an error in the patcher. The patcher said A- OK all set and passed me to the server but then the server refused to authenticate. Took me forever to narrow it down as a problem with the patcher.

Yeah the patcher kind of sucks, but at least I'm able to copy/paste and move around the installation folder without any fuss and no "proper" windows installation. Do like that. Unfortunately bagel bites hurt the roof of my mouth.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
If you buy straight from zenimax, you get 5 days no matter what. If you buy from a 3rd party, you have to buy the imperial to get 5 days, otherwise its 3.
Nice! Thanks for that, Cinge! I almost bought from GMG, not realizing you could get he 5 day head start when buying directly from the ESO site.

Im in, see you guys Sunday!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nice! Thanks for that, Cinge! I almost bought from GMG, not realizing you could get he 5 day head start when buying directly from the ESO site.

Im in, see you guys Sunday!
Don't do this.

At this point if you are going into it and want the 5 days, you may as well buy the imperial edition (5 days) with a 20% off coupon that throws it down to $64 even. (GMG) Especially if you get taxed and pay the same price with tax for the normal edition.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_63590.jpg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still undecided between Group Healer (Sorc) or permastealth Archer (Nighhtblade). I really feel classes without vanish / upgraded stealth will in RvR-type PvP are the guys getting killed first. On the other side, if you have a nice group who knows its stuff, as a Healer you'll be a God amongst humans.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Don't do this.

At this point if you are going into it and want the 5 days, you may as well buy the imperial edition (5 days) with a 20% off coupon that throws it down to $64 even. (GMG) Especially if you get taxed and pay the same price with tax for the normal edition.
Sounds like someone has been looking for bargains.

Blackwulf

N00b
Don't do this.

Ut, I'll let you join my RP guild where we walk around the capital city dressed in our Imperial dress uniforms, lording it over the peasants.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Still undecided between Group Healer (Sorc) or permastealth Archer (Nighhtblade). I really feel classes without vanish / upgraded stealth will in RvR-type PvP are the guys getting killed first. On the other side, if you have a nice group who knows its stuff, as a Healer you'll be a God amongst humans.
Im torn between a Templar, who can still heal while holding a dps weapon, and a Nightblade who can stealth away from trouble or for ganks. Tough to decide. There is no question stealth helps you survive. But the usefulness of click-and-go AoE heals is nice.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
When you say permastealth, are you referring to the Medium Armor trait Improved Sneak?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'd be surprised if he didn't buy it.

At the end of the day, and no matter what gets said on these boards, Ut is a gamer just like the rest of us. There are plenty of lulz to be had in TESO RvRvR, and he'd be missing out on what will probably be a hilariously fun launch.

There will surely be a few twats who give him a hard time over purchasing after railing against it so hard, though. There always are, and they always sound absurd. Time is a flat circle.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you say permastealth, are you referring to the Medium Armor trait Improved Sneak?
Heh, by permastealth I'm referring to "being able to stealth anytime without much hassle, open gank people, pick fights and vanish like a little bitch whenever you're in trouble". I didn't imply anything theorycraft wise.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda crazy how big the teso folder is, 58GB is huge.

Wonder if there is any way to trim it down with the game auto-dowloading it all back.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Given your post history, I'm pretty surprised you've bought the game. You seemed pretty negative.

I want to play the game, but I'm almost ambivalent at this point in time. This is the most unexcited I think I've ever been for a game release. However, I've finished Dark Souls 2, I'm bored of P99, and SWTOR is only entertaining to me in small doses.

I have a love/hate relationship with this game currently. I hope it changes next week.