The Elder Scrolls Online

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Servers going down for maintence in 10 mins.
560136fbb4819f462d2404f9affd01e7.JPG

8 am EST and servers are still down I had thought they would have them up by morning .

Any Guesses now?
All I can think of.

I've had three bugged quests in 22 levels. Each time I only had to relog once to get them fixed. I've played probably 10 quests that were really enjoyable stories - certainly on par with the good ones from Skyrim. They made combat much better - much more tangible and immersive. Graphics are great except for jumping animations making me float which I hate. I have done all three types of dungeons and really had fun in each. Levelling is slower than in other MMOs but I personally feel like I am going too fast and have started just doing the lowest level quest on my list instead of quest bunching so I can savor some of the good ones.

Servers were really stable but it seems they have hit a big fat snag at the moment. Reddit is claiming some kind of login bug? Dunno. I need to work now anyway.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Apparently a bug reared its ugly head that was causing players to log into their account but another account's characters showing up. Full access to all the other accounts characters, bank, gold etc.. Reminds me of the really bad bug that happened when Rift launched that caused a lot of security issues. The Rift problem was worse because you could actually capture the other accounts user name and password and it doesn't seem like you can with this ESO problem. Trion made it worse by not catching it and it when on for days until aplayerfigured out how it was being done and notified Trion.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Apparently a bug reared its ugly head that was causing players to log into their account but another account's characters showing up. Full access to all the other accounts characters, bank, gold etc.. Reminds me of the really bad bug that happened when Rift launched that caused a lot of security issues. The Rift problem was worse because you could actually capture the other accounts user name and password and it doesn't seem like you can with this ESO problem. Trion made it worse by not catching it and it when on for days until aplayerfigured out how it was being done and notified Trion.
I remember that from Trion. COINLOCK to the rescue two days later! (and it's crazy list of demands and restrictions)

Coin Lock

- Users will be coin locked if they log in from a different location or computer. When their account is coin locked, they will be sent an email to the address that they have on their account (their login email) with a code to enter into the game.

Users will see the Coin Locked icon in the spot where their tutorial button shows up. Deactivating the tutorial tips will not turn off the Coin Locked button.

While in a Coin Locked status, users will have the following limitations:
?No access to the auction house
?No ability to SEND mail, or accept CoD mail. Users can still receive and view mail as well as remove items from mail
?No ability to SELL to vendors. Users can still purchase items from vendors
?No ability to salvage, runebreak, or destroy items
?No ability to delete characters
?No ability to trade
?Logging into an account with an existing connection will now force the connected account to fully exit the game.
?Decreased the cooldown between requests to re-send Coin Lock key emails.
?Users can continue to play and gain coin and items, but cannot get rid of them.

If you are Coin Locked, simply click on the Coin Locked icon and enter the code found in your email from Trion.

Dunhill

N00b
Anyone using overwolf for TS3 and can get it to work? It's not "always on top" for me and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Edit: Or know another plugin that works perhaps?

esloan_sl

shitlord
I remember that from Trion. COINLOCK to the rescue two days later! (and it's crazy list of demands and restrictions)

Coin Lock

- Users will be coin locked if they log in from a different location or computer. When their account is coin locked, they will be sent an email to the address that they have on their account (their login email) with a code to enter into the game.

Users will see the Coin Locked icon in the spot where their tutorial button shows up. Deactivating the tutorial tips will not turn off the Coin Locked button.

While in a Coin Locked status, users will have the following limitations:
.No access to the auction house
.No ability to SEND mail, or accept CoD mail. Users can still receive and view mail as well as remove items from mail
.No ability to SELL to vendors. Users can still purchase items from vendors
.No ability to salvage, runebreak, or destroy items
.No ability to delete characters
.No ability to trade
.Logging into an account with an existing connection will now force the connected account to fully exit the game.
.Decreased the cooldown between requests to re-send Coin Lock key emails.
.Users can continue to play and gain coin and items, but cannot get rid of them.

If you are Coin Locked, simply click on the Coin Locked icon and enter the code found in your email from Trion.
Coin Lock was actually pretty ingenious and worked well. For days, though, Trion insisted that it was a user vulnerability that was causing the problem. Thousands of people were losing their accounts, I had four separate friends get hit with it, all in the space of 2 days and their PCs were spotless, no chance for keyloggers or anything. Trion dropped the ball there, big time. It was the black-eye of an otherwise solid launch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't buy this game, only came here to read what people are saying - I can't get over the fact that Ut bought this. Credibility forever tarnished.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Coin Lock was actually pretty ingenious and worked well. For days, though, Trion insisted that it was a user vulnerability that was causing the problem. Thousands of people were losing their accounts, I had four separate friends get hit with it, all in the space of 2 days and their PCs were spotless, no chance for keyloggers or anything. Trion dropped the ball there, big time. It was the black-eye of an otherwise solid launch.
Welcome Zenimax to the world of virgin mmo launches. Enjoy your stay! (yes, still not launch yet, despite all the premature kudos)

esloan_sl

shitlord
Welcome Zenimax to the world of virgin mmo launches. Enjoy your stay! (yes, still not launch yet, despite all the premature kudos)
I still think the launch has been pretty good, the latest downtime notwithstanding, its certainly been better than quite a few MMOs I can think of off the top of my head. The good thing is, the engine runs so well, that if they get the other problems knocked out the game will run pretty damn flawlessly. The engine really is incredible.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you twist his arm you might get Tuco to admit he had fun running a PVE private dungeon last night. We pulled it off with no tank and a crappy healer (me).
"Ok what do we have, 2 sorcs, a nightblade and a templar."
"I'm a templar I can heal. Hang on I have to have a healing staff somewhere...."

It was a good time, thanks for setting it up, I was planning on never doing that dungeon at an appropriate level!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I still think the launch has been pretty good, the latest downtime notwithstanding, its certainly been better than quite a few MMOs I can think of off the top of my head. The good thing is, the engine runs so well, that if they get the other problems knocked out the game will run pretty damn flawlessly. The engine really is incredible.
Not a launch. Pre-launch. It's just preferred pre-seating in a movie theatre at this point. House lights haven't even gone down yet.

I can see that once they get everything worked out, the game will be decent but this (and the promise of a lag-free, seamless launch) is exactly why I didn't pre-order. I'm usually the guy that buys the new car a year later off the lot anyways. Hell, I still haven't played The Last of Us, Borderlands 2 or Skyrim.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Ok what do we have, 2 sorcs, a nightblade and a templar."
"I'm a templar I can heal. Hang on I have to have a healing staff somewhere...."

It was a good time, thanks for setting it up, I was planning on never doing that dungeon at an appropriate level!
Dungeons are fun, but tanks are really dicking the dog here. I get that you haven't put tons of passives into 1h+shield or probably don't even wear heavy armor, but the least they could do is block the 4 second swing heavy attacks <_<

edit: Still only wiped a few times, dungeon bosses seem very kiteable on the whole though :p

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Alliance War
General
Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.

rrr_img_63900.jpg