The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
"MMO's arent getting better - just repeated so just settle for whats out there and be content."

Thats what this sounds like and its the most bullshit logic on this thread. So since shits not getting better people should just deal with what we have and not bypass shitty, boring, monotonous games and keep supporting the developers that are making them?
That's not what I meant at all. Shits not getting better because TESO is currently at the top of the pile IMO. For me, looking back on major MMORPG releases of the last 5 years, TESO is a far superior experience. Maybe An argument could be made for Rift from a PVE perspective... But that's about it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Should I not be using my power attack all the time? I feel like I'm doing something wrong....I'm dying quite a bit. Especially to named quest mobs ( level 7)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's not what I meant at all. Shits not getting better because TESO is currently at the top of the pile IMO. For me, looking back on major MMORPG releases of the last 5 years, TESO is a far superior experience. Maybe An argument could be made for Rift from a PVE perspective... But that's about it.
Equating how good a games launch is to how fun it is - is bad trend to set. To you TESO may be at the top but per this thread its not like that for everyone. WoW will remain top dog for the foreseeable future. The only really interesting MMO in development is EQN, and Wildstar doesnt do enough to set it apart from whats already out there in my opinion.

At any rate this is a moot topic based around peoples opinions and likes/dislikes so no ground can be made on this topic.

I will however say the game looks beautiful, but thats where the intrigue starts and ends for me.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Equating how good a games launch is to how fun it is - is bad trend to set. To you TESO may be at the top but per this thread its not like that for everyone. WoW will remain top dog for the foreseeable future. The only really interesting MMO in development is EQN, and Wildstar doesnt do enough to set it apart from whats already out there in my opinion.

At any rate this is a moot topic based around peoples opinions and likes/dislikes so no ground can be made on this topic.

I will however say the game looks beautiful, but thats where the intrigue starts and ends for me.
If you are talking accounts, yeah WOW will remain top dog. If you are talking overall MMO, TESO is better by most measurements except subs, old school combat, and raids. Graphics, Class Design, PVP, and world are far, far better in TESO. WOW is selling based on it's name more than anything fun.

WOW bores the fuck out of me. I personally have no idea how people can keep paying Blizzard, but if they enjoy the dailies or raids, more power to them. TESO's big problem right now is that despite having a class system that destroys WOW/EQ and great PVP their Combat is mediocre and the Diku setup is a bit tired for me.

There's a reason Blizzard are making wholesale changes to WOW in the next expansion <and really, the last>. It's not because they are top dog, it's because most of their playerbase who are actually sub based and Western are teetering on leaving for good.

I don't have much hope for EQ Next. It's going in the wrong direction, in my opinion. It's going to end up Zyngaland. The next revolution will come from a small shop that 'gets it' about player freedom and content.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you are talking accounts, yeah WOW will remain top dog. If you are talking overall MMO, TESO is better by most measurements except subs, old school combat, and raids. Graphics, Class Design, PVP, and world are far, far better in TESO. WOW is selling based on it's name more than anything fun.

WOW bores the fuck out of me. I personally have no idea how people can keep paying Blizzard, but if they enjoy the dailies or raids, more power to them. TESO's big problem right now is that despite having a class system that destroys WOW/EQ and great PVP their Combat is mediocre and the Diku setup is a bit tired for me.

There's a reason Blizzard are making wholesale changes to WOW in the next expansion <and really, the last>. It's not because they are top dog, it's because most of their playerbase who are actually sub based and Western are teetering on leaving for good.

I don't have much hope for EQ Next. It's going in the wrong direction, in my opinion. It's going to end up Zyngaland. The next revolution will come from a small shop that 'gets it' about player freedom and content.
So long as you keep in mind your post is based off your own opinion and thoughts of preferences then sure.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So long as you keep in mind your post is based off your own opinion and thoughts of preferences then sure.
Same as yours, except yours is based on a 10 year old game that looks and plays it, and relies more on reputation and fanboys than actual content.

Mine is a new boring game with better mechanics, at least.
tongue.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Same as yours, except yours is based on a 10 year old game that looks and plays it, and relies more on reputation and fanboys than actual content.

Mine is a new boring game with better mechanics, at least.
tongue.png
Shrug - games are still trying to mimic the good pvp days of UO Or DAoC and failing - nothing wrong with old - old memories are why we keep hoping for something to bring back that old magic!

Alsooooooooo you said new boring game with better mechanics - something just sounds wrong there :p If everything is better. why is it boring?!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Shrug - games are still trying to mimic the good pvp days of UO Or DAoC and failing - nothing wrong with old - old memories are why we keep hoping for something to bring back that old magic!

Alsooooooooo you said new boring game with better mechanics - something just sounds wrong there :p If everything is better. why is it boring?!
Because the genre and design can't hold my attention the way it did 15 or even 10 years ago. The games have gotten better but my interest level at my current age isn't nearly the same as it was in my 20s.

There were no good old days of UO. The game was great for it's time but so anti social and ridden with bugs that they had to completely gut it due to how bad it grew early on.

DAOC likewise had great small group combat, but the game itself was mediocre. The saving grace of it wasn't the game, but the community.

WOW likewise was amazing in 2004 and did some great things. However, now the game just can't hold my attention despite some very good design decisions based on helping me morph from a hardcore MMOer to a casual.

TESO has great graphics, by far the best class design, and it's guild and PVP setup are excellent. However, it's iterative by and large and thus can't really hold my attention. I still have fun, but I'm just not the MMO crack addict I was once upon a time.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Because the genre and design can't hold my attention the way it did 15 or even 10 years ago. The games have gotten better but my interest level at my current age isn't nearly the same as it was in my 20s.

There were no good old days of UO. The game was great for it's time but so anti social and ridden with bugs that they had to completely gut it due to how bad it grew early on.

DAOC likewise had great small group combat, but the game itself was mediocre. The saving grace of it wasn't the game, but the community.

WOW likewise was amazing in 2004 and did some great things. However, now the game just can't hold my attention despite some very good design decisions based on helping me morph from a hardcore MMOer to a casual.

TESO has great graphics, by far the best class design, and it's guild and PVP setup are excellent. However, it's iterative by and large and thus can't really hold my attention. I still have fun, but I'm just not the MMO crack addict I was once upon a time.
Im inclined to agree - things arent the same and my attention span for anything has dwindled greatly. The only "persistent" type game i have real hype and anticipation for is Destiny and maybe The Division. I am almost over MMOs in its entirety at this point.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well I just hit a game ending bug for my character. Was stuck at snare speed forever, even my horse was stuck.

Did all the usual stuff. Reloaded UI, exited game, made sure my walk/run wasn't toggled etc

Had to put in a ticket in for it, and just got a CS to help me 3 hours later. They said its happening a lot ,and there is no current fix yet.
Try doing /stuck and killing yourself.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The only reason, imo, to play this game right now is because the PVP is top notch and the class design is the best on the market. Probably best MMO class system design ever from my stand point now 1 week in.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So... veteran zone access is completely shut down at the moment due to a quest bug. Good times.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
Well I just hit a game ending bug for my character. Was stuck at snare speed forever, even my horse was stuck.

Did all the usual stuff. Reloaded UI, exited game, made sure my walk/run wasn't toggled etc

Had to put in a ticket in for it, and just got a CS to help me 3 hours later. They said its happening a lot ,and there is no current fix yet.
The fix is just to die, had it twice now, dying fixes it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only reason, imo, to play this game right now is because the PVP is top notch and the class design is the best on the market. Probably best MMO class system design ever from my stand point now 1 week in.
Class design is in my opinion good because you can basically do whatever the hell you want. Archer with Heavy armor and Magic ? Yes. Dual Wield Light Armor Tank ? Yes. Stealth ninja with 2 handed and heal ? Yes. Fucking Destro Staff Ranged Warrior ? Fucking yes. It reminds me of SWG pre-CU class system where you could dabble your templates like a mad cunt. It feels refreshing in a market where everyone plays a cliche class. PvP on the other hand is fucked up right now, most (Eu) campaigns are awfully balanced, maps are one-colored (?) most of the time due to people fearing getting spawn fucked and bandwagoning to the most populated faction. Most people aren't 50 and didn't do PvP so maybe it will get better, but right now it's spawn camp or getting spawn camped most of the time.

Only thing I'd have to say regarding bad stuff (minus the "Eu server located in US so your weapon swap will take 3s" thing) is they should make questions more rewarding. People choosing to follow story and leveling experience shouldn't be "punished" over group bashers.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
TSW had that do whatever you want class system. It was great in theory, until people discovered the most effective builds and everyone was AR/shotgun.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
About to hit 50 on Templar, has anyone figured out the mana issues yet for this class? The bst heal we have has a 2second cast, which is impossible to get off in small scale pvp, you basically have to precast it and pray it lands on your group member and not someone outside your grp.

Also our mana regen buff is terrrrrrrriibbbllleeee - you have to stand in the circle, but the buff is on you, butt the effects dont last. Also annoying is it drops where we started the cast, not where we ended the cast.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
About to hit 50 on Templar, has anyone figured out the mana issues yet for this class? The bst heal we have has a 2second cast, which is impossible to get off in small scale pvp, you basically have to precast it and pray it lands on your group member and not someone outside your grp.

Also our mana regen buff is terrrrrrrriibbbllleeee - you have to stand in the circle, but the buff is on you, butt the effects dont last. Also annoying is it drops where we started the cast, not where we ended the cast.
alchemy dog. lots and lots of alchemy. also resto staff when possible.