The Elder Scrolls Online

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This looking like it will have some longevity? Don't have any desire to grind to max level just for the game to be a ghost town in a few months. But would definitely be interested in something that will be around for a while

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This looking like it will have some longevity? Don't have any desire to grind to max level just for the game to be a ghost town in a few months. But would definitely be interested in something that will be around for a while
There is a ton of content. Easily 200+ hours of gameplay. How quickly you consume that depends on your habits. As far as 'staying power' in the MMO space... That remains to be seen, but to me, the prospects look better than most in recent memory.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Currently, while leveling experience is somewhat okay for a EUR32 online key, I don't see TESO going on the long run : their "PvE raiding" content is still under development while the game lacks major social / PvP features. Unless they have amagic patchsomewhere, I don't see a lot of people suscribing to do hard VR grind / soul less PvP. Both combat gameplay and class design are interesting, but mixing people in a mindless RvR shaker isn't (no guildnames, no nameplates, etc). I don't really have problems with VR grind, but it will turn off a lot of people. It's a shame because during my PvP nights I sometimes felt there's something nice going on, gameplay wise. I can't really put my finger on it, but a friend told me "it's nice because you won't know what the other guy will do just because you could check his armory". Freshness, maybe.

Yeah, this game feels fresh, gameplay wise. Of course Holy Trinity is there, of course some builds will be gimped compared to other builds, but I don't know, there's an "abstract kind of feel" you're free to shape your character like you want. Most people on ESO like how you can play whatever the fuck you want, as Draegan said class design is nice and you can be Cinderella or Godzilla without rerolling, which is a strong perk in a market where character customization remains #1st demand. IMO both Utnayan and Blackwulf were wrong, because there is content past lvl17 and it was less bugged than 1-17 (from my experience) and the game lacks critical social features, like proper auction house system / bubble chats, guild features and such. It seems some parts of ESO were designed by professional people, and other parts by coffee machine interns.

khalid

Unelected Mod
mindless RvR shaker isn't (no guildnames, no nameplates, etc).
The no guildnames and nameplates really makes pvp feel less interesting for me. Even when running with all the members of your guild, you can't actually "see" who is running around you easily, so it feels weird. The pvp just has this very disconnected feel to me.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
PVE: So whats the deal with the agro hate? Playing Templar with light armor and Healing Staff and no matter what I do or dont with who or not mobs just instantly agro to me. There can be 3 ppl smacking it down while I am meters from those and X mob will instantly attack me.
Something I am missing?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you can stand in a room as your buddy pulls packs and they will aggro to you even if you dont do anything.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just got vampire tonight and must say drain essence really makes me tank 3 packs better, as a bow nightblade, and i never run out of stamina so I can spam straight stamina AE spells then regain it with drain essence. beast mode
biggrin.png
leveling hasnt been that bad, although im grinding instead of questing. grinding a level in 30 minutes seems more rewarding than running around questing for like 45 min/lvl. been doin 5 levels a day without playing more than 6 hours a day, at 36 now probably hit 50 this week np. might roll a templar alt too :p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight 80 of us invaded the most populated and challenging campaign, Auriel's Bow. When we arrived at AB our faction only had a few keeps and no scrolls. We made an push toward the keep closest to DC's home, Fort Rayles which held one of our Elder Scrolls. Throughout the night we worked with the excellent members of Auriel's Bow to capture a handful of keeps and finally take the scroll held at Rayles. We also assaulted Fort Warden and defended Alessia from the EP.

gi5ANX0.jpg

U2D4rQK.jpg

1y0CP4s.jpg

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
updates are great and everything tuco but cmon. you went there, didnt accomplish much. just say you had a good time and move on.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Myabe I missed this, but is there an actual area for server selecting? Title says Dawnguard campaign but can't find where to select that. As long as I am on NA Megaserver am I good?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Myabe I missed this, but is there an actual area for server selecting? Title says Dawnguard campaign but can't find where to select that. As long as I am on NA Megaserver am I good?
Yep. The campaign names you can pick once in game. Cant wait to PvP as a group again, but I'm on motel internet until tomorrow night. PVE lag is bad enough (mobs location not up to date = not fun with cone attacks). Though I still don't have a mount. Am I being stupid? I was too cheap to buy the pre-order that came with a mount, and I'm so close to affording the 42k horse I havent bothered with the cheaper one.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Still really enjoying the game. Usually if I leave a game for a few days I will lose interest. Not the case with ESO. Taking my time listening to every quest etc... Every quest being voice acted is something that hasn't really been praised enough. I know SWOTOR did it but it's just so much more interesting when it's not just a wall of text..

Anyone got any updates on an easy way to install sweetfx on nvidia cards?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well so far my experience with ESO's support is 50/50.....got one amazing experience and one complete shit experience.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Eh- best fucking game i've played since EQ. Just amazing... Yeah PVP is lacking but PVE content is stunning. Launch went great as well... Fuck anyone who says this game is shit. All that bullshit hype on these forums saying it will flop is retarded. Welcome ESO. Goodbye WoWWWWWW

esloan_sl

shitlord
Biggest problem that i have seen rear its ugly head is the botting and the teleportation hack to grab resource nodes. They are everywhere right now. Zenimax better get it in gear and figure out a way to stop these guys. Its hard to grab nodes when bots are teleporting from one to another in the blink of an eye.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
PVE: So whats the deal with the agro hate? Playing Templar with light armor and Healing Staff and no matter what I do or dont with who or not mobs just instantly agro to me. There can be 3 ppl smacking it down while I am meters from those and X mob will instantly attack me.
Something I am missing?
It's by design. Packs of trash mobs are supposed to split up and attack everyone in the party. There are no AOE taunts either so once they are on you, you either CC them or kill them.

I like it better than EZ tanking in WoW and other MMOs. Makes the dungeons more challenging.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
updates are great and everything tuco but cmon. you went there, didnt accomplish much. just say you had a good time and move on.
I'm proud of the force that invaded the map, captured multiple keeps in enemy territory and captured a scroll.