The Elder Scrolls Online

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Eh- best fucking game i've played since EQ. Just amazing... Yeah PVP is lacking but PVE content is stunning. Launch went great as well... Fuck anyone who says this game is shit. All that bullshit hype on these forums saying it will flop is retarded. Welcome ESO. Goodbye WoWWWWWW
Maybe it will do good or maybe it will sink.. but I've heard this exact comment, word for word, for just about every MMO that has launched in the last 5 years.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Maybe it will do good or maybe it will sink.. but I've heard this exact comment, word for word, for just about every MMO that has launched in the last 5 years.
Well, there are fanboys for most titles.. Even Vanguard has <had?> diehards. The game is solid. My biggest factor right now is the weather. If this game had come out in October of last year here in Ohio I'd be playing the heck out of it. It was 65 last night. By the time I got inside it was after 9 PM and I had no desire to fire up a game for my hour before crashing. This is aimed at older gamers, I think. My heavier gaming periods are late fall and winter. Summer I'm really limited with life and getting out.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I seemed to have encountered every bug possible in pvp. Is there a known issues thread on the test website? Really don't like the easy mode siege and repairing. On the good side, I can see everyone!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I seemed to have encountered every bug possible in pvp. Is there a known issues thread on the test website? Really don't like the easy mode siege and repairing. On the good side, I can see everyone!
I've only done about six hours of PVP but haven't seen any bugs.. Is it pretty bad for sieges?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
God dammit, you guys are making it hard to wait even though I'm about to be traveling for 4 weeks.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've only done about six hours of PVP but haven't seen any bugs.. Is it pretty bad for sieges?
I crashed last night (first time ever so it was random) and I've been stuck in the loading screen for over 10 hours. I can't log back into the game lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That cracks me up. That's also one advantage to having a game where only the thief classes can sneak, if you invite a rogue into your group and he ninjas the chest while you fight, well, it's kind of your fault.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not run into any trolls yet, but have had a fair few people go AFK leaving our dungeon group with 3 people and unable to kick them from the instance. Just add the same you aren't in this instance count down like WoW has. Problem solved.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That cracks me up. That's also one advantage to having a game where only the thief classes can sneak, if you invite a rogue into your group and he ninjas the chest while you fight, well, it's kind of your fault.
I love the comments in the Youtube video where people are blaming the player. How about they have a system designed to stop it?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the fun of fighting veteran rank 4-5 storm atronachs solo....

if i never have to fight another one of those things ill be a happy man.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I love the comments in the Youtube video where people are blaming the player. How about they have a system designed to stop it?
I think it's pure desperation from realizing that a more forced reward system is somewhere around the 50th most important thing this game can do to improve.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not really. Just annoying shit like can't go through doors, endless loading and my favorite swapping weapons where the weapon doesn't swap but the action bar does. Making you unable to do anything.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Having trouble finding significant problems to complain about?

I've yet to ever loot anything better than green loot from chests so I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape if some douchebag in a PUG wants to be a loot whore. When I run dungeons with PRX groups, I open all the chests I get to first because I can do it quickly. If there is any loot, the Link to Chat feature works wonders.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, I remember rogues in EQ always saying they didn't pickpocket shit too, yet somehow always had fuckloads of mats from the planes. No class should just be "gifted" with the ability to get free loot. The system will be exploited and shouldn't exist in the first place.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think it's pure desperation from realizing that a more forced reward system is somewhere around the 50th most important thing this game can do to improve.
Very true.

I've yet to ever loot anything better than green loot from chests so I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape if some douchebag in a PUG wants to be a loot whore. When I run dungeons with PRX groups, I open all the chests I get to first because I can do it quickly. If there is any loot, the Link to Chat feature works wonders.
True. But there is a need before greed system in WoW that does this with green items and also limits someone to who can actually use it as well when leveling through dungeons with an alt. This is the way it should be done. Tuco made a good point though above, where there are so many things that need improvement that when placed on a priority, this would be number 50.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone use ring of mara a lot? I read some dev post it will work no matter how far you two are from each other, as long as grouped and wearing the ring. But what about level difference? I have a buddy whos level 10 and I'm level 36.. wondering if it's worth it to group/wear ring while we aer grinding in diff continents.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Very true.

True. But there is a need before greed system in WoW that does this with green items and also limits someone to who can actually use it as well when leveling through dungeons with an alt. This is the way it should be done. Tuco made a good point though above, where there are so many things that need improvement that when placed on a priority, this would be number 50.
Every character in TESO can use every item dropped as loot so there is no way to limit loot rolls to only players who would use it. You can't praise a class design system that allows complete freedom to select what weapons and armor a player want to use and then complain about a loot system that supports that freedom of choice.

With that said, I would support a future enhancement that adds a minimum skill rank in order to equip a piece of equipment of blue quality or higher. For example, all blue + VR ranked gear would require level 45+ skill in order to equip.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Every character in TESO can use every item dropped as loot so there is no way to limit loot rolls to only players who would use it. You can't praise a class design system that allows complete freedom to select what weapons and armor a player want to use and then complain about a loot system that supports that freedom of choice.

With that said, I would support a future enhancement that adds a minimum skill rank in order to equip a piece of equipment of blue quality or higher. For example, all blue + VR ranked gear would require level 45+ skill in order to equip.
Or the ability to loot it. If I am running a Sorc and there is a 1h Mace upgrade someone could use, and I have no intention of leveling up a 1h Mace and I grab it, it could set a minimum level appropriate with the skill and kick it to someone that needs it. Pretty easy to flag an item and have the system cross reference the characters skill level for that item subset, and flip the flag of whether it can be looted or not. Probably would want to make it level range specific. Level 1-15, 15-25, 25-35, 35-45, 45-50, and Each level of VR item.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Also how do these group xp grind groups work out? I see them a lot at the grinding spots I'm at but as a nightblade I kill mobs in 2-3 hits with 0 downtime, doing a level every 30-40 minutes. I have hard time believing being in a group of 5 people is going to be faster unless the xp isnt split up and they get full xp everytime? anyone know?

I saw this at the shadowfen pirate spot but now I'm seeing huge zerg at the zombies in the rift and wondering. I mean I find enough mobs to keep me constantly killing but when they steamroll through killing shit before I can get a hit on the 2nd or 3rd mob in a pack it's annoying as fuk