The Expanse

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just so I’m clear - those worm things that disintegrated the Martian ship, are the same ones who killed Miller/the protomolecule tech on ilus? Or was that something else?
Also , my understanding of the ending was that Marcos gave the Martian guy the protomolecule in exchange for his ships - or is that not the case? If he did give him the molecule, how did it survive the zmeya explosion ?

lastly, when do the reapers make an appearance and when do we meet the illusive man

Cybsled

Just so I’m clear - those worm things that disintegrated the Martian ship, are the same ones who killed Miller/the protomolecule tech on ilus? Or was that something else?
Also , my understanding of the ending was that Marcos gave the Martian guy the protomolecule in exchange for his ships - or is that not the case? If he did give him the molecule, how did it survive the zmeya explosion ?

2nd question was answered by the show: Correct, Macros traded the protomolecule to a rogue Martian faction in exchange for ships/weapons. The show answered your question about the Zmeya also: One of the missiles didn't target the Rosi and was flying away from the sun (the reporter shows Holden her info during that party at the end).

As for the first question: The show has somewhat confirmed this if you note the details they have shown in the show: specifically when that scientist lady falls through the "void bullet" at the end of season 4 and you see the "entities" there, which look similar to the entity you see when the Rosi passes through the gate at the end of season 3 and the entities we see at the end of season 5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
this is pretty cool, a rocinante model ship (17 images click next)

it was apparently a kickstarter

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Least episode of this season was a stark reminder as to just how slow this season was.

It felt like the last half was close ups of naomi's spittle. Like a quarter of the big events happen in the last 3 minutes.

I haven't read the books, but I know naomi is one of those annoying characters that will never die. But damn it would have been great if she realized she couldn't prevent people from docking with her ship bomb and just detonated the thing herself to save everyone else.

Anyways, if the last season is an all out war that ultimately destroys the gates before the proto palace becomes fully operational with people getting stuck on all sides of portals, then it should be decent.
I didn't even realize last week was the season finale. Went to watch this week's yesterday and was real confused and thought maybe they were skipping a week. For a "finale" episode it really fell flat other than a single character death that wouldn't have even occured had the actor not gotten cancelled IRL. Really felt like they stretched 5 episodes worth of content out to 10.

Sterling

El Presidente
I didn't even realize last week was the season finale. Went to watch this week's yesterday and was real confused and thought maybe they were skipping a week. For a "finale" episode it really fell flat other than a single character death that wouldn't have even occured had the actor not gotten cancelled IRL. Really felt like they stretched 5 episodes worth of content out to 10.
Yeah, i made a similar comment earlier about the season feeling so short. It's because of having so many POV characters that they had to spend a little time with each one so each group only got like half the time they normally would have.

spronk

FPS noob
wes chatham (Amos) and Ty Franke (one of the authors) have a new podcast where they talk about the show and other movies, the first one is pretty good where they talk mostly about the movie Alien and what an influence it was on them. It was neat stuff like learning The Expanse started off as a videogame, got rejected, then developed as a personal tabletop RPG for years

spronk

FPS noob
episode 2 of the Amos & Ty podcast is out with Thomas Jane (Miller) as a guest, pretty awesome stuff. Jane talks about how his first movie role was a Bollywood movie at age 15, how he was homeless in LA for a while (doesnt seem to like to talk about it), Amos talks about how he was in the military during 9/11 (!), Ty talks about how he worked in IT for 2 decades and how he got started as GRRMs assistant. Guys definitely are super into 80s/90s scifi and Stephen King

Sterling

El Presidente
episode 2 of the Amos & Ty podcast is out with Thomas Jane (Miller) as a guest, pretty awesome stuff. Jane talks about how his first movie role was a Bollywood movie at age 15, how he was homeless in LA for a while (doesnt seem to like to talk about it), Amos talks about how he was in the military during 9/11 (!), Ty talks about how he worked in IT for 2 decades and how he got started as GRRMs assistant. Guys definitely are super into 80s/90s scifi and Stephen King

These had been getting released like right after each episode, this episode is months old at this point and they have one for every episode of the season.

spronk

FPS noob
No thats different, they hosted the After show and yeah all those got released but the two guys realized they wanted to keep talking so they started a new podcast, only 2 episodes total so far. The after show was focused solely on the aired episode but this one just kinda varies and goes anywhere.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Watching this now., Im on the start of season 3 now.

Very good show, a very well written universe whose politics that is easy to understand, and to some extent sympathize.

Sterling

El Presidente
No thats different, they hosted the After show and yeah all those got released but the two guys realized they wanted to keep talking so they started a new podcast, only 2 episodes total so far. The after show was focused solely on the aired episode but this one just kinda varies and goes anywhere.
Oh, that's cool then.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So did they rewrite the ending to take care of the guy who got metooed or was that always going to happen?

Juvarisx

Florida
They need to stop doing week to week on this, I was worried after reading here but this season was pretty good binging it. Yea Niomi is awful but the rest was great.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So did they rewrite the ending to take care of the guy who got metooed or was that always going to happen?
Drummer, Fred, and Bull were adjusted from the books to fit better on the TV version and then they edited even further to off him from the show. Alex's death was Fred's originally and meant to show the dangers of high G maneuvers.

• 1Like