The Expanse

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They had to do some edits and reshoots. He lived originally.

I thought it looked kid of half assed. Did they even bring him in for the reshoot or use stock footage?

Thanks for the info.

Goatface

They need to stop doing week to week on this, I was worried after reading here but this season was pretty good binging it. Yea Niomi is awful but the rest was great.
they might as well dump the next season, but weekly is much better for a show like this to gain traction. if the 1st season on amazon was weekly it might have got popular enough to keep going. it had a little buzz for almost a week before rise of skywalker took the spotlight.

Goatface

I thought it looked kid of half assed. Did they even bring him in for the reshoot or use stock footage?

Thanks for the info.

his death was just a freeze frame with some cgi blood. sure the original scene was just him talking about getting her. have not looked at it all, as i don't have prime, but there is an extras section with pics from the original scenes after his death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Thanks for the info.

They repurposed some of his prior recorded lines, then did a freeze frame of him and added some cgi of blood droplets and the computer screen flashing a picture of his brain with highlighted areas of hemorrhage. They did some minor reshoots with the other cast to acknowledge his death, then had to edit him out of some scenes. Like at the party, he was sitting next to Amos but they made it an empty chair. They also had to crop other shots.

They didn’t bring him back and season 5 had already wrapped, so this was really their best option without some off screen death shit

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Oh man that sucks I finally caught up.

I thought Alex was going to bone terminator girl, who btw gives me the weirdest boner every time she is on screen.

• 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Just about finished with season 5, and while season 5 has slowed down some I still feel this is the best sci-fi show I've watched. I just wish shows had more episodes in each season. Older shows used to have about 20 per season. Any more you're lucky if you get 10. First world problems.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
season 5 made season 4 look like Citizen Kane in comparison. That whole Naomi-centric story was pure vomit.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
season 5 made season 4 look like Citizen Kane in comparison. That whole Naomi-centric story was pure vomit.
This. I thought Season 4 was a bit of a "down-slope", until I saw season 5..

Scary to think that this show was MUCH better on SyFy.

Cybsled

That has more to do with the source material. Marco wasn’t a POV character in book 5, so Naomi acted as the reader’s eyes in terms of the stuff going on with the Free Navy. We get a Marco POV in book 6, so it doesn’t require that overlap anymore.

Goatface

wonder how much pov going to get from Filip, he sucks so bad. he has like 3rd most chapters in book 6

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
season 6 finishes filming this week after 5 months of shooting (!), should premiere in Dec like previous seasons and run week to week. Not super excited, the series is just mid tier TV to me now. At least the final book should be out around the same time and wrap up the main storylines. The TV show will be ending on cliffhangers essentially since it ends at book 6 or so, with 3 more books unfilmed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Not really a cliff hanger, but unresolved plot points. Book 6 has a natural stopping point. Don't forget that book 7 and onward takes place like 30 years later.

Unless they try to squeeze all the book 7+ shit into the final episodes of the series to try to "resolve" them, then season 6 should still be a mostly satisfying finale for the TV show. The only thing you'll be missing is
the aliens in the wormholes escalating matters and the whole Laconia Empire trying to become -the- human empire and taking over everything

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

1-2 novellas will follow the final book. The next season of the Expanse is the final season (filming now) and will cover up to book 6.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
show wrapped the final season a few months back, probably doing vfx and shit now. should be more info in less than a month at NY comic con

Wheel of Time starts soon-ish, i assume they don't wanna run two big shows at the same time so probably Dec/Jan premiere for Expanse. Amazon runs shows 1 week at a time now instead of binge dropping the whole season like netflix.

The final book of the series drops Nov 16th, a preview is up with the prologue apparently
www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Falls-Expanse-Book-9-ebook/dp/B08Y8LBCLH

The 6th season of the show goes up to books 4 or 5 I think? The rest of the books will NOT be filmed for now, maybe they are saving for a movie or something? I dunno, imo only seasons 1-3 are "great" and I don't honestly care about the rest of the show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I hope they give all of alex's plot points to naomi. If we can see her on the screen twice as much, this show will certainly be twice as good.

• 2Rustled
  • 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Goatface

rumor from last week was season 6 is only going to be 6 episodes, but didn't see any real proof

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I’m way more excited for the final book than the final season. The show just doesn’t do the books justice. That’s not a dig on the show per se, just the different mediums and the practical limitations of the small screen.

spronk

FPS noob
hardback final book is slightly delayed a few weeks i think. was supposed to be out around now-ish?

honestly forgot about it. Its not up anywhere digitally (retail or pirate), i wonder if they will release it digitally on time