The Expanse

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
hardback final book is slightly delayed a few weeks i think. was supposed to be out around now-ish?

honestly forgot about it. Its not up anywhere digitally (retail or pirate), i wonder if they will release it digitally on time
E9CCB0C6-F57A-4CE2-AEB3-6663AFA0A019.jpeg

Apple book store says 11/16. No results on an audiobook, which is what I’ll be waiting for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
dec 10th premiere date to save yourself some time watching the trailer, 1 episode a week i assume again

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Bobbie and Camina should get their own x rated spin-off series where they discover a deep twisted lesbian passion for each other and they go fight injustice by letting their bodies being used and abused in every way possible.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Bobbie and Camina should get their own x rated spin-off series where they discover a deep twisted lesbian passion for each other and they go fight injustice by letting their bodies being used and abused in every way possible.

sounds like a hentai plot. I'm in.

spronk

FPS noob
season 6 is only 6 episodes, lame. hopefully no bullshit time wasting

• 1Rustled
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

6 episodes does suck, but book 6 (much like book 3) can be fairly well condensed to fit that.

My big wonder is how much the end will differ from the book. The book is a good natural stopping point for the Sol system stuff, but it does leave 2 major plot points wide open and they've already heavily teased both in season 5.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there any "behind the scenes" discussion as to why some major story beats were changed? Some seem arbitrary like Elvi says "Like the eye of an angry god" in the books, but Holden says it in the show. Some seem quite big like Bull dying in the books, Klaes Ashford's story continuing(longer than the books) in the show, the Barbipicolla burning up in the atmosphere in the books. There were two major PoV characters in book 4 written out of the show.

spronk

FPS noob
There are some podcasts where the showrunners talk about it, its been a few years so not sure where I heard it. But mostly it just boiled down to usually 3 things

1 - less characters the better, so some were given dialogue and story beats from other chars. Drummer was merged with the book engineering hot shot
2 - they really, really liked some actors and meat-d up their roles. Ashford and Drummer are big examples of this
3 - moved some stuff around so characters would not be out of the show for long stretches of time, Bobby/Avasarala are prime examples but also Naomi's family stuff

some stuff was also just going to be too expensive to film like some of the big battle stuff cut out.

The show is already really expensive, amazon didn't increase the budgets that much when it transitioned from SyFy. A joke I remember from the podcast is that the shows nickname in the crew was "The Expense"

still crazy to me that only 6 episodes in the finale, that'll be interesting to hear about in the BTS podcasts. One of the creators, showrunners, and writers + the actor who plays Amos has a podcast that just kinda goes over random stuff and they are up to 35 episodes now (the apple, spotify, google, etc links have the full list while their website only has like 12)

Cybsled

Combining characters is common in TV shows. Every character is another actor and another paycheck.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
The last couple of seasons aren't quite as good on the as the earlier ones, but there are still plenty of good moments and on the whole it's still a pretty good show. Drummer is my girl even if she's kind of in the crappy part of the show right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any of the seasons on Amazon are noticeably "worse" than the seasons on SyFy, surprisingly enough. S5 was boring as fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Any of the seasons on Amazon are noticeably "worse" than the seasons on SyFy, surprisingly enough. S5 was boring as fuck.

Same as the books, in my opinion, so I'm not sure how much the blame lies on Amazon there. The early books with all the protomolecule stuff was incredible, then it becomes a slog to read through the stupid ass Marco chapters, and then it gets good again with the Laconia stuff.

Unfortunately the show's gonna stop at the Marco stuff, leaving the audience with a bad memory of a promising show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

amazon prime still does an incredibly shitty thing of keeping SEPERATE listings for HD (1080p) and ultraHD (4k/HDR) versions of their show, make sure you are watching the right one

and yeah i expect the sixth season to suck, honestly I'd just recommend anyone watch the first 3 seasons and stop, the 4th season is 60% meh and 30% good, the 5th season is closer to 80% meh 10% good.

the final book is out in a month, hopefully that wraps up the protomolecule stuff

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What the fuck? A “boring” episode of expanse is still better then 99% of the shit shows that are available right now. Y'all need to calm your tits.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys you just saved me ~17 hours of my life

EDIT: see below

Last edited: