The Expanse

Juvarisx

Florida
Maaaan they never finish sci-fi shows, can't think of one I liked in the past 20 years where it had an actual ending.
Altered Carbon season 1 rocked but season 2 sucked so bad they didn't bother with a third. Dark Matter ended just as it was getting good, bunch of others. They just stop making them.

Fringe, Dark and SG1 are the only ones I can think of that I liked. On rewatch I am starting to warm up a bit to how BSG ended, I know they wouldn't do another version of BSG 1980 but IDK. I've heard 12 Monkeys ended well but I haven't had the motivation to start that show over. If you consider Legion sci fi I like how that ended but that show was bananas.

Cybsled

Legion I liked. The way they ended that was fucked - ultimate cliffhanger

edit: oh wait, I’m thinking Dominion, the angel vs demon war thing

Del

Vyemm Raider
Dark was a great show and had a good ending.

I can barely watch American shows anymore. They're almost all ruined by leftist bullshit or horrible management.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How big is the time jump from book 6 to 7?

People, previously in the thread, made it sound like they would need a whole new cast of characters for book 7, 8 and 9, anyway. For non-book readers, who don't discuss this show on a message board, a whole new cast would probably cause a bunch of confusion, if they named it season 7.

So hopefully they will reveal some official plans, involving Amazon, for the later book, after this season is over.

Sterling

El Presidente
How big is the time jump from book 6 to 7?

People, previously in the thread, made it sound like they would need a whole new cast of characters for book 7, 8 and 9, anyway. For non-book readers, who don't discuss this show on a message board, a whole new cast would probably cause a bunch of confusion, if they named it season 7.

So hopefully they will reveal some official plans, involving Amazon, for the later book, after this season is over.
~ 30 years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Movies are always bad unless you're willing to Harry Potter it for 7-8 of them. With how short some streaming series are they should go with miniseries level if they really want to finish the last few books.

Burns

~ 30 years

It would be difficult to convincingly age up the whole cast that much, but at the same time, none of them (outside of Avasarala) would be dead from old age yet.

I wonder what the minimum amount of years they could get by with, and not ruin the story.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree, it would be hard to age up the cast. They're just going to have find new actors for Holden and Naomi. A tough pill to swallow...

Cybsled

In the books they handwave some anti aging meds that the main characters take

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
They don't change much in the books iirc. Holden gets some Grey hairs, Amos becomes more badass in a lean and mean way, Bobby still a tough marine and Naomi stays the same annoying cunt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Books 4 and 6 were my least favorite while 2 and 7 my most. If they wanna go serenity on this with a movie(s) thats fine, as long as they do it. This is one of the few gems where I like both book and show. My big obvious fear with a detour at the end is some nitwit pulls a game of thrones style ruination - but at least here the books are done so it can't be THAT bad? I hope?

Not to get to booky in here... yeah they handwave that theres future tech and aging isnt as bad, yeah, but they are clearly older. Bobby beat up, amos settling down a bit, avi battling bidenesque deterioration, etc. The whole premise seemed to be that their time was mostly past and new people were picking up some slack. If they do make more I at least hope they recast naomi...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have some faith that they will announce some sort of adaptation of the final 3 books after the finale is released.

spronk

FPS noob
i saw the thread bumped in books forum but for anyone who doesn't go there, the final book of The Expanse has dropped on all retailers

www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Falls-Expanse-Book-9-ebook/dp/B08Y8LBCLH

plan on reading it this weekend before final season airs.

one final book that is a collection of all the short stories (plus one new short story) called Memory's Legion will be released in march 2022.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
season 6 starts tonight or tomorrow morning
toy story cup GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
last book was good if you like the series worth reading it, it wraps everything up in a satisfactory way

i'll wait till all 6 episodes drop, have a feeling the show is gonna be a bit rough