The Expanse

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck? A “boring” episode of expanse is still better then 99% of the shit shows that are available right now. Y'all need to calm your tits.
And this guy comes along.

Really, like I said I stopped after episode 3 of season 4. You think it is worth finishing up?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
What the fuck? A “boring” episode of expanse is still better then 99% of the shit shows that are available right now. Y'all need to calm your tits.

so you enjoyed the 3 or 4 episodes of season 5 where Naomi is alone in a ship talking to herself? I'd rather watch the 99%

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And this guy comes along.

Really, like I said I stopped after episode 3 of season 4. You think it is worth finishing up?
honestly s4 was getting to be a bit of a snore, but... you should finish it

now s5???

you can just ff EVERYTHING that isn't amos and peaches and s5 will be a great season, everyone else is worthless

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so you enjoyed the 3 or 4 episodes of season 5 where Naomi is alone in a ship talking to herself? I'd rather watch the 99%

When I rewatched season 5 a few months ago, I just fast forward almost every Naomi part and it improved the quality of the season immensely. It seemed like more on the first watch, but it was only about 15% of the season (maybe?).

I didn't mind the Marco stuff, even if Philip is a bit annoying.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naomi parts dragged, but like was pointed out, in the book 5 she was a POV character and our only window to the Marcos stuff. Book 6 they made Marcos a POV character.

It translated less well to screen, although even in the book I liked the Amos&Peaches adventures the most and those “made” book 5 and unsurprisingly season 5.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Season 5 cemented Belters as irredeemable caricatures. I just finished reading S4 in the books and I found it far more interesting written than watched. Maybe the authors are having issues translating characters to the show. Basia, which they basically wrote out of the show, is a very relatable Belter.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

lol. I was just gonna reply to him "depends on how much Naomi is in it"

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wish they had done more with the Amos + Peaches "journey". It seemed very rushed and was easily some of the best parts of S5. I actually like Marco a LOT and the actor fucking kills it as that character. The problem with S5 is that Noami is a dogshit actress - it isn't even necessarily the character, it's just the horrible talent.

The worst part of S5 though is them killing off Alex because of woke bullshit. I loved that dude's portrayal of him, even down to the shitty accent. IMO, he had one of the best "arcs" in the show.

• 5Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 376095
Apple book store says 11/16. No results on an audiobook, which is what I’ll be waiting for.
Quoting myself. Looks like the audiobook is “expected” Nov 30.
C4740856-813F-42CC-AEC0-D3279FA67403.jpeg

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Who's doing the cover for these books? They're incomprehensible, do very little to draw new readers in, and after reading 4 books and watching 5 seasons, I still can't identify what's on the fucking covers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

Who's doing the cover for these books? They're incomprehensible, do very little to draw new readers in, and after reading 4 books and watching 5 seasons, I still can't identify what's on the fucking covers.
iirc they just give the artist a brief idea and lets them do what they want.
most of the international covers are better

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah, the episode where we are looking at Naomi's face inside a spacesuit for half of the show was kind of annoying. Such a blatant attempt to save special effects money.

But I still enjoy the show even when crying Naomi is on the screen.

spronk

FPS noob

meh. nothing in the trailer really interested me other than seeing Amos and Peaches chill out and talk. i don't really give a fuck about Holden, Naomi, Bobby, Avasarala, Naomi's ex husband or kid, yadda yadda.

It doesn't look like Anderson Dawes will be back, understandable since Jared Harris is hotter than a supernova, but a real bummer since he was one of the last few remaining great characters.

Oh well, final season, didn't see fuck all about the protomolecule in the trailer, 6 episodes and show can finally be put to rest. Hope it goes out in a bang but the trailer felt like a whimper.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Music felt out of place.

I haven't read book 6. Should we be expecting anything protomolecule related? I thought that was on hold until books 7-9.

Sterling

El Presidente
Trailer is whatever. I loved this show early on and still like it enough that I'm sure I'll watch it until the end.

Cybsled

That final scene in the trailer - that's getting into book 7&8 shit. That REALLY makes me wonder what their plan for that is, because while book 6 is a good stopping point, it seems like they are fully committed to teasing the later books.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They aren't finishing the series?..

Half sad, but half don't care because the prior season was pretty meh

spronk

FPS noob
this is the final season of the TV show, 6 episodes and its done. It will end with book 6, book 9 is the final book and out in a few days or weeks (?). Nobody really knows whats up with book 7-9, no announcements of future TV shows or movies.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Maaaan they never finish sci-fi shows, can't think of one I liked in the past 20 years where it had an actual ending.
Altered Carbon season 1 rocked but season 2 sucked so bad they didn't bother with a third. Dark Matter ended just as it was getting good, bunch of others. They just stop making them.

• 2Like