The Expanse

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Having just finished the books a few months ago, I kept having these deja-vu moments like I already knew the characters faces. Felt pretty weird.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
That was a lot better than I thought it would be. It looks like syfy might be doing this show right, which makes me really happy as a big fan of the books. Also we badly need a new quality space show. I'm optimistic based on the first episode.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's good too see SYFY taking things seriously now and putting out some good shows.

spronk

FPS noob
Echoing everyone, fucking amazing pilot really nailed the atmosphere and "liveability" of the world, it all felt so real and right. I'd pay $20 to watch another episode, right now. Its really gonna suck waiting 3-4 weeks for a new episode, but I guess I can re-read the first few books.

Need subtitles though, had a hard time understanding a few things especially when they mix in the belter speech. But man, really felt like the show was taking the good parts of Alien, Blade Runner, and Total Recall and adding its own thing and I loved it.

If you haven't been following SyFy this year I'd watch Killjoys, Dark Matter, and 12 Monkeys. All 3 terrific shows that were renewed for next year.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This started out great. Loved everything about it really except the out of place pop song when they were moving around iceteroids. (I made up a word?)

I like the "realistic" space flight. Haven't read the books but this has made me want to read them. Maybe after the series is over.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you haven't been following SyFy this year I'd watch Killjoys, Dark Matter, and 12 Monkeys. All 3 terrific shows that were renewed for next year.
Yeah, they're really killing it. Makes you wonder why everyone is dragging their feet on established properties like Star Trek. This is finally the SyFy we've always wanted.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was good. That looked really expensive to make. Was surprised at the quality and the way it really nailed the atmosphere. This could quickly go on my must watch list.

Can you just imagine Firefly with that production quality. Makes me sad.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Haven't read the books but this has made me want to read them.
The book series is good. They've got a contract for 9, 5 are out so far with the 6th coming up this summer.

I also liked how they set up the impression that Holden's crew is going to rescue Julie on the Scopuli, but she's not there.
in the book, she's being transfered on the other ship on the second page or so, which means there's absolutely no ambiguity. But using the same sets to make you think the hijacker's ship is the Scopuli is genius, with a drifting helmet where the suit was drifting, and you're left holding your breath when they open up the door to the engine room with its horror... which aren't there. Although you could guess because there's not a hint of blood on the wall at the airlock...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I was hoping they were saving their effort for this when I saw Dark Matter et al and wasn't impressed. I mean, it's good that they're re-focusing on sci-fi even with schlock, but that has limited appeal. I can probably sell this to people that don't even watch sci-fi like how Harry Potter/LOTR/Hobbit/Game of Thrones can find a mainstream audience.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've watched the pilot twice. Like everyone else has stated, this is a really,reallygood pilot (shocked that some Metacritic scores are very low). Loved the atmosphere and the hard sci-fi elements. The universe feels real and exactly how I imagine a future where humanity has started colonizing the solar system. Everything made sense and in no way felt silly or ridiculous. And it has a super cool intro to boot.

Maybe it's just me, but the show also felt kind of Babylon 5'ish -- minus the plethora of aliens of course. I guess the political tensions portrayed between Earth and Mars reminded me of it.

Really praying the future episodes retain the quality of the pilotandthe show garners the ratings it needs to have future seasons.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm glad to hear the good reviews. I'll have to check it out. I've read the books and enjoyed them a lot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed the pilot. I was on board as soon as I heard Tom Jane was in this. I love just about every single thing he does.

Oldbased

> Than U
Really enjoyed the pilot and the fact there is more than 2 factions to deal with. Looking forward to this. If you want to watch it on TV, Vudu has episode 1 free as well if you have a smart dvd/blu ray/tv/whatever of the other 3000 streaming things.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I loved it. A few people I talked to got a bit tripped up on some of the minor "flavor" scenes and placed too much importance on them. Like the girl on the bed next to the dead guy. As though they thought it would be the mystery of the week thing. Once they got over that, and into the episode though they dug it.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was excellent. only gripe is that i don't like the main actor very much, but i can put up with that if the show stays this good otherwise.

spronk

FPS noob
which main guy, the detective (hat) or the spaceship guy (holden)? not gonna lie when holden took his shirt off and showed his abs, that was impressive - no homo

i also really liked the indian UN lady, she's been in a ton of famous movies and good shows. I think she's originally Iranian