The Expanse

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually stalled out in the middle of the third book and couldn't continue. Or maybe the fourth, I forget now as it was over a year ago. I thought the first book was really good at introducing me to everything, and the second brought in other great characters as mentioned. But eventually I just got bored with the whole thing and couldn't go on. Maybe it was just me, or maybe it really picks up right after the spot I was at, but I'm kind of hoping the series is a huge hit and I can just watch the episodes and get the whole story without having to read any more of it.
Most recent book felt like it went back to the roots of the first 2.

iannis

Musty Nester
I read the book. I still like the guy in the hat.

The wrong guy died. Miller is awesome. Holden is just Lawful Stupid.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Eps 3 and 4 are up on the usual websites but no ep 2. anyone knows what's up with that ?

velk

Trakanon Raider
I read the book. I still like the guy in the hat.

The wrong guy died. Miller is awesome. Holden is just Lawful Stupid.
I am almost certain the two authors split up the view points and Daniel Abraham did Miller. He is utterly believable and kind of a horrible person but you still really empathise with him.

Other guy will have done Holden, he has a lot less experience, so Holden is basically a good guy but everyone hates him anyway 8)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Eps 3 and 4 are up on the usual websites but no ep 2. anyone knows what's up with that ?
Intentional attempt to gauge popularity / demand following the end of the two-night premiere? By leaking episodes 3 and 4 but not episode 2 (having already shown episode 1 on the web for a month) you may rule out those who are just accumulating episodes rather than those who have seen episode 2 on the tube and want more.

I liked the sign advertising the Book of Mormon (musical) on Ceres, from the background info on the Expanse website (Tycho station) it seems like Mormons will be a plot point.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I was kind of expecting walking dead syndrome - i.e. a fantastic pilot that immediately drops to blah.

I'm very glad to be proven massively wrong on that one - that was fantastic.

No more episodes til jan sucks ;p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The bad news is that are only 10 episodes. The good news is that this more than likely means the quality will remain high rather than stretching out plot points or devolving into filler episodes. Adaptations of written works do at least benefit from having a clear mandate with respect to plot and, to a degree, pacing. This is better than getting renewed and then figuring out how to get out of the unresolved cliffhanger and then watch the occupants of the writers room flop around like fish out of water.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What a fantastic show and interesting universe. Guess I have a bunch of books to read now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Episodes 3 and 4 being on demand is great. Watched 3rd one right after replay of the 2nd late last night, going to watch the 4th now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Good series - only 10 eps? Seems like they could do so much - I realize there is a big 'arc' that the pilot+ initial episodes are covering, but surely they can flesh out past 10 eps?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I read a demo chapter on Amazon that seemed to cover most of the first episode, so I think at the very least it is one book per season and I'm not even truly sure they would make it to the end of the first book in these 10 episodes. I feel they have plenty of material to use.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Easily the best sci-fi show since BSG. Great first 4 episodes, with a large cast of characters and good acting, characterization and special effects. Pretty impressed so far.

Cybsled

Good series - only 10 eps? Seems like they could do so much - I realize there is a big 'arc' that the pilot+ initial episodes are covering, but surely they can flesh out past 10 eps?
10-12 episodes is standard for Cable.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think at the very least it is one book per season and I'm not even truly sure they would make it to the end of the first book in these 10 episodes. I feel they have plenty of material to use.
If you look at the episode titles, you can see exactly how the pacing is, and if does feel about right. The only thing that seems maybe rushed in ep 9-10, there could have been another, but once
you get to Eros, and the vomit zombies start throwing protomolecule around - which is pretty much implied by the Critical Mass title -
it's very quick in terms of real-time events.

Here's the titles for the upcoming episodes:

5 "Back to the Butcher"
6 "Retrofit"
7 "Windmills"
8 "Salvage"
9 "Critical Mass"
10 "Leviathan Wakes"

(disclaimer: didn't watch ep 2-4 yet, cause WoW raiding)