The Expanse

khorum

Murder Apologist
The belters' portuguese/mexican/indian pidgin is the best adaptation from the book. The show calls it "Belter Creole" and the fact that NAOMI is the worst at it just makes me hate her actress more.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If they want to do that genre why not Dragonlance? That's a much beloved series from a lot of people's childhood. Lots of material to work with there.

The animated movie was so bad that it poisoned the property, likely forever :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I loved how they fit in some of the book lines in this episode. Wasn't sure they would be there since in the book they aren't actually spoken to anyone.

Sounds like 4 episodes left. They said the show doesn't end on a cliffhanger and leaves the story open (which suggests they finish book 3), but I'm trying to figure out how they resolve book 3 unless they really trim a lot from it.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ah cool. So from my memory, book 3 primarily has

Everyone gets stuck in slow zone
People trying to get Holden because they think he is guilty
Holden gets on the station in the middle, slow zone gets slower
Belter Mutiny plot
"Melba" gets recognized as the mastermind
Mutiny resolved
All the Stargates open

The Mutiny seems out of place for just 5 episodes left, but it is critical in order for Melba's partial redemption which has rammifications for later books

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like a plot easier to stretch out in a book than on screen?

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Last nights episode was some good shit. It has been a while since I have had an edge of the seat feeling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Last night was pretty good. Lots of things I don't understand but only because I have a horrible habit of playing shows as background noise. I plan to rewatch the whole series while paying attention more once I get this season all on the DVR.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
They already cast Basia from the previous season and they showed Katoa this season. So if they were follow the pattern of finishing the next book and going from there mid-season, they can already do that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I've got mixed feelings on book 4. The lore dump is cool, but the main villain's motivations are idiotic. I hope if they go that route that they don't do the cartoon mustache twirl bullshit.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am glad they're speeding things up in the show now. Just one episode of Ring, To Ring and interesting stuff!

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
At least she actually TRIED it this eps.

She's definitely gonna need to work on it since there's gonna be a whole season about her shitty vagina choices.

I hope they bring Jared Harris back as Dawes too... his creole is like the bar everyone had to aspire to.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
I love how the show asks at the start "... so why didn't the ship also crumple and fold like the belter kid did?" Fucking space magic boys!!!

Such a tense episode, I was really sorta expecting the show to reset and slow down a bit and build back up to the season finale but nope they are going in HARD.

So the blind cameraman was the insider who fucked their ship up and sent out that fake broadcast and stuff which probably means he is working for the asian chick who blew up the science vessel, but I wonder if he knew that means he was gonna die too or if he got duped into going along. Wonder if we'll see a confession from him next episode.

people also have been giving steven strait (holden) a lot of shit for bad acting, "space jon snow", etc but I thought he killed it this episode

Fucking love Miller so much

GxWxqgU.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I chuckled hard at that head shake from Miller and the look of satisfaction when he pulls his hand back.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's actually cool that they leave ambiguity about whether Holden is having hallucinations about Miller in the show. In the book they clearly describe the
protomolecule "fireflies"
whenever he sees Miller. I'm sure that'll come but it's another layer of tension that IMPROVED on the source.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw a few comments about the Miller representation from the reddit. Holden never met Miller when he had his hat so that was an intended clue that Holden wasn't hallucinating, but they did do the bluish aura in the background while in the airlock. Something special might happen if he ever takes off his hat.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I just assumed Thomas Jane doesn't have the same haircut anymore, hence the hat staying on all the time. Clever camera trickery only and less story reasoning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users